More "new" gear for me! 😁

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gvl_guy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Greenville, SC (via NJ, Philly, ATL & SoFL)
I decided to get a new-to-me second turntable just for stereo and Matrix vinyl, while my first turntable is dedicated to CD-4 vinyl only. (Well, mainly.)

My Technics SL-1700 has a Panasonic strain gauge connected to a Technics SH-400 demodulator for near perfect CD-4 reproduction. (Is CD-4 ever really perfect?) My new Technics SL-D2 is plugged directly into my Sansui QRX-9001 for matrix and fake quad stuff (although I tested it with my JVC MD-20x cartridge and it gave me pretty darn good CD-4 with the Sansui built-in demodulator, too.)

I was really lucky to find a local guy who refurbishes Technics direct drive turntables exclusively and at a very reasonable price. Brand New custom dust cover, too. So clear!!! 🙂

Some photos. I'm a happy quad boy tonight.
PXL_20221020_205106457.jpg
PXL_20221020_204827660.jpg
PXL_20221020_213616340.jpg

Cool! I prefer to have separate turntables for matrix and CD-4, too and I used to, although right now, due to limitations of my current setup, I don't. It's nice not having to change cartridges or otherwise messing around just to play one type or the other. And, isn't an SH-400 with a strain gauge great?! Which cartridge do you have?

I need to work on getting it back the way I had it, one of these days.

I see your doggie approves, too.

Doug

I'm actually using it to power the center speaker when I play 5.1 discs in my Oppo player. Usually it's not a big deal, but there are some disks I have where the vocal is only in the center channel and I don't feel like listening to a karaoke disc. Lol

I bought that particular one for two reasons. It was vertical and fit in the exact space that I have available and it has an SQ decoder in it. While I'd never use the decoder, it's quad so it's cool. 😉

I'm actually using it to power the center speaker when I play 5.1 discs in my Oppo player. Usually it's not a big deal, but there are some disks I have where the vocal is only in the center channel and I don't feel like listening to a karaoke disc. Lol

I bought that particular one for two reasons. It was vertical and fit in the exact space that I have available and it has an SQ decoder in it. While I'd never use the decoder, it's quad so it's cool. 😉
I was referring to the dog smelling it.

Back