Mort Subotnick last-ever quad concert in LA tomorrow & 50th Anniversary Silver Apples of the Moon quad+atmos release.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamranv

QQ Supporter
In celebration of Morton Subotnick's final performance in Los Angeles tomorrow, March 31st, 2022, I recently released the digital version of the live record that I made with dublab & Morton Subotnick at the REDCAT Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater for the 50th Anniversary of the groundbreaking Silver Apples of the Moon.

The album is in Quadraphonic sound using QUARK (QS/Involve/DPLII compatible) and is immersive via all formats, including Atmos.
This release is a non-profit project supported by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, with all proceeds benefiting dublab.

Recorded: Feb 13, 2018
Original Limited Vinyl Release Date: December 8, 2020

Listen here.
Tickets for that final Quad Show in LA here. I'll be there too.

The album art by Jeremiah Chiu (who I also worked with on Suzanne Ciani's LIVE Quadraphonic) even won an award.

Damm Damm DAMM!

I am committed to attend a school play tomorrow and cant cancel out.
I saw him perform in los angles several years ago and he was fantastic and it was in surround. It was at the Redcat theater and it could have been the one above.
Oh well.... Anyone who can get to Los angeles tomorrow owes it to themselves to attend this.

Damm Damm DAMM!

I am committed to attend a school play tomorrow and cant cancel out.
I saw him perform in los angles several years ago and he was fantastic and it was in surround. It was at the Redcat theater and it could have been the one above.
Oh well.... Anyone who can get to Los angeles tomorrow owes it to themselves to attend this.
the recording is from that very show!

I have to look at my souvenir brochure I kept because I think it was earlier than that. I had him autograph several albums I brought including his quad ones.
As I recall he said he did not know 4 Butterflies was released in quad.

I hope his performance tomorrow is being recorded......

In celebration of Morton Subotnick's final performance in Los Angeles tomorrow, March 31st, 2022, I recently released the digital version of the live record that I made with dublab & Morton Subotnick at the REDCAT Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater for the 50th Anniversary of the groundbreaking Silver Apples of the Moon.

The album is in Quadraphonic sound using QUARK (QS/Involve/DPLII compatible) and is immersive via all formats, including Atmos.
This release is a non-profit project supported by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, with all proceeds benefiting dublab.

Recorded: Feb 13, 2018
Original Limited Vinyl Release Date: December 8, 2020

Listen here.
Tickets for that final Quad Show in LA here. I'll be there too.

The album art by Jeremiah Chiu (who I also worked with on Suzanne Ciani's LIVE Quadraphonic) even won an award.

Thanks for sharing, and for your support of the pioneers of analog synthesizer quadrophonic performance and recording.

:bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing: :51QQ

Listen now Amazon | Apple Music | Bandcamp | Spotify | Tidal

https://music.apple.com/us/album/silver-apples-of-the-moon-revisited-50th/1611875006?i=1611875007

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 7.47.01 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 7.45.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 7.45.46 PM.png
    374.3 KB · Views: 24
So it was in 2012 when I saw Subotnick at the RedCat ten years ago. He did do Silver Apples and A Sky of Cloudless Sulpher.
A question for the OP Is this his last concert ever or just the end of his current tour?

Back