Mostly Autumn - Passengers DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIDIQ

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Does anyone know anything about this DVD-A {Mostly Autumn - Passengers DVD-A}??? I listened to samples of the CD on all music guide, and it sounded interesting. They describe the band as sounding kinda like Pink Floyd at Accoustic Sounds, where i see it is for sale. But my main question is, does anyone know weither this is a live recording or studio??? The samples i heard on all music guide seemed to be studio, and on the Accoustic Sounds site the DVD-A looks to be described as a live recording???, and the songs are in a different order. Any info would be appreciated. THANKS. :)

old thread I know....

You can still get this at CDwow. I'm keen to know what people think - anyone got this? Is it 5.1?

But my main question is, does anyone know whether this is a live recording or studio??? The samples i heard on all music guide seemed to be studio, and on the Acoustic Sounds site the DVD-A looks to be described as a live recording???, and the songs are in a different order. Any info would be appreciated. THANKS. :)

It is a studio recording "Remixed for 5.1 Surround Sound From the Original Master Tapes". Has some nice panning effects, A little Bass shy. The SACD is well OOP so this is your cheap option. And yes the track order is different from the SACD.

It appears to be quadraphonic. Nothing out of the center channel. But very good! Quad effects are good, it is not a passive album. But it is not overdone either. The music is very good, a quality performance. It has male and female vocalists, the sound is professional. It's good prog rock. I am writing this and I have not even heard it all, but I have that much confidence that the rest will be just as good. It's in DTS.

The Quadfather

Just arrived in the mail. Looking forward to this one :)

I gave this a very quick spin before I ran out again and there's definitely centre channel activity.

there's female lead vocal isolated in the centre on the first track, track 2 has both male and female vocals hard in the centre, track 3 has (rather beautiful) lead female vocals in the centre channel, etc..

overall the surround mix is excellent (from what I've heard so far) and I really really like the music.

shame it defaults to the Dolby Digital stream on startup.. but the DTS sounds as good as it gets.
I think I'm going to have to track down the SACD.. :eek:

is there a QQ Poll for this DTS version? I can't find one.

Back