Quad LP/Tape Poll Mothers, The - Over-Nite Sensation [CD-4/Q8/QR]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the Quadraphonic release of the The Mothers - Over-Nite Sensation [CD-4/Q8/Q4]

• 9 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 -

• 6 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2-

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 4 Channel release from (Frank Zappa and) The Mothers, "Over-Nite Sensation", released on Frank's own "DiscReet" label, distributed by Warner Brothers as a CD-4 Quadradisc. It was also available on Q8 and Q4 tape.

DiscReet MS4-2149 [CD-4] L9B-2149 [Q8] DISQ-2149-QF [QR]

mother.JPG
400mothers.jpg
Mothers Q8.jpg
ZAPA4.jpg

Side 1
  1. Camarillo Brillo
  2. I'm The Slime
  3. Dirty Love
  4. Fifty-Fifty

Side 2
  1. Zomby Woof
  2. Dinah-Moe Humm
  3. Montana

Quad Linda

Staff member
It's great! One of my most fave Quads and Zappa albums. 10 for the mix, 9 for the music. Call it 10.

A great mix. There's a lot going on here. Not lots of fancy engineering tricks, just a good solid "Discreet" mix.

Musically, it is both one of Zappa's more commercial albums and one of his best. 5 of 7 tracks are absolutely stellar. Dinah-Moe Humm and Montana are among the best tracks he ever did.

My first copy was Q8. I don't like the WB gray cartridges having no picture on the cartridge itself. The artwork is only on the wrap around. Small bitch, I guess. As soon as I upgraded to CD-4, I rebought it. Bought it a third time on Ryko CD.

Zappa told the tale of some joker at his concert yelling a request, "play Whippin' Floss." The guy must thought he was at a Frank Allman concert.

YOU NEED IT!!