RIP Leslie West (Mountain)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Mountain so much... They were a big part of the soundtrack of my adolescence, and they still sound great to me. Nantucket Sleighride and Leslie's Mountain are favorites for this time of year, I was blasting them in the car just last week.

Since hearing of Leslie's passing, I've been looking up a few videos and reading interviews. He was a regular guy with a broke-the-mold unique style, who clearly, absolutely loved what he was doing. Cheers, Leslie.

Yes! The guy had absolutely monstrous tone. Nothing quite like it before or since.

"Theme For An Imaginary Western" is as good as it gets. I always admired how they could take Jack Bruce's masterpiece and make it even heavier and more electric, yet still retain the cinematic vibe of the original.

Climbing was one of those albums that didn't have an ounce of filler in it. To this day, Mississippi Queen is one of my all time favorite rockers and it's hard to believe it was done 50 years ago! And although I've seen Mountain twice, unfortunately both times were post Felix, so a big part of the equation was missing. 😞

Back