Movie Box 1981-2007 (5DVD Box Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I just came across this, Genesis - Movie Box 1981-2007 (5DVD Box Set), which is released on 6th November. SpinCDs have it for £49.99 https://www.spincds.com/o-bango-vinyl-lp-47279

The five DVD box-set, with new 2009 5.1 DTS and Dolby Digital sound mixes, makes available on DVD for the very first time The Mama Tour and Three Sides Live. The full box includes:Three Sides Live--the concert film shot in the US and released in tandem with the live album of the same title, which charted in the top ten on both sides of the Atlantic in 1982. Contains extra full length tracks in 5.1 Audio only.Genesis Live – The Mama Tour--filmed in 1984 at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, and featuring the band performing material from the chart-topping Genesis album. Also featuring "The Making of The Mama Album" a home video filmed by Phil Collinsduring the making of the Genesis album.Genesis Live At Wembley Stadium--shot during the group’s record-breaking run of four sold-out concerts in July 1987, at the height of their popularity following the release of the number one album Invisible Touch. The DVD also features the tour documentary entitled "Visible Touch".Genesis: The Way We Walk – Live In Concert--filmed in 1992 at London’s Earls Court Exhibition Centre, and issued alongside the top three albums The Way We Walk Volume One: the Shorts and Volume Two: the Longs.Bonus material alongside the Mama Documentary comes in the shape of the updated 2009 version of VH1 Behind The Music special about the band. The original version aired in December 1999.The box-set is designed so that fans of the group can insert into the packaging the two concert discs from When In Rome 2007 as well as the attendant documentary Come Rain Or Shine disc, filmed during their recent reunion tour.

Format: Box set, PAL
Language: English
Region: Region 2 (This DVD may not be viewable outside Europe)
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 - 1.33:1
Number of discs: 5
Classification: Exempt
Studio: Virgin Catalogue
Run Time: 525 minutes

It looks like it's just a reissue of the exact same DVD set released in 2009, not to mention that "Three Sides Live" was given a Blu-Ray release last year.
I wish the others would be released on Blu-Ray, especially the wonderful "When In Rome" film from their 2007 reunion tour.

It looks like it's just a reissue of the exact same DVD set released in 2009, not to mention that "Three Sides Live" was given a Blu-Ray release last year.
I wish the others would be released on Blu-Ray, especially the wonderful "When In Rome" film from their 2007 reunion tour.

I had wondered, I don't buy that many concert DVD/BD I find I don't watch them as often as I would listen to the same live album on audio discs. Probably as I work from home a couple of days a week, so I will usually listen to music whilst working, I can't look at a TV and work on my laptop!

Well spotted..I really did NOT remember it being there!!!..weird!!!
Maybe it was because I used to listen to the SACD and basically never played the DVD....

Well spotted..I really did NOT remember it being there!!!..weird!!!
Maybe it was because I used to listen to the SACD and basically never played the DVD....

There's lots of good stuff on those DVDs, especially the ones in the 1970-1975 box set. The DVD for The Lamb is my favorite with the synced slideshow and the 50 min interview, however all of the interviews in that box set are over 30 mins long and are well-worth watching as they contain lots of great insight from the band members. :)

There's lots of good stuff on those DVDs, especially the ones in the 1970-1975 box set. The DVD for The Lamb is my favorite with the synced slideshow and the 50 min interview, however all of the interviews in that box set are over 30 mins long and are well-worth watching as they contain lots of great insight from the band members. :)

Agreed, the extras are excellent. And I've always said that the 5.1's are a nicer listen on the dvds, as opposed to the lossless sacds. They don't sound as harsh.

Oh, heck yeah. the Lamb was the only one I watch on DVD instead of the SACD..I also discovered the "Genesis In Concert" with Bill Bruford on the "Trick of the tail" DVD (I saw that at the movie theater when I was at Temple in 1982!!!)..
The interviews are very interesting, but I just cant STAND Tony Banks...like I say , he has never done anything to me personally, but I really can't stomach him!!!!! Maybe it's his "higher than thou pr*ck attitude...BTW, the only time I ever saw Genesis (Mama tour in Philly in 1983), HE was the ONLY one who made a HUGE mistake during "In the Cage"...so much for "holier than thou"...

Back