Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one will probably just fly under everyone’s radar, but I’d be remiss not to mention old Tora-san. These films are much beloved here. The world of the famous director Ozu Yasujiro permeates this series.

Last edited:
Friends FOREVER now streaming on Amazon PRIME. A lovely World War II flick which is heartwarmingly poignant starring two incredible teenage actors caught up in impossible circumstances

See the source image

See the source image

Great idea for a thread! Rewatchability is the key component in what makes a movie a favourite. I have many but some are just under the "5 times" threshold so here are a few high numbers just off the top of my noggin:

Spielberg's Duel
The Swimmer
The Shining
Full Metal Jacket
Barry Lyndon
Deliverance
The Deer Hunter
Apocalypse Now
Leon/The Professional
Heat
Alien
Blade Runner
Legend
Aliens
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Thin Red Line
Grosse Point Blank
Sicario
Drive
Office Space

Others like Star Wars, I've seen more than the rest but have no immediate desire to see again. I haven't watched any of the first 6 Star Wars movies since before Blu-ray was a thing. Might check them out again once they're out on 4K perhaps.
Love The Swimmer!!!!

I think this thread has turned into a "Name a great movie to watch" instead of "What had you watched 5 times and would still watch".

Still, it's a fun thread. Learning something new every page

I dunno, boss man. I've watched Vanishing Point 5-10 times a year over the last 20 years. I love the message the movie has. It sort of parallels my own life in that no matter how hard I try, I still fail. But in the end, when the world has gone to shit, I am still the master of my own destiny and no matter how hard they try, no man can deny me my eternal freedom or my soul.

For what appears to be just another 70's car chase movie, it is surprisingly deep in subtext. You have to watch the UK version where there's an additional 7 minutes where Charlotte Rampling plays a hitch-hiker who is, well, to me anyway; a very clear allegory for Death.

I dunno, boss man. I've watched Vanishing Point 5-10 times a year over the last 20 years. I love the message the movie has. It sort of parallels my own life in that no matter how hard I try, I still fail. But in the end, when the world has gone to shit, I am still the master of my own destiny and no matter how hard they try, no man can deny me my eternal freedom or my soul.

For what appears to be just another 70's car chase movie, it is surprisingly deep in subtext. You have to watch the UK version where there's an additional 7 minutes where Charlotte Rampling plays a hitch-hiker who is, well, to me anyway; a very clear allegory for Death.

I love "Vanishing Point". My dad had a 71 Challenger. How could I not like it? :)

This is my best friend's favorite movie of all time.
Never heard of the Charlotte Rampling scene, thanks for mentioning it.
Love her in many films.
Found the clip on YT:

Airplane 1 & 2
Naked Gun
Aliens
Predator
Star Wars 4-6
Indiana Jones and Last Crusade
Being John Malkovich
Dirty Harry Movies
Citizen Kane
Third Man