Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2001 - A Space Oddity

I saw it eight times the year it came out in the cinema - including two times in Cinerama.

I have probably seen it scores of times now - had copies on VHS, then DVD and now BluRay.

One of my all time favourite movies!!

I also agree about Clockwork Orange - the only time I ever walked off the street into a cinema while knowing nothing about the film I was going to see. Absolutely stunned. Again I have seen it dozens of times.

The music is such an important factor in these as well - and also the fact that Cinerama added superwide stereo sound with multiple speakers behind the screen....

Last edited:
In Bruges

The mixture of dark and comedy is perfect, I watch it at least once a year and still find different things in it, the star of the movie is Bruges itself and having been there a number of times I love playing the “I’ve been there” game at most of the scenes
Check out their new film together - The Banshees of Inisherin - I loved it

Casablanca
2001 a Space Odyssey
Le Mans
Grand Prix
Jeremiah Johnson
Dr. Zhivago
Gone With the Wind
Music Man
South Pacific
Shane (it was my dad’s favorite movie, and I like it a lot, too)
Forbidden Planet

The Shawshank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan
Star Trek II-Khan
Groundhog Day
Christmas Vacation
The Longest Day
The Searchers
The Silence of the Lambs
Lawrence of Arabia
Road House
Psycho
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Unforgiven
Red River
Reservoir Dogs
Dances With Wolves
Das Boot

That would be two of us. I just watched the 4k of ACO for the first time in years on Wednesday and am still thinking about it.
P.S.: Interesting comparison of the X and R rated versions. Looks like the MPAA was just being stupid again, at least about ACO. They had a bit more of a point in relation to EWS.

With the recent death of Leon Vitali, I wonder if those of us who never got to see the premiere cut of 2001 might finally have a chance.

Dr Strangelove
Barry Lyndon
Clockwork Orange
The Killing

Yes, I'm a fan of Mr. Kubrick
I'm with you. Maybe just my opinion but I feel like he has the best track record in film and once a year, I have a Kubrick film festival where I watch them all in order from Killer's Kiss onwards. Not in one sitting... at least not yet.
And I don't include AI as a Kubrick movie because Speilberg ruined it.
Yes, I am an anti-fan of Speilberg.

Commando, 100+ times as a child, now once a year.
The Last Boy Scout
Dr. No
Vertigo
The Silence of the Lambs
Where Eagles Dare
The Fugitive

Last edited:
The only movie I have seen about 5 times (I can't remember) is Psycho. I must have seen some Woody Allen, David Lynch, Alfred Hitchcock, Jim Jarmusch, Stanley Kubrick, and Tarantino 3 or 4 times. Unfortunately, there are some movies I have seen one time that are not available on cable anymore that I would have watched again.

I have simple tastes ( in movies anyway)
Papillon
One flew over the cuckoos nest.
I went to see One flew over the cuckoos nest 5 times in the cinema when it came out, since bought it on vhs, dvd and blu ray, the greatest movie of all time for me and nothing comes close. I love watching it with someone seeing it for the first time and getting their reaction

Back