Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A GREAT MODERN NOIR CLASSIC!

See the source image

13 (2011)

A remake of the 2005 Georgian/French film “13 Tzameti” . This gruesome story of Russian Roulette has a quiet, dark mood and the perfect cast for it...Sam Riley, Jason Statham, Michael Shannon and even the small roles by Mickey Rourke and Ben Gazzara are superbly performed.

Last edited:
The Long Riders ~1980~ directed by Walter Hill

One of the best westerns ever, the story of the Jesse James - Cole Younger gang.

Featuring the three Carradine brothers (as the Youngers), and a pair each of Keaches (James boys), Quaids (Millers) and Christopher Guest and his brother Nicholas (as Charley and the dirty back-shooting coward Bob Ford).

Soundtrack by Ry Cooder with David Lindley.

MV5BYjIwZjU1ZjQtMDllNy00OTUyLTkxMTEtNDRiNzU5ZDg0Yjc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BNWUzMGE3MDctMjdjNi00ZjQ1LTg0ZWQtZWMzYjA0NGY4NGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTU3MTY2Mg@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,665,1000_AL_.jpg

my other favorite "climbing" movie:

View attachment 48713

Yeah, I like that one a lot, too. Clint playing a college lecturer, assassin and mountaineer all in one film. What a guy! ;) (y) And he certainly has been fortunate with film scores. John Williams provides a lovely groove to this one.

Here are some other films about plane crashes and mountains:

Spencer Tracy being his usual intense self in...

The Mountain (1956)

And an “on the edge“ scene from...

Alive (1993)

And this one was a good adventure, too.

The Edge (1997)

Last edited:
18-inch Cerwin-Vega speakers in folded-horn cabinets trucked to the theaters along with the film reels.
The original subwoofers.

I can remember seeing Midway, Earthquake and Rollercoaster in theatres in Sensurround.
Midway was the best film of the 3, with Rollercoaster being the worst.
Sensurround was impressive in Midway.

Back