Movies you've seen over 5 times and will watch again

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many great movies .... so little time
The big five Universal horror movies for me:
Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
Frankenstein (Boris Karloff)
The Mummy (Karloff again)
The Invisible Man (Claude Rains)
The Wolf Man (Lon Chaney Jr.)
Honorable mention: The Black Cat (Karloff and Lugosi)
It all goes back to Shock Theater on Saturday nights in Chicago.

So many great movies .... so little time
The big five Universal horror movies for me:
Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
Frankenstein (Boris Karloff)
The Mummy (Karloff again)
The Invisible Man (Claude Rains)
The Wolf Man (Lon Chaney Jr.)
Honorable mention: The Black Cat (Karloff and Lugosi)
It all goes back to Shock Theater on Saturday nights in Chicago.
Got it dude. I'm 6 years old watching most of these on 12" B&W tv on the kitchen table with my dad. Our local show was " Chiller" with your host Gregory Graves.

Got it dude. I'm 6 years old watching most of these on 12" B&W tv on the kitchen table with my dad. Our local show was " Chiller" with your host Gregory Graves.
What a great BLAST from the past! For me, it was Creature Features on WGN in Chicago! Fifty years ago, I would have been watching Bride of Frankenstein at this time!
http://wgncreaturefeatures.tvheaven.com/cfmainmenu.html
1601179513175.png

Wow.....really!? You're only 6 yrs old LMAO
Yup really. 5 yrs old seeing Forbidden Planet in a theater & a couple of years Later 7th Voyage of Sinbad on the big screen. Stuff like this was an integral part of my early formative years which probably explains so much...

Later on I would buy some of these films to enjoy on the family home projector. I still have a few:

MOVIES 2.jpg

As I got older and horror movies got more extreme & graphical it seemed to loose some of the fantastical aspect that appealed to me as a kid. They seemed to be more like adaptations of real horrors people were doing to people & so that's a long gone genre for me. Still, good memories of good times.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but never got into it, even as a kid :cool:, but LOVED ....A Clockwork Orange :)

But without 2001......doubtful we'd have STAR WARS or all the other SW knockoffs.....did not like it when I first saw it but upon second viewing in a fantastic Manhattan Theater in 70mm with a stunning audio system ..... I actually CRIED AT THE END.

And yes, I am the sensitive type, MM.😩

And I'm sure a UHD4K remaster of Clockwork Orange is in the works ........

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but never got into it, even as a kid :cool:, but LOVED ....A Clockwork Orange :) even Eyes Wide Shut!

You guys are making me feel really old. I saw 2001 first run in my senior year of high school! I saw it with a few friends. When it was over, walking to the car we were almost silent. I felt like I had seen something profoundly creative, profoundly meta, & profoundly over my head. I know the screenplay was based on a short story or novel. But after the movie the published a novel based on the screenplay. Put 'em together I got it, & I loved it.

Clockwork Orange. Seen that more than 5 times. My favorite feel good movie.

“What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels’ trumpets and devils’ trombones. You are invited!”

Back