MPEG-H/360 RA Player app for Android TV " iRZ MPEG-H Player "

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanesco

Hi there!

Just want to let you know that an app exist that can bitstream MPEG-H audio from
a NVIDIA SHIELD to an AVR with MPEG-H decoding, like the new Marantz Cinema 50 etc..

Search for "iRZ MPEG-H Player".

At the moment it is only possible to "stream" mpeg-h from webserver with json config file. This is what I got from the developer of the app:

The current version of our MPEG-H player in Google Play allows the customer-encoded MPEG-H content playback (MP4, DASH, HLS) only from a web server.

Following steps needs to be done to add a remote “media source” to the app:

1. publish your content on your preferred web space

2. create your own “media source” configuration file. Attached pls find an example. It’s a simple JSON file containing description of the media items and grouping of the media items (see JSON minimal example in the attached pdf). The URLs in the config shall be absolute URLs.

3. publish the created “media source” configuration file on your web space (most probably in the same location as your content)

4. add a new “media source” to the app setting.

Instead of a web server in internet you can also:

- setup a local web server e.g. using “xampp” (XAMPP Installers and Downloads for Apache Friends)

- install and run a local web server on your Android TV device, e.g. “simple HTTP server” (Simple HTTP Server - Apps on Google Play)

We know that the described handling is not user-friendly and more suitable for an advanced User, therefore we’re working already to enable the local file playback support directly from the app.

I tried pasting the content of my JSON file but it looks ugly in here. I also have guide on how to configure it in pdf.
see the attachment

Attachments

• iRZ_MPEG-H_Player__MediaSource.pdf
    252.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
good and bad news in one :ROFLMAO:

have you managed to play some TIDAL/Amazon music tracks? this is in imho the only usecase

I still need to figure out how to rip the 360RA music from Tidal. I have Tidal Master subscribtion. And it looks like the 360RA music must somehow converted to MPEG-H mp4 fileformat

i had also a chat with marantz support and they told me that :

Hallo Herr xxxx,

Um 360RA/MPEG-H-Audio über TIDAL oder Amazon Music abzuspielen, benötigen Sie einen Chromecast mit Google TV-Gerät. Dieses Gerät kann 360 Reality Audio und MPEG-H-Audioformate unterstützen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Ihr Denon Support-Team
Hello Mr. xxxx,

To play 360RA/MPEG-H audio via TIDAL or Amazon Music, you need a Chromecast with Google TV device. This device can support 360 Reality Audio and MPEG-H audio formats.

Sincerely yours,
Your Denon Support Team

but unfortunally i have not managed it to play 360RA via Tidal/Amazon Music…

It is also not possible to play the demo files in the app you mentioned via the Chromecast. On my ShieldTV Pro 2019 it also works fine.

I still need to figure out how to rip the 360RA music from Tidal. I have Tidal Master subscribtion. And it looks like the 360RA music must somehow converted to MPEG-H mp4 fileformat
that’s another point.

the crux is, that it should be supported via chromecast protocol, but this is also not working…

that’s another point.

the crux is, that it should be supported via chromecast protocol, but this is also not working…
Exactly ChromeCast 360RA casting from Tidal does not work. I have Marantz support staff on this matter. They are still working on it, and is waiting from response from their developer team.

Exactly ChromeCast 360RA casting from Tidal does not work. I have Marantz support staff on this matter. They are still working on it, and is waiting from response from their developer team.
yeah, i also had a call with them and they said it will be reported to their developers.
i had also a call to google, but they are not able to give support if their stick is connected to third party hardware like an avr. really dumb. The guy said he can only give me support if play the audio via my TV haha… Maybe just a lazy support guy. maybe give it a try another day
i also had a call to amazon support, they said they give feedback to their developers. if this is true idk.

the question for me is, why the hell do they promote it! i would expect that they (Denon/Marantz) test it :D

yeah, i also had a call with them and they said it will be reported to their developers.
i had also a call to google, but they are not able to give support if their stick is connected to third party hardware like an avr. really dumb. The guy said he can only give me support if play the audio via my TV haha… Maybe just a lazy support guy. maybe give it a try another day
i also had a call to amazon support, they said they give feedback to their developers. if this is true idk.

the question for me is, why the hell do they promote it! i would expect that they (Denon/Marantz) test it :D
Yes exaxtly. I'm in the same boat as you.
I have sales material from Sound United advertising the MPEG-H/360RA over ChromeCast feature pretty heavily. I have a screen shot of it working. See the red box.
5.png

supposedly, the Amazon FireTV Cube (3rd Gen) should also work, marantz ans Amazon support told me that me. but 150 bucks only for 360RA is a bit overpriced for me…

Last edited:
but 150 bucks only for 360RA is a bit overpriced for me…

You could also install Kodi (free) media player software and play all your media files in surround/Atmos/4K/1080p over your home network or from a USB drive

You could also install Kodi (free) media player software and play all your media files in surround/Atmos/4K/1080p over your home network or from a USB drive
Kodi doesnt decode mpeh-h mp4. Kodi was the first I checked that

I have already a ShieldTV Pro 2019 for all my multichannel stuff , but thanks for the tip (y)

Kodi doesnt decode mpeh-h mp4. Kodi was the first I checked that
Yeah… would be nice if this would work, then it would be possible to use the TIDAL Plugin for 360RA

I wrote to Frauhofer IIS the developer of MPEG-H. They responded and told me about this app
Haha yeah, really cool guys there. My Mch Music addition started back in 2016 in their Cinema with Hotel California in 5.1:LB

Back