Mr. Afternoon - athaza - 5.1 ambient/avant-garde EP (24/96 FLAC)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Afternoon

Mixing Engineer & Artist
Hey, is this the next album?
No. Sorry. :(

The Bandcamp description sums up this release pretty nicely. Decided to pop this up 1 day earlier because why not? I get impatient as a surround fan and I'm sure many of you do as well.

Feedback on the mix is appreciated 👍
If one of you REALLY needs this on some sort of physical media I can send a barebones dvd-audio on a shoddy DVD-R but it's 2023 surely you guys can play flac

Last edited:
Hey, is this the next album?
No. Sorry. :(

The Bandcamp description sums up this release pretty nicely. Decided to pop this up 1 day earlier because why not? I get impatient as a surround fan and I'm sure many of you do as well.

Feedback on the mix is appreciated 👍
If one of you REALLY needs this on some sort of physical media I can send a barebones dvd-audio on a shoddy DVD-R but it's 2023 surely you guys can play flac

FUN! 👀

Awesome Mr. A., I did think there for a minute my audio gear had a major fritz attack! Will be glad to purchase the whole project - Thanks!

To the one person who downloaded this, I'm pretty sure you're on QQ. Don't wanna bump this thread, but hit me with some feedback! I was trying some new mixing techniques on this song.

Well I'll bump anyway. I thought it was quite interesting and enjoyable. I just wish it was longer! I always enjoy the sax, my friend.
Besides, the price was right! lol.
Sorry I did not see this sooner! I don't have it super fresh in my mind as I have listened to a lot of music in the last few days!
Keep on keepin' on.

I'll give another listen soon and try to give a more coherent view.

Very airy...I like that. No matter what elements come and go there's something anchored up front...though sounds like some spread across.
Love the sax, as I said.
More right rear - centric I think in passages, but that's alright. It blends back and forth from the fronts well. The sax does move around a bit to great effect and I hear it move to the Ls and back to front.
Did you do the vocals? The style fits the music well I thought. The deeper elements and the bass in Pt. II? are a nice underscore for the theme.
Not a fan of the scratchy sound effect, but it is what it is. Otherwise you don't need to fill every space, which is no crime, as Miles said in some way once. Let it breathe.
I'm glad I bought it. It's in my collection to stay.
Keep on keepin' on @Mr. Afternoon. Keep experimenting.

Very airy...I like that. No matter what elements come and go there's something anchored up front...though sounds like some spread across.
Love the sax, as I said.
More right rear - centric I think in passages, but that's alright. It blends back and forth from the fronts well. The sax does move around a bit to great effect and I hear it move to the Ls and back to front.
Did you do the vocals? The style fits the music well I thought. The deeper elements and the bass in Pt. II? are a nice underscore for the theme.
Not a fan of the scratchy sound effect, but it is what it is. Otherwise you don't need to fill every space, which is no crime, as Miles said in some way once. Let it breathe.
I'm glad I bought it. It's in my collection to stay.
Keep on keepin' on @Mr. Afternoon. Keep experimenting.
Thanks for the feedback! It's very helpful! :D

Back