Mr. Afternoon - The Golden Bonana - new 5.1 fusion jazz album [Pre-order] (24/48 MLP/DD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No 8 here.
This arrived today and it got here quicker than some of our own mail, posted in the UK!!

What a unique release this is. As Jon has already stated, it has so many plus points going for it. Is this really a first release?
I like the additional tracks, for instance, the commentary on how the different tracks were constructed, is a good insight into Mr Afternoons thinking.
Mr Afternoon, you have set the bar very high and it will be interesting to see how you develop your skills over the coming months and years.
And thanks for your help... :QQlove

No 8 here.
This arrived today and it got here quicker than some of our own mail, posted in the UK!!

What a unique release this is. As Jon has already stated, it has so many plus points going for it. Is this really a first release?
I like the additional tracks, for instance, the commentary on how the different tracks were constructed, is a good insight into Mr Afternoons thinking.
Mr Afternoon, you have set the bar very high and it will be interesting to see how you develop your skills over the coming months and years.
And thanks for your help... :QQlove
No. 16 arrived down in deepest Devon in the UK this morning, a fast flight over the pond!

BTW Nos. 8 and 16, NO INDIGENOUS GORILLAS WERE HARMED [BUT RATHER, CHARMED] DURING THIS RECORDING PROCESS

~No. 3

My copy (#15) arrived safely yesterday! I have only had a chance to sample a few tracks, but I'm really digging what I have heard so far. Great mix and cool music. Can't wait to explore this disc further. Thank you, @Mr. Afternoon !!

You sure about your number?
313EA767-49D0-4FF0-A492-735A68CBC3FC.jpeg

Great stuff. Listened late last night with the lights off.

Andy

I spent some time last night enjoying the extensive "making of" commentary on the disc. Mr. Afternoon sounds very relaxed & makes a good presentation. Much is said about both the technical & creative side. Highly recommend.

Some oddities... there is so much reverb in the dialogue I turned my rear chs all the way down as it obscured the clarity. And there was still a bunch of reverb. Also on the CD my Oppo finds the album art & track listings. But on the Blu-ray there is only the 1st page menu selection and after that nothing. Just the big 'ol Oppo Blu-ray logo. It would be nice to improve on this next project.

But dispite all the info on the creation I don't think it mentioned a point that's driving me crazy. Was that a real sax or synth? I'm thinking the latter.

I spent some time last night enjoying the extensive "making of" commentary on the disc. Mr. Afternoon sounds very relaxed & makes a good presentation. Much is said about both the technical & creative side. Highly recommend.

Some oddities... there is so much reverb in the dialogue I turned my rear chs all the way down as it obscured the clarity. And there was still a bunch of reverb. Also on the CD my Oppo finds the album art & track listings. But on the Blu-ray there is only the 1st page menu selection and after that nothing. Just the big 'ol Oppo Blu-ray logo. It would be nice to improve on this next project.

But dispite all the info on the creation I don't think it mentioned a point that's driving me crazy. Was that a real sax or synth? I'm thinking the latter.
He plays Sax Wizzy.

He also said he doesn't have full authoring rights yet, for the DVD audio program, hence the title problem, which I also have.

Unfortunately, the Sony X800 range will not play this disc.

So yeah a few things to iron out.

But got to give credit where credit is due.

He gets surround and is not afraid to experiment.

He also said he doesn't have full authoring rights yet, for the DVD audio program, hence the title problem, which I also have.
It's actually not the rights per se, I just don't have access to discWelder cause it's super expensive and seems to not be purchasable anywhere. I can completely author Blu-ray's without issues tho so I'm thinking that's where I wanna go for my next release.

Back