Mr. Afternoon - The Golden Bonana - new 5.1 fusion jazz album [Pre-order] (24/48 MLP/DD)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Haha you are so right! I have several of 1st issue Denny records that belonged to my parents. As a kid this stuff really seemed so imaginative compared to popular AM radio of that time. It definitely helped shape my musical interests.
I always tell everyone I grew up IN REVERSE musically ...... LOVED this album along with Sinatra, Bennett, Nat King Cole and of course ELLA and then gradually matriculated into Rock 'n Roll.

No Regrets, BTW!

Quiet Village would sound AWESOME in Surround!🏖

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I always tell everyone I grew up IN REVERSE musically ...... LOVED this album along with Sinatra, Bennett, Nat King Cole and of course ELLA and then gradually matriculated into Rock 'n Roll.

No Regrets, BTW!

Quiet Village would sound AWESOME in Surround!🏖
Oh, I imagine anything by Martin Denny is as mono as mono can get. It would be amazing for @Mr. Afternoon to recreate this classic in surround. Just sayin'....
Just sayin' that I would buy it!

4_everyman

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
BTW, AmazonUS carries this Martin Denny two fer for under $14 including The Enchanted Sea

This is one of the things I love most about QQ...posts like this remind me of albums in my collection that I have not listened to in far too many years.
Thanks, folks! (y)

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
BTW, AmazonUS carries this Martin Denny two fer for under $14 including The Enchanted Sea

Purchased! Thanks!! Now I will wait & see if Denny or Bonanna shows up first.

I've got my parents original albums of Quiet Village, Exotica, & Enchanted Sea. I may have to add some ticks & noise to the CD tracks for listening familiarity. I can't tell if all of Quiet Village is in stereo or if just a single release was.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Yep, Mr. Afternoon, received my email from Bandcamp as well. Sez: A shipment of golden tree ripe bananas hand picked by exotic monkeys is enroute to your address and should arrive by August 16th:

Last edited:

Mr. Afternoon

The Only Surround Astronaut
FYI I received two separate e mails with notification of two separate tracking numbers based on one identical order number. Just wanna make sure you didn't send out two items for one order.
The latest email is the right one: I had mistakenly typed the wrong number.

mrcond

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Just received mine today. Can't wait to give it a listen. Nice job with the CD case insert. Love that the DVD-Audio includes both hi-res stereo and 5.1 along with "Brainstorms and Demos" in both stereo and surround, plus a whole bunch of commentary. If only the major artists could include so much for so little!

P.S. Where bonana? ;)

Mr. Afternoon

The Only Surround Astronaut
Just received mine today. Can't wait to give it a listen. Nice job with the CD case insert. Love that the DVD-Audio includes both hi-res stereo and 5.1 along with "Brainstorms and Demos" in both stereo and surround, plus a whole bunch of commentary. If only the major artists could include so much for so little!

P.S. Where bonana? ;)
Thanks for the comments! We got the poll open too so once you're done listening feel free to vote there lol.

P.S. :SB