Mr. Afternoon - The Golden Bonana - new 5.1 fusion jazz album [Pre-order] (24/48 MLP/DD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Afternoon

Mixing Engineer & Artist
Hey guys! I've been lurking for a while but now that I'm finally making and releasing music of my own, I thought I'd make an account and share.
I have a planned release date of 7/7 and am going to be releasing on DVD-Audio/CD.

If anyone wants to hear samples of the 5.1 mix, I would be willing to DM.

https://mrafternoon.bandcamp.com/album/the-golden-bonana
download (11)-min.png

(fun little trailer i made for it)

Attachments

• 1620672244885.png
    1620672244885.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 106
Welcome to the forum! I really enjoyed the opening track as well, and the waveform picture indicates that you've made heavy use of the rear channels. I'm curious what software you used to author the DVD-A? I was under the impression that Minnetonka DiscWelder and Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo were no longer available.

I don't want to speak incorrectly, but if I understand Bandcamp site, the CD/DVD is just a set of 50 units. Better grab them quick, I'd say. Now, if I'm wrong...well....
Eeeyup! It's my first time releasing something in surround (whatever work I've done previously is private for the time being) so I want to do a small quantity!

Reactions: GOS
Welcome to the forum! I really enjoyed the opening track as well, and the waveform picture indicates that you've made heavy use of the rear channels. I'm curious what software you used to author the DVD-A? I was under the impression that Minnetonka DiscWelder and Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo were no longer available.
There is actually open-source freeware to author DVD-Audio images.

A very nice surprise to find, after logging on this evening.
Another member added to your audience!!
As I've pre-ordered too.

You might want to think about getting some more copies made....
I basically make sure to design all my works for 5.1 surround.
If these 50 copies get sold out within 2 weeks I will definitely do it. Right now I have 8 pre-orders made for it which is more than I have ever sold. LOL.
Still wondering how to promote the darn thing since I don't have social media.

Last edited:
I basically make sure to design all my works for 5.1 surround.
If these 50 copies get sold out within 2 weeks I will definitely do it. Right now I have 8 pre-orders made for it which is more than I have ever sold. LOL.
Still wondering how to promote the darn thing since I don't have social media.

QQ Forum is definitely a great place to start but unfortunately a lot of its posters prefer Rock/POP. But as word of mouth spreads and the fact your album is discrete may sway more members who appreciate jazz fusion to take the plunge.

Best of Luck!

QQ Forum is definitely a great place to start but unfortunately a lot of its posters prefer Rock/POP. But as word of mouth spreads and the fact your album is discrete may sway more members who appreciate jazz fusion to take the plunge.

Best of Luck!
Ironically I have been working on a pop/alternative project but that's later down the line.

Back