Mr. Big "Mr. Big" - 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes now available as hi-res downloads!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjcorne

Staff member
Same production team as Lean Into It, mixed by Chris Bell and mastered by Michael Romanowski. The 5.1 mix (same as what's on the SACD) is again a tweaked downmix of the Atmos, but from the original PCM source rather than a DSD conversion. The download also includes two additional songs, “Next Time Around” and “Want To Be Wanted", in 5.1 & Atmos.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/mr-big-2023-remastered-mr-big-5-1-flac-dolby-atmos-mkv-mp4/https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/mr-big-mr-big-5-1-surround-sound-dolby-atmos/

I had preordered the sacd. It's not an album I particularly like so I'd rather spend less money on the download version and have both surround mixes.

Hopping soon will be available the last from Katatonia that I missed

Thank you, I got notice today from Amazon that my hard copy is delayed, so I just purchased this from IAA, Atmos MKV and 5.1.
Download process seemed a tiny bit better than previous.

@sjcorne Hi Jonathan, I spoke to soon on the download process. One song, Track 3 Merciless Atmos MKV, came up empty and saying I used all my 3 downloads. Can you point me in the right direction. All the other MKV and 5.1's are fine.
Also, is there a way to eliminate all downloads from my selection, once I am finished and all is tucked away in my NAS? It is a hassle wading through all the individual tracks when I don't need/want extra downloads any more.

What a joy this is so far! Unfortunately my Mac Mini-to-AVR setup doesn’t allow me to get any heights. (I really need to look into that.) But even with just the basic 7 surround speakers this is a fun listen.

I was so excited when this band came together, primarily of Sheehan and Gilbert. Enjoyed Sheehan in Talas and DLR, and Gilbert in Racer X.

Back then, I didn’t have any sort of special equipment. Later on most of my listening was through basic computer speakers (and CDs burned to 128 kbps MP3s). So today is the best I’ve ever been able to hear this album over 30 years after it first came out.

Very happy camper.

After a minor glitch with downloading this new release I listened to the ATMOS MKV download file that I purchased and completely kicks ass.

Today on my drive to the car show will listen to the 5.1 FLAC in the car, have no doubt I will be happy.

The hard copy will come from Amazon whenever I assume?

Great album, 5.1 mix is good. Rocks.

But the download is a real mess. There is much space for improvement.
Download "all" did not work correctly and so on. Finally I made it. And enjoy the music.

Thanks anyway.

I’m thrilled that IAA offers these downloads. The transactional process needs some work no doubt. I would note that any issues are quickly resolved. I’ll continue to support and hopefully continued success will result in a more robust “back room.”

Thanks to the people involved for making this available as a download. I just downloaded both the first album and Lean Into It. I made the mistake to go "Download all" and that did not work very well, and now I have used up 2 out of 3 downloads for 30% of the tracks as I had to download the missing individual tracks "again" but it took a while to wade through which ones I was missing. I will definitely download each track separately next time I buy from this website as it will be a time saver. That said, this will be a treat to listen to I am sure and I hope more releases like this will follow! :)

Can I ask a dumb question that I am sure has a complicated legitimate answer - I just like inside baseball stuff.

I fully realize that our desire for high resolution surround sound/Atmos content is a niche thing, so maybe I answered my own question, but here goes anyways - why is it such a tall order to get labels/artists/distributors (whoever handles these things) to offer high res Atmos downloads? Example - Van Morrison - Moondance. There's an opportunity for them to make money with almost zero investment. They've already mixed the album, put it on Apple Music/Tidal etc. It's already been concluded the effort to remix in Atmos worth it. So IAA contacts record label and says "hey, I have a website where I sell high resolution Atmos audio - Can I sell it?" What is the inside baseball explanation why it's not that simple? I mean - personally, having a physical disc to me means nothing. I rip the disc and throw it in a closet. I would gladly pay $30+ (or whatever the physical disc price is) for a high res Atmos download. I cannot be alone. Am I?

Back