Mr. Big's self-titled debut album to be released as multichannel SACD from Evosound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre~Ordered as well. Really looking forward to this one especially with the bonus track formerly only available in Japan..."Thirty Days in the Hole!"
Intriguing! My EU manufactured CD has it!
CCF_000591.jpg

Pre~Ordered as well. Really looking forward to this one especially with the bonus track formerly only available in Japan..."Thirty Days in the Hole!"
Intriguing! My EU manufactured CD has it!
View attachment 88146
As does my copy picked up at Benning when it was released.
There are 2 Japanese only demo tracks of two of the songs from a 2009 release.

I see that the release calls it previously only available in Japan. That isn't true and is simply bad copy.

Right, but I just don't trust it without further evidence. Anyone have contact info for the Lean Into It immersive mix engineer? Maybe @sjcorne?
It is curious that the Lean Into It SACD description clearly mentions a "multi-track mix in 5.1 sound" and this one doesn't. I've already written to Evosound asking for clarification.

I just noticed this in the description:

EvoXS has remastered Mr. Big's self-titled Mr. Big album to mark it's 34 years from release.

I like that. Not 30, not 35... 34, gosh darnit!

I think all bands should start doing 34th anniversary editions of important albums. Why make us wait for years that end in a 0 or 5?

Other albums due for a 34th anniversary edition:

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross (Oddly enough, that should come out in a box set this year with other Martin-era albums.)
Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels
Aerosmith - Pump
Rush - Presto
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time
Tin Machine - S/T
Kiss - Hot In The Shade (Probably their next box set... for $400 this time.)
In Step - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Why did we not get an expanded set of this album like we got with some of the others?)

...and many more.

Back