Mr. Big's self-titled debut album to be released as multichannel SACD from Evosound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed this in the description:

I like that. Not 30, not 35... 34, gosh darnit!

I think all bands should start doing 34th anniversary editions of important albums. Why make us wait for years that end in a 0 or 5?

Other albums due for a 34th anniversary edition:

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross (Oddly enough, that should come out in a box set this year with other Martin-era albums.)
Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels
Aerosmith - Pump
Rush - Presto
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time
Tin Machine - S/T
Kiss - Hot In The Shade (Probably their next box set... for $400 this time.)
In Step - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Why did we not get an expanded set of this album like we got with some of the others?)

...and many more.

I just want the Rush 34th Anniversary Presto Super Deluxe boxset. With 5.1 mix by Stephen W. Tayler

Though I feel it probably will have 5.1, I do agree with you. I mean, the photos may just be mock ups, I dunno. yeah, I'm a bit paranoid based on some prior things......
Gene, to be fair, AFAIK, EVOSOUND only erred when they said Bob James ONE was multichannel when it was indeed only Stereo [SACD]! 99% of their descriptions have been accurate and their mastering and packaging has always been top notch!

I just noticed this in the description:

I like that. Not 30, not 35... 34, gosh darnit!

I think all bands should start doing 34th anniversary editions of important albums. Why make us wait for years that end in a 0 or 5?

Other albums due for a 34th anniversary edition:

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross (Oddly enough, that should come out in a box set this year with other Martin-era albums.)
Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels
Aerosmith - Pump
Rush - Presto
Bonnie Raitt - Nick of Time
Tin Machine - S/T
Kiss - Hot In The Shade (Probably their next box set... for $400 this time.)
In Step - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Why did we not get an expanded set of this album like we got with some of the others?)

...and many more.
Steve Vai’s Flexable was remastered and rereleased a couple of years ago for its 36th Anniversary. The sleeve proudly displays this haha!! Maybe some in-joke from Stevie??

Well I've just tried to order from Evo88.com, and as last time it all goes wrong (that time took 3 attempts), this time it didn't recognise my password, asked for a reset, they sent an empty email but didn't send the reset code, can't re-enter details as the name/email/address is already on their system. 🥺

Looked at amazon.co.jp and you can find the album, but the MQA CD gives the SACD details, and the SACD gives the CD details, both have the same price, so which is which!
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/MR-BIG/dp/B0BV65QGP9/ref=tmm_acd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
And amazon.co.uk continues to not let me pre-order 🤬 Its only amazon.co.uk with the issue as well!

Plus, you can no longer email what is wrong, you have to talk to a chatbot or a human, neither have a clue how to fix it! As far as I can see its my name, as it isn't written in full, I used my initials so it matches my card, worked for years, 🤯 and as a matter of principal I won't now enter my full name!

Not on amazon.fr yet but I can pre-order from them (still I hope!).

I ordered from Amazon US. It shows the same picture as EVO does, so for now I will assume it will be the surround version.
Last time with Lean Into It I ordered from EVO as they also released a companion MQA disc with extra tracks for bass and guitar parts.
If they do that again, not interested.
Just hoping to get the regular ol surround disc.

I ordered from Amazon US. It shows the same picture as EVO does, so for now I will assume it will be the surround version.
Last time with Lean Into It I ordered from EVO as they also released a companion MQA disc with extra tracks for bass and guitar parts.
If they do that again, not interested.
Just hoping to get the regular ol surround disc.
Link to Amazon US: Mr. Big - Mr. Big @ $24.98

Back