Mtv Hd

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob R

Since 2002/2003
http://www.mhd.tv/

A newly found jewel on my Cox Cable guide (Channel 730).

Once upon a time there was this music channel which played non-stop music videos and live concerts. There were very few commercials and there were no V-jays or reality shows.

Well, they are back only this time in HD.

Some nice videos from the Cream 2005 DVD, Eagles - Live in Melbourne, and some new stuff I've got to check out. MTV concerts, unplugged, and good stuff for music lovers. I've got Alicia Keys - Unplugged lined up on the DVR.

All in HD format and glorious 2 ch sound (for me) - I'm assuming that the HD feed is DD MC, I'm just not setup for it.

I hope they don't muck this up too soon.

Check it out.

Very nice. Maybe this channel will get to DirectTV or Dish Network. Sounds like it just launched. Thanks for the info!

Directv will offer 70 HD channels MTV inc. by aug this year. I taled with them on sunday. they said it was just announced to them.

70?!?! That's moe than twice what is available to Dish subscribers. How do they plan on doing that without license to them? Will they just upconvert regular digital programming to 1080i?
Sounds a bit like wishful thinking on Direct's part, but I could be wrong.
Time will tell.

Lonster

Back