Multi-Channel Downloads from Linn Records Coming in 2019

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
Linn Records, the venerable Glasgow-based audiophile record label (linked to the venerable Glasgow-based audiophile turntable & component manufacturer), has a nice back catalogue of tasteful (if unadventurous, mix-wise) multi-channel SACDs, by the likes of jazz vocalists Ian Shaw and Claire Martin, guitarist Martin Taylor, and mallet percussionist Kuniko Kato. I recently went to their website in search of a particular disc, only to discover that they've transitioned to "Studio Master" downloads--and only in stereo. But in response to my query about multi-channel, I got this prompt reply:

At the moment all Studio Master files are stereo only. We will be introducing multi-channel Studio Master downloads next year though, so I hope that is good news for you.

I think it is!

Linn Records, the venerable Glasgow-based audiophile record label (linked to the venerable Glasgow-based audiophile turntable & component manufacturer), has a nice back catalogue of tasteful (if unadventurous, mix-wise) multi-channel SACDs, by the likes of jazz vocalists Ian Shaw and Claire Martin, guitarist Martin Taylor, and mallet percussionist Kuniko Kato. I recently went to their website in search of a particular disc, only to discover that they've transitioned to "Studio Master" downloads--and only in stereo. But in response to my query about multi-channel, I got this prompt reply:

I think it is!

I have quite a few of Linn's multichannel [and a few Stereo] SACDs. Some wonderful recordings but the rears are ambience only.

I have quite a few of Linn's multichannel [and a few Stereo] SACDs. Some wonderful recordings but the rears are ambience only.

I think that's mostly right. I only recently heard Kuniko Plays Reich, though--I forget who suggested it for the "Discrete Multi-Channel Classical" thread--and that one seems to be discrete.

Back