Multi-Channel Surround Music Wish List Continues

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jade Warrior, always enjoyed those dreamy soundscapes. Even when new age music became more common, they were still unique. Here's some:

Joe Jackson - Laughter & Lust
Jellyfish - Bellybutton
Jethro Tull - A
Eddie Jobson - Zinc

Bit of a coincidence with Eddie Jobson there. He was in Yes for about 15 minutes (long enough for one MTV video) and before that joined with Ian Anderson for what was to be an Ian solo project that turned into a Tull album. Try these:

Eddie Jobson - Theme of Secrets
Elton John - Captain Fantastic & Brown Dirt Cowboy
Wayne Johnson Trio - Keeping the Dream Alive
Howard Jones - Human's Lib

Any Elton John titles would be welcome, why wouldn't they put some on the fast track for release? Is that it? First format to put out the killer apps wins? Let's continue:

John Paul Jones - Zooma
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer
Khan - Space Shanty
King Crimson - Starless & Bible Black

Actually all King Crimson titles, this one was new when I got into them. Here's some others:

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon
King's X - Faith, Hope, Love
Mark King - Influences
Sonny Landreth - Outward Bound

Back home for a bit and enjoying the music! Question: So why is Sony willing to kiss our butts in data formats (including DVD-R & DVD-RW along with it's DVD+R & DVD+RW in one drive), but NOT in the audio arena? (by including DVD-A in a universal DVD/SACD player)

Geddy Lee - My Favorite Headache
Adrian Legg - Guitar For Mortals
Julian Lennon - Valotte (Phil Ramone)

That Sony crack might be seen as political, but I happen to wonder the same thing. Here's a few more:

Mallard - In A Different Climate
Michael Manring - Thonk
John Martyn - Grace and Danger

Regardless of format, let's have some new titles to get psyched about soon! Imagine these:

David Bowie - Low
Little Feat - Let It Roll
Love - Forever Changes

Multi-channel is so fun, why do the stereo freaks behave so threatened? Purists? More like elitists...Bring it on! Like these:

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Inner Mounting Flame
Led Zeppelin - Presence

Stereo was fine for the 20th century; want to stay there? Then pipe down and let us get on with the revolution. Let's have more titles:

Liquid Tension Experiment - s/t
Masters Of Reality - Sunrise on the Sufferbus
Medeski, Martin & Wood - Friday Afternoon in the Universe

I'd go broke happily; and what about these:

Merchants of Venus - s/t
Midnight Oil - Earth, Sun & Moon
Joni Mitchell - Hejira

I wonder if anybody knows Phil Collins was all over John Martyn's records as producer, drummer and backing vocalist? That was when Phil was a fiery player in the pre-crooner phase. Try these:

The Monkees - Pisces, Jones, Capricorn & Jones Ltd
The Moon & The Melodies - s/t
Morphine - Cure For Pain

Monkees, eh? Sure wish I could've seen one of their concerts where Hendrix opened... Some more:

Morrissey - Your Arsenal
Steve Morse - High Tension Wires
Niacin - High Bias

Yep, if there's one Niacin CD to get, High Bias is probably it. The newest one (Time Crunch) does contain nifty covers of Red (King Crimson) and Blue Wind (Jeff Beck) though. Ponder these:

The Origin - Bend
Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift
Shawn Phillips - Furthermore

That Shawn Phillips record has many of Elton John's bandmembers on it. Has it's moments...Try these titles:

Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder
Pizzicato Five - Sound of Music
Jean-Luc Ponty - A Taste For Passion

That's pretty eclectic, here's another group to ponder:

Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Photos Of Ghosts
Procol Harum - Exotic Birds & Fruit

Yup, I'm back -pneumonia really isn't much fun!:eek:
Ah well. Dreaming of Desert Island quad disks is it? Well, maybe if they could do them:

Present: Rick Wakeman & The English Chamber Choir: The Wizzard and the Forest of All Dreams

Current: Polly Jean Harvey: Stories from the City, Stories From the Sea

Vintage: Robert Fripp & Brian Eno: No Pussyfooting

Weirdness! :rollin:

Thanks for the great contributions; we both listed Love - Forever Changes too. I'm also hearing great things about the live shows Arthur Lee & group are doing right now...(2002-03)

Yes! Goldmine published a concert review a few months ago that really makes one sit up and take notice. After screwing up for a number of years, he's got it together and the classic material is getting it's due. That's great news for all...

Back