Multichannel & Stereo DSD Downloads On Sale at Acoustic Sounds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez web site is offering all of their music downloads for sale at 10% Off through April 3, 2015 using the offer code Sitewide.

The sale includes the Multichannel DSD Downloads of the Live "Blues Masters at the Crossroads" Concerts held last October in Kansas that were recorded in Multichannel & Stereo DSD by Gus Skinas from the Super Audio Center.
The pre-sale prices on those are $15 for Multichannel and $75 for a Boxed Set with all 130+ tracks in both Stereo and Multichannel DSD. Worth considering for Blues fans!

Super HiRez Sale - April 2015.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/c/394/DSD_Multichannel_2.8MHz/64fs_Download
http://store.acousticsounds.com/s/404

Acoustic Sounds looks like they discontinued selling DSD downloads. I had 8 albums in my cart on Thursday night, woke up Friday and turned on the computer to purchase and they were all removed! Ugg!

Acoustic Sounds looks like they discontinued selling DSD downloads. I had 8 albums in my cart on Thursday night, woke up Friday and turned on the computer to purchase and they were all removed! Ugg!

yes. I received an email from them about two weeks ago. they made a business decision to exit the download business. shut down at end of 2020

Ok, I never received an email saying they were going to end it. I wish I would have bought them Thursday night.😬 Thanks for confirming this. It’s too bad, they were a good source. Why do all good things go away?

The email advertising was a little hard to catch, as probably everyone got one with the 20% discount, but the closing DEc 31st was at the bottom and I sure missed it, another thread started last week (Owsley Stanley Foundation) enabled me to catch it and I was furtuanate to purchase all the Bear Sonic Journal recordings which are stellar.
I have looked at all the downloads I didn't have and just had to hold back, you can't have it all.
The biggest bummer is that I just can't go to the site anymore and look around and purchase. My very first ever DSD purchase was Johnny Winter greatest hits from Acoustic Sounds.
They say the biggest reason is some law of 2018? I don't know what that is.
There is always HDTracks but it was nice to have the two sellars as one would sell stuff that the other did not.

I have a few hi Rez albums from HDTracks, but I prefer the DSD over the hi Rez flac. I don’t know of any other site that sells rock dsd files. Are there other sites? Thanks in advance!

Really? I understand why some may buy from these two sellers but I never did. Depending on your taste/interest, there are better options.
I have also purchased from NativeDSD which is quite good. Would be nice to have a list of different download company's and there genre's.
I am not interested in classical.

I have also purchased from NativeDSD which is quite good. Would be nice to have a list of different download company's and there genre's.
I am not interested in classical.

AFAIK the only big services left selling multi-channel downloads are NativeDSD, eClassical.com (doesn't do you any good, marpow), Qobuz (not many--and mostly classical, with a little European jazz), and e-Onkyo (many of whose downloads aren't available to US residents). A few indie artists and labels also sell multi-channel via Bandcamp, usually by sending the buyer a private link to a Dropbox folder.

I'd be glad to know of any others.

AFAIK the only big services left selling multi-channel downloads are NativeDSD, eClassical.com (doesn't do you any good, marpow), Qobuz (not many--and mostly classical, with a little European jazz), and e-Onkyo (many of whose downloads aren't available to US residents). A few indie artists and labels also sell multi-channel via Bandcamp, usually by sending the buyer a private link to a Dropbox folder.

I'd be glad to know of any others.
Even stereo downloads, FLAC or DSD, are good. By Acoustic Sounds leaving the market it leaves a pretty good hole.

Well, for stereo, off the top of my head, add (in addition to HD Tracks and the services I listed with MCh): ProStudio Masters.
Great, I will check them out.
I would like to know of some sites that might be album (vinyl) rips of stereo. I have heard a few and they are really good with great dynamic range at 24/96. But I think it is an underground thing?

Back