Music DVD Poll Muse - Hullabaloo (Live at Le Zenith, Paris)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD "Muse - Hullabaloo"

• 10 - Superb Sonics, visuals & extras

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor sonics, visuals & extras

• 1 - Waste of time

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & observations on this DTS-DVD from Muse.

Recorded live at Le Zenith in Paris over 2 nights on the 28/29th of October 2001 this 2-disc set features the full 90 minute show with special features like "Extreme Close-up interactive multi-camera angles" on disc 1, and a 40 minute film shot throughout 2001 featuring unseen off-stage footage from around the world including B-sides taken from the "Hullabaloo Soundtrack" album (also available on SACD), a photo gallery & an interactive discography on disc 2.

Concert Tracklisting:
Introduction
Dead Star
Microcuts
Citizen Erased
Sunburn (multi-angle)
Showbiz
Megalomania
Uno (multi-angle)
Screenager
Feeling Good
Space Dementia (multi-angle)
In Your World
Muscle Museum
Cave
New Born
Hyper Music (multi-angle)
Agitated (multi-angle)
Unintended (multi-angle)
Plug In Baby
Bliss

Has anyone else gotten this. I was doing a search after reading that Adam(fredblue) had found the 1cd,1sacd version with cd of 'b' sides and the live album is on sacd, did not know that existed, I see that Neil W. mentions here about the Sacd. I have HAARP and Live in Rome bluray so will be trying to track this down now as well on Dvd, I have the 2 cd version of this.
I found this review which doesn't make me think I will want to watch often as I don't like this ADHD video shoots that most music video directors seem to like doing these days but the reviewers comments on the surround make it worth getting for me.

http://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=1677

peter

I found this review which doesn't make me think I will want to watch often as I don't like this ADHD video shoots that most music video directors seem to like doing these days but the reviewers comments on the surround make it worth getting for me.

http://www.dvd.net.au/review.cgi?review_id=1677

peter

Yes, the ADHD reference is very apt with regards to the direction on this DVD. I don't watch it really, just listen to it. I have been known to turn the TV off on occasion and enjoy the soundtrack. As an historical document on MUSE, it's great....no bells and whistles, just three guys in a theatre blowing the French crowd away. It also has one of the best versions of 'New Born', a personal favourite.

The surround mix is very good, immersive with a punchy DTS stream.

yes it's true, it changes camera perspective every second or so. But strangely, here I find it suits the music and I have no problems watching it (the performance is great, that might help). Has anybody seen The Scorpions Live At Wacken? Now that is terrible, you never get the impression that the pictures have anything to do with the music...

Back