Music Collectibles - What's Your Latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Artists & record companies often create collectible items to promote new releases, tours, etc. Some of us are often gifted these items or purchase them because we're true fanatics. So what are the recent additions to your collection? Please DO NOT list promo only items on audio or video formats. Those should be listed in the DVD-A, Blu-Ray, DVD-V, CD/LP, etc threads. This thread is for Tchotchkes only!!

Yesterday, I received two of these, the first was gratis, the second my boyfriend purchased for me.

1-Paul McCartney New "luminaria" cube. When turned on, it blinks in gradients of the color spectrum. It is being currently offered for sale for $150 on Ebay. I received it courtesy of my friends at Wisconsin's Exclusive Company (Say it With Me!): http://www.exclusivecompany.com/
hqdefault.jpg
You Tube of cube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6XLgrhOBp8

2-Brian Wilson & Jeff Beck Tour T-shirt from last night's final concert of tour in Milwaukee.

1-Paul McCartney New "luminaria" cube. When turned on, it blinks in gradients of the color spectrum. It is being currently offered for sale for $150 on Ebay. I received it courtesy of my friends at Wisconsin's Exclusive Company (Say it With Me!): http://www.exclusivecompany.com/
So, there's something in Janesville other than Sears and K-Mart? Is this place worth visiting? Do you think I'd buy anything there. I'm fairly close to Janesville.

Funkadelic 'Hardcore Jollies' WB Promo Poster, 1976
funkadelic_hcj.jpg

Pink Floyd 'Animals' Columbia Promo Poster, 1977
pf_animals_done.jpg

Steely Dan 'Aja' MCA Records Promo Poster, 1977
sd_aja.jpg

I have a collection of about 200 promotional posters from the last 40 years or so, covering most of my favourite bands...these are the 3 most recent ones I've picked up!

not something from recently, but I do have a small cornflake box with Tori Amos's picture on it.
Was a promo for Tori's Cornflake Girl release.

vinylguy4

Sadly, I've never been in the Janesville store. It's 60 miles from me. We had planned to go on our trip to Mad City & Rockford in August. By the time we left Mad City, EC in Janesville was closed for the evening.

If you recall, there was an Exclusive Company for many years on State St. in Madison which closed a year or two ago.

Even in the days of plentiful record stores, Exclusive Company's smallest stores were worth visiting.

Have you visited B Side on State St. in Mad City? It is my #1 Madison destination.
bside2_0.jpg
bsides_MH-648x441.jpg

So, there's something in Janesville other than Sears and K-Mart? Is this place worth visiting? Do you think I'd buy anything there. I'm fairly close to Janesville.

not something from recently, but I do have a small cornflake box with Tori Amos's picture on it.
Was a promo for Tori's Cornflake Girl release.

vinylguy4

Is there a picture you can post?

I'm a Tori nut and have seen her live in both Chicago and Milwaukee.

Many years ago, I bought an Australian import 2 CD Under the Pink:
1313416410_front-2-more-pink.jpg
450440B.jpg

Sorry, since I've moved twice, I haven't unpacked everything, it's burried somewhere.
There was one on ebay recently
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181260092301
It is the size of an individual serving of cereal. - Tori never was a cornflake girl.
I was a Tori nut for a while, got several Tori collectables.
Another is a CD divider like you would have in a record store to divide the longboxes in the display shelf, hmmm Under the Pink??
Y Kant Tori Read era 45s, pink vinyl Under the Pink LP, etc.
Bunch of CD singles, all with some otherwise unreleased songs or versions.
That Aussie/NZ CD set was the only way to get some of those songs iirc

vinylguy4

Last edited:
Is there a picture you can post?

I'm a Tori nut and have seen her live in both Chicago and Milwaukee.

Many years ago, I bought an Australian import 2 CD Under the Pink:
View attachment 12084
View attachment 12085
Well, it's been 8 years, guess I'm done with my move.
Here's the picture of the cornflake girl cereal box. It's a Tori picture pasted on a standard mini box of cornflakes.
The LP is the pink vinyl Under The Pink.
Tori actually never was a cornflake girl.
IMG_1976.JPG

Back