Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: is it possible to install MMH as a regular program? Or is it bound to an application type of program where I need to download it everytime I want to use it?
Huh? Most "regular programs" are "application programs," meaning they are designed for a specific task or set of tasks (a particular application). This is why "application" and "app" are used interchangeably with "program" to describe nearly any computer program. Once you've downloaded MMH, you can store it wherever and launch it whenever you need to use it, just like any other program. I know of no programs that need to be downloaded each and every time you'd like to launch them.

Huh? Most "regular programs" are "application programs," meaning they are designed for a specific task or set of tasks (a particular application). This is why "application" and "app" are used interchangeably with "program" to describe nearly any computer program. Once you've downloaded MMH, you can store it wherever and launch it whenever you need to use it, just like any other program. I know of no programs that need to be downloaded each and every time you'd like to launch them.

Maybe the updates are confusing him?

Believe me, I am just as confused myself. I quite know all of what you said, it’s just when I want to install the program it doesn’t ask where to be installed, a downlod starts and once finished the program launches (happens every time I wanna start it). Oh well, will look into it more closely. I admit I rushed it.

Anyone know the best way to sort files by the amount of channels?

I used to use Foobar but I can't get it sorted out for some reason. MP3Tag I couldn't figure that out either. jRiver is probably doable. Maybe a hidden feature in this fine app?

I have many albums that are ripped as 4.0 and looking for the best plan of attack to automate the process to add silent center and sub. They are all mixed in with my standard 5.1 albums.

MMH’s remix tool will find all 4 channel files recursively from any parent folder if you select Add Silent Center To Quad option then select the parent folder. It then scans and loads all files into the grid.

MMHs Media File Manager will scan and load tag and codec data for all you files to, you can sort and filter that list pretty easily and create a PDF files of the filtered list, or Excel file

MMH’s remix tool will find all 4 channel files recursively from any parent folder if you select Add Silent Center To Quad option then select the parent folder. It then scans and loads all files into the grid.

MMHs Media File Manager will scan and load tag and codec data for all you files to, you can sort and filter that list pretty easily and create a PDF files of the filtered list, or Excel file

I tried that and ignored all the sub folders with the albums. I will try it again.

Yup. I have set up different "Views" by channel count.

I was able to get all my quad files converted to 5.1 with silent center/sub in one pass without messing with the tags and album art. Music Helper to the rescue. Firestick 4k now plays all my multichannel flac files perfectly.

I was able to get all my quad files converted to 5.1 with silent center/sub in one pass without messing with the tags and album art. Music Helper to the rescue. Firestick 4k now plays all my multichannel flac files perfectly.
Good to know. JRiver plays them that way without conversion. My use for Music Helper will be to re-order channels that were ripped incorrectly.

New MMH version 3.5.7 update now uploaded.

CHANGES:
Added support for DSF files in the following tools:
  • Playlist Editor (Support for adding DSF files to playlists)
  • Media File Manager (previously DSF files were ingored)
  • Rename/Tag Media Files (Tagging of DSF files including Musicbrainz online lookup)
FIXED:
Tag Media Files dialog was not showing 'Comment' tag (always displayed empty)

New MMH version 3.5.7 update now uploaded.

CHANGES:
Added support for DSF files in the following tools:
  • Playlist Editor (Support for adding DSF files to playlists)
  • Media File Manager (previously DSF files were ingored)
  • Rename/Tag Media Files (Tagging of DSF files including Musicbrainz online lookup)
FIXED:
Tag Media Files dialog was not showing 'Comment' tag (always displayed empty)
Cool. If only you could fix MusicBrainz metadata bank to include what I need. 🤬

They are lossless conversions so should sound identical. Atmos to FLAC will be to 8ch using the TrueHD 7.1 mix.

I don't think I phrased my original question well enough. Will FLACs derived from a TrueHD stream sound the same as FLACs derived from a DTS-HD MA stream, or, assuming the two streams have perceptible differences, will those differences be perceptible in the two sets of FLAC files?

I don't think I phrased my original question well enough. Will FLACs derived from a TrueHD stream sound the same as FLACs derived from a DTS-HD MA stream, or, assuming the two streams have perceptible differences, will those differences be perceptible in the two sets of FLAC files?

If they were the same the FLACs will be the same.
Keep in mind that FLACs don't work for 3D audio.

And why is that? Is it a channel quantity limitation?

From the Atmos FAQ:

Can I convert Atmos to FLAC to play in my car, on PC or Media Player?
FLAC is limited to 8 channels. It is possible to convert an Atmos track’s legacy TrueHD to 5.1 or 7.1 FLAC but this will not contain the Atmos extensions (height and special metadata) so it can never reproduce the true Atmos mix during playback.

It is possible to copy the Atmos codec audio track (unconverted original) in its original container (m2ts for BDA) or into another container that supports TrueHD (MKV, MKA, MP4) to play back via HDMI Passthrough to an AVR for Atmos decoding. (Most content will have DRM so ripping/conversion software will be required, the usual suspects that support TrueHD will support Atmos).

There are no known Atmos decoders except for those within Atmos licensed AVRs and Surround Processors. So Atmos playback must always include HDMI from an external ‘player’ to bitstream to your Atmos AVR/Processor.

There are no known Atmos decoders except for those within Atmos licensed AVRs and Surround Processors. So Atmos playback must always include HDMI from an external ‘player’ to bitstream to your Atmos AVR/Processor.
I wonder if the encoders used in DAWs can also decode?

Back