Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O Lost in translation 🤷‍♂️
I'm approaching 70! 🧓
I'm tryin' to keep up here. 🐌
My SSD is directly connected to my OPPO.
I need a new laptop 💻
MMH explained for dummies... 👨‍🎓

Ask questions as you go. Plenty folks here to guide you.

Music Media Helper 6.1.1 released:

Version 6.1.1 (July 16 2022)
-------------
For users of MMH 6.1.0: Please update to 6.1.1 immediately

New:
Application Preference added to auto append Artist name to File Names in Split & Rename, Tag & Rename & Extract Audio from MKV tools
- Example: 01. ARTIST - SONG TITLE.flac

Fixes:
New Tag Editor control: Further improvements and bug fixes

Changes:
Split & Rename & Tag & Rename tools: Change to Re-Number Files command (now works on selected rows/files on only one folder)
Split & Rename, Tag & Rename & Extract Audio from MKV tools: Changes to the way these dialogs deal with multiple selections (also added a new 'Select Files' button on Folder row to select all folder files)
Split & Rename, Tag & Rename & Extract Audio from MKV tools: Added support for grid column sorting
Updated PDF docs (many changes, additions and corrections - Please read the updated Tag & Rename tool docs regarding the new Tag Editor control)

Here's another new beta version of next official MMH release (6.1.2):

Version 6.1.2 beta 1 (July 17 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added new Preference to output 16 bit for Dolby Digital Plus to FLAC or WAV (previously always 24 bit)
Channel Volume tool: Added support for adding multiple folders to the Add Folder browser
Channel Volume tool: Added new Normalise option with Target Gain to calculate Gain to Normalise files (bump all channels by same gain)
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Peak Limiter - Target User Defined did not apply the user Target - fixed

Updated Extract from MKV tool preferences:
MKVtoAudio6.PNG

New Normalistion option in Channel Volume tool:

Normalisation:
MMH 6.1.2 added a new Normalisation option. Set a Target first and MMH will (for each file) find the loudest channel (Peak) and calculate the maximum gain it can apply for the loudest channel to hit the Normalisation Target, then it updates all channel gains with that gain value. This effectively this would increase the volume of all channels in the file leaving the channel volume balance identical to the source file (but just make it louder).

Download beta installer:
(link removed - now released)

Download updated docs:
(link removed - now released)

Last edited:
Thank you for the help everyone.
Keep in mind there are two types of DTS CD to FLAC types. One is a DTS in a FLAC container. The other is converting the DTS to PCM/FLAC. They both should sound the same but the standard PCM/FLAC should be more compatible with various playback setups, although at a larger file size.

As long as it's understood that converting a lossy format to flac doesn't change the fact the origin was lossy, and converting to flac, or any other format, will not change that.
Did you miss the part where I specifically note that it should sound the same and that the reason to do it is for compatibility, despite the larger file size?

I used standard convert to Flac and worked with no playback issues in ROON or any other media player I tried
The issue I had personally was if you used shuffle play or added DTS FLAC's and standard PCM FLAC's in a playlist. I would get noise during the transitions. When the bit-streamed format changed to/from the DTS processor, there would be noise. Well worth the effort to convert from DTS to PCM.

Music Media Helper 6.1.2 released:

Version 6.1.2 (July 21 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Added new Preference to output 16 bit for Dolby Digital Plus to FLAC or WAV (previously 24 bit only)
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Improved support M4A files
Channel Volume tool: Added support for adding multiple folders withe Add Folder browser
Channel Volume tool: Added new Normalize option with Target Gain to calculate Gain to Normalize files (bump all channels by same gain)
Channel Volume tool: Supports displaying file volumes in 3 rows
Resample tool: Added support for drag and drop of files from Windows File Explorer
Resample tool: Add Folder button now supports selection of multiple folders (CTRL-Click, SHIFT-Click for range etc)
Resample tool: Added BitDepth to grid view
Updated to Ffmpeg v5.1.0
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Peak Limiter - Target User Defined did not apply the user Target - fixed
Channel Volume tool: File names were cut-off if folder path was long - fixed
Tag & Rename tool: Drag and Dropping files when files already loaded would not display new files - fixed

Just a question. It seemed out of place considering what I posted.
There are some that don't recognize immediately that when converting from a lossy to lossless format, that it doesn't change the quality.
That you and I know that, doesn't mean everyone gets it right off.
I don't post to make myself the arbiter of anything, just trying to be helpful.

Back