Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get it from the first post in the thread. I have had the same issue for the last few updates so I just go to the OP, and get it there with no issues.

Yes. I added a direct link to the latest installer (msi) on the OP here for those with issues with MMH's auto update.

Music Media Helper 6.2.6 released: (late post)

Version 6.2.6 (Sept 13 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Added support for muxing mlp (TrueHD) files into MKV, MKA, M4A and MPA
Remix Channels tool: User Defined mixes - added 'stereo to input and output layouts
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest

Hint at what's coming in next release for all the upmixers, stem extraction remixers and other mch mixers):
1663834931867.png

I know I got this to work before, but I'm redoing it now and I can't seem to get it to work again. Using v6.2.6, which I just installed. I'm simply swapping FL and FR channels of a set of 5 channel files.

1665431780457.png

I set this remix mapping up , save it, then load my files. output is set to a folder called Remixed under the source folder. Then I hit Convert. it runs for 2 seconds and says it's done. Except there's no files generated in the Remixed folder (or anywhere else).

1665431923327.png

To test if something is fundamentally wrong, I tried 'Add Silent LFE' with one file, and it worked -- it created a silent LFE in the new file. The same input file with my user defined channel swap remix option, still did not work. No new file was generated.

Last edited:
OK, now it's running, but throwing a different error:

1665433309333.png

The FLAC files were generated during conversion (off the ISO image) from DSD to PCM, by foobar2000. They play fine and load into Audacity with no issues.

Its fixed in official release just posted.

For 5 channel files MMH was checking the channel names to see if it was 5.0 or 4.1. I changed the naming in the latest version but code wasn't modified to see the new names!!

Music Media Helper 6.3.2 released:

Version 6.3.2 (October 22 2022)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: MKV to FLAC conversions may fail - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Title was not added to correct grid column - fixed
Tag & Rename tool: If editing multiple albums MMH could save incorrect cover art to some files in certain instances - fixed

Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls
Updated Ffmpeg to 5.1.2 (official)
Updated MKVToolnix to 71.1
Updated MediaInfo to 22.09

Music Media Helper 6.3.3 released:

Version 6.3.3 (October 23 2022)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Fixed bugs introduced in previous previous 6.3 releases (all users of 6.3 should update!)
- Failed if input MKV file has only 1 audio stream
- 6.3.2 would fail converting to MKV/MKA

Any advice on how to manipulate the Preferences for silence detection in the Join or Split Audio function to get better results with LP conversions? I'm not having much luck with the defaults, but I'm not sure which way to adjust each or which combination might work better. If nobody has done their own trial and error, I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet and do my own.

I extracted an MKV file from xPropaganda, then loaded into MMH to split into MP4, tag, etc.

The Dolby Reference Player will not play them. Is there a fix for this?

Also, is there a way to extract the tracks as MP4 and retain the video? This is for playback in the DRP.

Back