Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were determined that the LFE channel in a concert video is either inverted or delayed, how could I use MMH to create a single or split MKV file(s) with the LFE corrected?

MMH can only correct channels in wav and FLAC files.

You would need to use Extract Audio from MKV to extract to FLAC.
Use the Channel Remix tool’s Invert Channel option to fix the LFE in the FLACs (all in batch)
Use the Channel Delay tool to correct delay (all in batch)
Use the Merge Video and Audio tool to merge the FLACs into the MKVs and set the FLAC to default audio stream (all in batch)

See the PDF manual for each step.

MMH can only correct channels in wav and FLAC files.

You would need to use Extract Audio from MKV to extract to FLAC.
Use the Channel Remix tool’s Invert Channel option to fix the LFE in the FLACs (all in batch)
Use the Channel Delay tool to correct delay (all in batch)
Use the Merge Video and Audio tool to merge the FLACs into the MKVs and set the FLAC to default audio stream (all in batch)

See the PDF manual for each step.
So the times and number of flac files extracted from the latest Steve Hackett concert blu-ray don't quite match the playlist:
1667845664298.png

Track 7 is 18 seconds of applause, and track 22 is post concert applause. That leaves one "extra" track, and the times of the first few songs don't match what's on discogs. Is it okay to fix the LFE using these flac files and merge the corrected flacs with the MKV, or should I drop back, split the long MKV file, edit as necessary, and extract audio from those MKV files?

MMH splits at the BD chapter times.

You should use the first tool in MMH to split the MKV into chapters. Then you have one MKV file for each song. These will be your video MKV files you will merge your fixed FLAC files into.

You can use any MKV files you like as long as the end FLACs you merge go to the same MKV video chapter the FLAC was created from so video and audio remain synced.

You can discard the additional short applause chapter files, no need to keep them.

HINT: You can also remove those short files from the grid and thenuse the MusicBrainz lookup to grab the track titles to rename to song title in MMH tools that split MKVs to chapters or Extract Audio into chapters.

Last edited:
When you merge your video MKV files with your FLACs MMH matches MKV and FLAC by file name sort order (not file names matching). Actual File names are ignored. First MKV is merged with first FLAC based on file name sorting only.

You can use the MMH Chapter Editor to change the existing chapter times and remove the two small unwanted chapters from you MKV rip.

That's what I would do, but even after removing those two, there's still one more chapter than there should be, and the times are way off in a few places. I guess I could remove the last one and edit the times for the correct number of chapters. I did something like that for a few of the album length flac files. It would be easier if I could use duration times, as in the results of the Split MKV Files into Chapters, rather than start times. I used a spreadsheet to convert duration times to start times before, but it's a pain.

I'll get this done eventually.😅

You are probably better off checking the chapter times during playback as that would be more accurate than Discogs.

Play you ripped MKV in VLC and note the times songs start. I've done that before & not too painful. It' s accurate and VLC shows the current time not the duration so you can enter it straight into MMH's Chapter Editor.

Okay, I got the chapters split into individual MKV files, but when I try to open the MKV files to extract the audio, I get this message:
1667949379694.png

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do I have to open and process them one at a time?

How are you opening them?

What happens if you drag all the split mkvs onto the Extract Audio from MKV grid?

I’m about to head out for lunch at a local winery so can’t look at this for a few hours.

I used the Open MKV File button, selected the 19 files, and clicked Open. It won't let me drag any files into the grid (nothing happens).

I'll try a few things. Enjoy your lunch. Salud!

Just about to look at your issue when Extracting Audio from your 19 MKV files.

If you edited the chapters in your original ripped MKV you used to split into MKV chapter files, you could use that again in the Extract Audio from MKV tool to create your FLAC files with same split points.

I used the Open MKV File button, selected the 19 files, and clicked Open. It won't let me drag any files into the grid (nothing happens).

This works for me. Are you sure you Dragged the MKV files into the Extract Audio from MKV tool grid?

MMH Extract Audio from MKV is working for me. 'Open' and selecting all the split MKV files or Drag and drop all the splt MKV files produces FLAC files as expected , no errors.

What version of MMH are you using?

Just about to look at your issue when Extracting Audio from your 19 MKV files.

If you edited the chapters in your original ripped MKV you used to split into MKV chapter files, you could use that again in the Extract Audio from MKV tool to create your FLAC files with same split points.
I did edit the chapters, using Chapter Editor, and I'm pretty sure I clicked all three Save buttons in that dialog box. I'll give that a try.

You have 19 chapters so the Chapter editing must have worked.

This works for me. Are you sure you Dragged the MKV files into the Extract Audio from MKV tool grid?

MMH Extract Audio from MKV is working for me. 'Open' and selecting all the split MKV files or Drag and drop all the splt MKV files produces FLAC files as expected , no errors.

Yes, I tried both methods. I was using 6.3.3, but I updated to 6.3.4 yesterday, hoping it might solve the problem. I also had a Windows update yesterday, but I haven't noticed any other issues.

ok. Drag your mkv files you split into the Extract Audio from MKV grid. Only select the previously spilt output MKV files (not the original multi chapter MKV).

This is what I get when I drag a file into the tool grid:
1668034931630.png

It asks me if I want to split it up and then which stream to use. Then it just sits there. Note that the "Stop Processing" button is illuminated, and the "Open" button is blue highlighted, as if I haven't pulled a file into the space. The "status" indicator never shows a bar, if it's supposed to. I might try to uninstall MMH and reinstall it.

Back