Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to drag more than one MKV file without any chapters, the output MKVs of the split MKV you did.

Music Media Helper 6.3.5 Released

Version 6.3.5 (November 10 2022)
-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added extract to MLP output option (to aid DVDA creation)

Fixes:
Media File Manager: A corrupt media file would stop recursive loading of all folders/files - fixed
Tag & Rename tool: A corrupt media file would stop recursive loading of all folders/files - fixed
Atmos Helper tool: Changed max data rate for DD Plus encodes to 1024. Higher rates fail in the Dolby Encoder - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Certain Quad conversions did not have correct channel names - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Converting chapterless MKVs to FLAC failed if MKVs have audio streams - fixed (6.3.3 regression)

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Added support to encode 24 channel wav files to 9.1.6 with additional channel objects - new
Atmos Helper tool: Added support for Drag & Drop wav files onto grid - new

Yes, I tried both methods. I was using 6.3.3, but I updated to 6.3.4 yesterday, hoping it might solve the problem

Ok, thanks for the test file. I found and fixed the error. New MMH released just now including that fix.

(It was a break I made by mistake fixing an issue in 6.3.3)

-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added extract to MLP output option (to aid DVDA creation)

Fixes:
Media File Manager: A corrupt media file would stop recursive loading of all folders/files - fixed
Tag & Rename tool: A corrupt media file would stop recursive loading of all folders/files - fixed
Atmos Helper tool: Changed max data rate for DD Plus encodes to 1024. Higher rates fail in the Dolby Encoder - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Certain Quad conversions did not have correct channel names - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Converting chapterless MKVs to FLAC failed if MKVs have audio streams - fixed (6.3.3 regression)

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Added support to encode 24 channel wav files to 9.1.6 with additional channel objects - new
Atmos Helper tool: Added support for Drag & Drop wav files onto grid - new
Any reason why the MLP option doesn't work in DRP?

-------------

Very nice for my 9.1.4

When I installed the Wides (9.1) a friend of mine told me that I could then listen 'Stereo' in a wide stage. I told him I cannot because the Wides were only fired with specific Atmos mixes and the upmixer DSU is not valid for that. Also the Denon custom config does not allow assigning the wides. The only option would be to physically switch speakers.

Now with this update I can encode Atmos with two single stereo channels assigned either to the wides, or both to the fronts and the wides :)

Hoping there may be a development on the Mac version soon. Tried tagging files last night on my clunky windows set up, and failed miserably. I have noticed that during the MusicBrainz lookup when you get access to the album cover that when I double click the image it doesn't open a 'save as' pop-up for me? (Most likely operator error on my part- probably doing something wrong, but can't work out what.)

Any reason why the MLP option doesn't work in DRP?
himey, it works for me. Also as per your suggestion, I think, I've renamed atmos/truehd files to .mlp and they usually play, depending on how well the audio was extracted with MKVcleaver (which seems to be a crap shoot).
I've still been unable to find anything to split the truehd files into tracks, and have the tracks be playable, although the first track usually plays in the DRP. I've just been extracting from BD as one long track and sometimes they play, sometimes not.
We need some good tools for truehd but just what is beyond my pay grade.

The solution for me as someone told me recently about my frankenstein 2 AVR 7.1.4 system was to just buy a better AVR. I'm working on that. I'm getting tired of fighting with the DRP.

himey also I'm wondering if you are trying to play .mlp files (as for DVD-A) in the DRP? I think there's a distinction between .mlp for DVD-A and mlp Atmos encoding. One would think they would be compatible but I don't think that's the case. I assume both flavors use meridian lossless packing but the old DVD-A mlp encoders only did 6 channels, where the newer Dolby Media Encoder has expanded capability and probably changes that make the two incompatible. I don't know how HomerJAU is doing mlp encoding for DVD-A though, he would know more about this stuff than I.

Alright! MMH updates are now downloading and installing for me, and the download path is displayed. Great improvement!
My downloads folder is on my "J:" drive and it's apparently been a problem in the past. All working now!!

MMH can only correct channels in wav and FLAC files.

You would need to use Extract Audio from MKV to extract to FLAC.
Use the Channel Remix tool’s Invert Channel option to fix the LFE in the FLACs (all in batch)
Use the Channel Delay tool to correct delay (all in batch)
Use the Merge Video and Audio tool to merge the FLACs into the MKVs and set the FLAC to default audio stream (all in batch)

See the PDF manual for each step.
I thought I had done this correctly, but I must have missed a step somewhere. When I play the MKV files, they show three audio streams: the original stereo and DTS-HD MA streams, and the new flac stream. The original streams play with sound, but when I select the flac stream, there is no sound. The flac files played by themselves, outside of the MKV files, do have sound.

I suspect I might have to drop back to the last step and try again. Should the new MKV files contain more than the flac streams?

I suspect I might have to drop back to the last step and try again. Should the new MKV files contain more than the flac streams?

Yes. MMH adds the FLAC as a new stream and it should be set as the default stream (will play that stream without needing to select it).

What are you using to play the new MKV files?

Last edited:
I put the files on a usb stick and played them on a Sony x800 and an Oppo 103d. Same result on both. I'll try the last step again and try to see what I missed.

Garry, don't bother with converting it to PCM, unless you want to for other users. The flac stream plays in the vlc player on my PC, and I suspect it will on my Vero as well. The usb stick in my BD players was just for a test. Thanks!

Music Media Helper 6.2.6 Released

Version 6.3.6 (November 12 2022)
-------------
New:
Merge Video & Audio Files tool: Added support for merging WAV files into MKV and MP4 video files

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Converting chapterless MKVs to FLAC failed if MKVs have > 1 audio streams - fixed (6.3.3 regression)

Hi Garry, a feature request if I may.

Now that you have convert to mlp capability in MMH would it be possible to add/modify a tool so that you can convert multichannel wav or flac files directly to mlp?

Back