Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did some further testing, by spitting out the individual chapters and it looks like only some chapters are causing issues. I'll continue to look into it.
Might try just adding the singular Atmos (TrueHD) track as a MKA (no video)? 30gb seems awfully large when messing with audio.

Splitting a MKV into chapters will cause some chapter files to be rejected by the DRP. You need to decode the MKV with all chapters.

Hi Garry,

MMH 6.4.2 Atmos Helper / Decode Atmos

When leaving Apply Channel Gain: 0,0 dB it works OK, and the final Interleaved WAV file appears on same folder as source.

But if I change Apply Channel Gain to something over 0, like 1,0 or 10,0 dB no final file appears.
The Out-1-decoded.w64 temp files is created, but then the Out-2-decodedwithGain.w64 appears empty 0bytes.

But if I change Apply Channel Gain to something over 0, like 1,0 or 10,0 dB no final file appears.

I’ll look at this today.

It could be the Windows locale decimal point. (I used MMH to decode this week with +10.0dB gain with no issue)

Hi Garry,

MMH 6.4.2 Atmos Helper / Decode Atmos

When leaving Apply Channel Gain: 0,0 dB it works OK, and the final Interleaved WAV file appears on same folder as source.

The Out-1-decoded.w64 temp files is created, but then the Out-2-decodedwithGain.w64 appears empty 0bytes.
What layout?
I have been leaving the decode gain flat, and using the MMH Channel Volume feature to boost the channels equally. It is faster than re-decoding with a different gain. I have been using Audition to check the levels of the loudest tracks.

I’ll look at this today.

It could be the Windows locale decimal point. (I used MMH to decode this week with +10.0dB gain with no issue)
I haven't been using the latest version until a couple days ago, but before that, I was adding gain to every 5.1.4 output without ever having any issues. I no longer use gain when decoding.

I’ll look at this today.

I have Windows 10 in english, but my locale "decimal point is comma" for spanish.

This is a capture of the Decoder that shows the comma

1676584030722.png

I have been leaving the decode gain flat, and using the MMH Channel Volume feature to boost the channels equally. It is faster than re-decoding with a different gain. I have been using Audition to check the levels of the loudest tracks.

Yes. The Atmos decoder gain is applied sequentially. The MMH Volume tool works in parallel (defaults to 4 concurrent files, but with more processors you could do 6 or 8 concurrently).

Can I add something to the MMH Volume tool to do this? Save you from loading files into multiple apps.
I have been focusing on only the loudest track of the album and not letting it go over -3db very often. Sometimes the other songs are so soft, I let the loudest track go over -3db for more than I want to.

Music Media Helper 6.4.3 Released:

Version 6.4.3 (February 17 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos encoding queue progress incorrect if regional settings use comma as decimal point - fixed

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos Decoding gain max increased to +20dB

Previous release changelog (no previusly posted here):
Version 6.4.2 (February 13 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Tagging gives file name error message in certain circumstances - fixed

Changes:
Updated MKVToolnix to 74.0

Music Media Helper 6.4.3 Released:

Version 6.4.3 (February 17 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos encoding queue progress incorrect if regional settings use comma as decimal point - fixed

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos Decoding gain max increased to +20dB

It works OK.

My Region settings is comma as decimal point and it is shown as that in the MMH Atmos decode window.

But now it works OK and the gain > 0,0 file is generated correctly.

Can you give a little more info please Tim?

After you extracted to FLAC and the files appeared in the grid, what did you do to edit the tags? (Just so I can try and replicate to debug the code).

THX
Apologies for delayed response...

In the MMH window the FLAC files are renamed, whereas the Windows folder with the FLACs with the default naming from the MKV split. I usually click the Rename button to get the Windows folder view to inherit the track names seen in MMH window. I can refresh the Windows folder but FLACs will still has the generic default names. When I copy the FLACs to a portable drive and play thru Oppo player, I can only see the "MKV split" default names. Its as if the tag & rename is one final step short to get the file names updated where they are visible during playback. (difference between file name and track name?)

Music Media Helper 6.4.4 Released:

Version 6.4.4 (February 27 2023)
-------------
Changes:
Tag & Rename & Split MKV tools: Grid file names now show file extensions (previously hidden)
Tag Editor control: Now auto updates associated grid fields for each tag edited (Tag & Rename, Split MKV & Extract Audio tools)

Just upgraded to 6.4.4 but still have issues tagging and renaming from the Extract audio from MKV option. After extracting the flac files and getting the tags from MusicBrainz, copying the tags works fine (although not the album art which I haven't got to work since 6.4 ?? ) .. Tagging and renaming then produces an error as it seems to still be missing the extensions ?

Am I doing something wrong still? Would be keen to know whats up with the album art too... Cheers!

Attachments

• MMH Screenshot 2023-02-27 112428.jpg
    MMH Screenshot 2023-02-27 112428.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MMH Screenshot 2023-02-27 112950.jpg
    MMH Screenshot 2023-02-27 112950.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 0
Am I doing something wrong still? Would be keen to know whats up with the album art too... Cheers!

This version was supposed to ensure all the MMH grids with tagging displayed the file extension (consistent).

I missed a code change that caused the the rename error. I've just fixed and will be in a new 6.4.5 version I'll release soon.

I am just looking at the Album art issue you reported, once resolved I'll upload the new version. EDIT: Fixed. New version now released.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 6.4.5 Released:

Version 6.4.5 (February 28 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Tagging gives error message after using Musicbrainz Tagging - fixed
Tag & Rename and Extract Audio from MKV tools: Musicbrainz Tagging: Selected Cover Art not saved - fixed

Version 6.4.6 beta 1 (February 28 2023)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Added support for loading & editing .w64 files (6, 8, 10, 12, 16 & 24 channels) - allows channel volume editing of decoded Atmos files created by the MMH Atmos Helper tool.

Download MMH 6.4.6 beta 1 installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/Beta/MMHInstaller.msi

Back