Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presumably you've set it up as a format in ffmpeg decoder wrapper? AFAIK Foobar2000 doesn't support TrueHD files and I can't find any components for this specifically.

Yes. I use the ffmpeg wrapper. There’s posts on how to do it here on QQ somewhere.

So I converted a folder of 360RA to wav then encoded to both lossless and lossy (DD+) Atmos.

During the encoding to lossless Atmos I got two warning about long paths and creating temp files. But the process completed for the folder anyway. So no problem. (it was a one level nested folder)

But I have a question...I assume this intentional on your part....why is DDP added to the filename when encoding to lossy Atmos? I mean if it was in parenthesis that would be cool, otherwise it just adds letters to the file name that should not be there. Or maybe an underscore or dash/- sign or just something that differentiates the actual file name from the DDP addition.
Eh?

I've generally found the safest bet is to shorten long file names for this process... I have had particularly long file names fall over here and there. Thankfully super easy to fix.

I guess: it seemed like a good idea at the time :) Maybe I should add user preferences?
I have no personal objections to it, I would like to see a separator of some sort between the original file name and the DDP designation. Actually putting the DDP in is a good idea, IMO.

My personal preferences aside, the utility is working good sans a few hiccups here and there. But it finishes the job and that's all that counts for me in the long run.

Music Media Helper 7.0.2 Released

Version 7.0.2 (June 1 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Atmos Helper tool: Decoding to Mono files failed to create mono files - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV - Failed to convert m4a to Quad in 5.1 formatted files (silent C & LFE) - fixed
Media File Manager: Corrected 'DTS:X' codec reporting introduced in MMH 7 release (MediaInfo 23.04 change)

I used v7.0.1 v7.0.2 to create mono's for Surcode MLP Encoder and it did not like them.
Surcode likes exensible wav format BTW.

I was able to load extensible wav format files from another app and encode.

Note I have no clue if earlier versions produced extensible wav format, been too long.

Thank you Garry. I think, I'll try MKA+CUE. And leave MKV for video. Of course CUE has to be created before removing ...:LOL:
Works, but the length of the last song is always shown with 0:00 (yatse), nothing (blank) is shown on television.
Is this a bug of KODi (Leia)? foobar shows length of all songs correct but takes a lot of time when selecting ("slow forward", not fast at all but working).
If I put an extra track at the end of the CUE file, time is displayed correct in KODI. But then I got an extra track.:unsure:

Works, but the length of the last song is always shown with 0:00

It’s a bug in Kodi when reading cue files. It doesn’t effect playback, it’s only visual.

The only current fix would be to edit the Kodi music database for the last track (add the duration). I should add a tool to MMH to find songs with 0 duration and allow manual editing. I use cue files for gapless Atmos albums and for Concert Videos to allow ‘concerts’ to appear in the Kodi Music Library (instead of the Kodi Music Video Library) and play ‘gapless’ since nearly all concerts are gapless.

Reactions: M-K
It’s a bug in Kodi when reading cue files. It doesn’t effect playback, it’s only visual.

The only current fix would be to edit the Kodi music database for the last track (add the duration). I should add a tool to MMH to find songs with 0 duration and allow manual editing. I use cue files for gapless Atmos albums and for Concert Videos to allow ‘concerts’ to appear in the Kodi Music Library (instead of the Kodi Music Video Library) and play ‘gapless’ since nearly all concerts are gapless.
It would be great to have a tool that can create cue files using frames rather than milliseconds for MKV and MKA files. I don't know how easy or feasible it is to do that but that's the way Kodi likes to read cue sheets for MKA files. The only alternative is rounding up the milliseconds to 000.

I used to/probably still have a spreadsheet I used for DVDA authoring when I had a single "album length" file that in the authoring program you have to insert track points.
But the spreadsheet would convert I think either way between the ms or frame formats. The authoring program used the ms "000" format.
Don't know if that would help with MKA files.

I tried a work around by putting a non existing extra track at the end like this (6 Tracks in this example):

TRACK 07 DATA
TITLE " "
PERFORMER " "
INDEX 01 47:08:00

As time I play the mka in foobar that shows me the total length. That is used for the extra track.

Hi, I'm trying to merge 12 mono files in one flac file using "Merge mono files to MCH file". The goal is create this file to encode it to Atmos 7.1.4 afterwards. The suffixes of mono files are: FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR, SL, SR, TFL, TFR, TBL, TBR. Unfortunately, the suffixes TFL, TFR, TBL, TBR are not accepted with this error message (example):
"1: Warning: File: test.TFL.wav does not conform to MMH's file channel naming rules and was ignored. You must rename appending a valid channel suffix"
So, what are the valid suffixes for Atmos channels?

Hi, I'm trying to merge 12 mono files in one flac file using "Merge mono files to MCH file". The goal is create this file to encode it to Atmos 7.1.4 afterwards. The suffixes of mono files are: FL, FR, FC, LFE, BL, BR, SL, SR, TFL, TFR, TBL, TBR. Unfortunately, the suffixes TFL, TFR, TBL, TBR are not accepted with this error message (example):
"1: Warning: File: test.TFL.wav does not conform to MMH's file channel naming rules and was ignored. You must rename appending a valid channel suffix"
So, what are the valid suffixes for Atmos channels?

The MMH Channel Split/Merge tool does not currently support > 8 channels.

I'll take a look at what I need to do to add 5.1.4 (10 channel) and 7.1.4 (12 channel) this morning.

EDIT: I’ll add support for > 8 channel wav merging (5.1.4 and 7.1.4) in next MMH 7 release this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOS
The MMH Channel Split/Merge tool does not currently support > 8 channels.

I'll take a look at what I need to do to add 5.1.4 (10 channel) and 7.1.4 (12 channel) this morning.

EDIT: I’ll add support for > 8 channel wav merging (5.1.4 and 7.1.4) in next MMH 7 release this week.
Looks like 8 is still the maximum allowed number of channels for a FLAC file: FLAC - Format

Hi Garry,
Just a little note, I get around it easily, so no big deal.
Rip a Blu Ray using MKV.
Open MMH and select "Split And Rename Concerts"
Continue, using MusicBrainz, and JRiver sidecar, CUE and Tag Editor, all perfect.

Put all in a New Folder and rename, perfect, move over to my NAS and then Import file from JRiver to my JRiver player, perfect.

Here is the little glitch, when I use the CUE it imports to JRiver in the same folder as if I was importing anything but a MKV video file, basically comes as a MKV 5.1.

When I omit the CUE file, then it imports as MKV Video File, this is what I want, for ATMOS listening.
The problem, is it is hit and miss with the proper selected tagging when it arrives in the JRiver video file section.
I have not said anything before as I just manually tag, takes an extra 5 minutes, but maybe you would like to know.

Back