Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(And send you a link to the pre-release beta when this is added). Actually the easiest way for me is to add it to the ‘Extract Audio from MKV’ by adding an option to keep the video stream. Its not the logical place to add it but it’s much easier coding as all the logic is already there.

Well, that sounds just great. Whatever is the easiest :) I'll be very happy to test a pre-release, I got 5 weeks out of work now, perfect !

Well, that sounds just great. Whatever is the easiest :) I'll be very happy to test a pre-release, I got 5 weeks out of work now, perfect !

I have just uploaded a Beta version on next 6.1.0 version:

Version 6.1.0 Beta 4 (July 3 2022)
-------------
New:
Split & Rename tool: Dragging multiple MKV files onto grid with Output set to 'MP4' converts all to MP4 files
(PCM streams are converted to FLAC since MP4 does not support PCM)
New 'Tag Editor' control supports adding/removing cover art

Changes:
Split & Rename tool: Added new 'Tag Editor' control to enable editing of all tags inc. new Disc, DiscCount and DiscTitle
Tag & Rename tool: Added support for editable tags: Track, TrackCount, RemixedBy
Tag & Rename tool: Added new 'Tag Editor' control to enable editing of all tags inc. Disc, DiscCount and DiscTitle
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added support for editable tags: Track, TrackCount, RemixedBy
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added new 'Tag Editor' control to enable editing of all tags inc. Disc, DiscCount and DiscTitle
Added new skins to emulate Windows 11 (WXI)

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool - Failed to extract from MKV with > 24hrs of media
Chapter Edit tool - Failed to load MKV with > 24hrs of media
Tag & Rename tool - Checkbox in incorrect position - fixed

Changes:
Updated to latest Ffmpeg v5 (June 20) and MKVtoolnix v68.0.0 components
Updated MediaInfo to 22.06
Updated 3rd party UI controls

The new Tag Editor control here on right of the Tag & Rename tool:
1656832076110.png

The Tag Editor control will display and save to all currently selected rows (tracks) in the grids where it now is used.

To select rows (tracks):
Click on any row (selected current row)
CTRL+A selects all rows (tracks)
Click on a row then SHIFT+Click to select rows form first clicked to last clicked
click on a row the CTRL+Click to adds new row to selection

(These are standard Windows selection methods)

The 'Save' button below the album cover saves the Tag Editor control information to the grid for current selected row(s).

The main Tag Save button at bottom saves the grid info to the files.

Editing any grid row (track) cell saves to the file immediately the edited cell is left (click on any other cell).

The new first column icon shows when cover art is saved in the media file.

Users can still use the toolbar command 'Get Tags from Musicbrainz' to lookup an album or concert (music video) and auto populate the data.

The new 'DiscTitle' tag is used by Kodi to group albums into discs in its user interface (e.g. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon can show Disc 1 'Quad', Disc 2 '5.1', Disc 3 'Stereo' etc) - this is actually the 'DiscSubTitle' tag

Right-Click on a column header and a pop-up allows users to add/remove columns to the grid (i.e. display or remove tags you're interested in)

This is not yet a final official release but for those wanting to try the new version, down load installer here:

(removed - now released)

THX
Garry

Last edited:
Hi Garry, First, thanks alot.
Split & Rename tool: Dragging multiple MKV files onto grid with Output set to 'MP4' converts all to MP4 files
(PCM streams are converted to FLAC since MP4 does not support PCM)
This works great for .MKVs with Audio: PCM, DTS 5.1, AC3 (stereo & 5.1). All i tried so far
PCM becomes .FLAC and the other keeps their codecs. Perfect. And it works fast even on my couple years old mechanical drive.

However their seems to some problem with the tagging, I'm getting an error message:
tag editor error.png

Since I always use MusicBrainz Picard and Tagscanner for my tagging, this is not a problem for me.
But I will test more and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks
Robert

edit
12.png

However their seems to some problem with the tagging, I
Okey, depending of what tags is in the .mkv already. Most of the tags makes it to the resulting .MP4 (artist, genre, title, track, totaltracks)
Album and albumartist seems to be missing each time. Then when I try to add album and albumartist tags manually i get the error message. It is the same or similar for both Split & Rename Concerts tool and the Tag & Rename Media Files tool. Then I pressed continue in the box, the tags were not written to the files.

Personally I don't use embedded art, but I succesfully removed one :)
BTW: When I open the Tag & Rename Files tool, the top left in the opened windows says "Tag && Rename Files"
Split & Rename Concerts tool also has &&

log from the error message in Split & Rename Concerts tool : hastebin

log from the error message in Tag & Rename Files: hastebin

Thanks
Robert

How hard would it be to have the MKV extract tool also load files from sub-folders and export files to the sub-folder of the original files, and an option to delete the original files? I am going from M4A to MKA.

Thanks for the feedback Robert @Sylfest

The error is caused when no cover art exists in the original media file and none has been added in the Tag Editor. I’ll fix that shortly.

The other issue on Album and AlbumArtist not being saved I’ll also fix. I’ll also fix the double && in dialog titles. So all reported issues should be resolved in next beta. I’ll post here when ready, in next hour or so (as usual I need an espresso to kick off my day!)

How hard would it be to have the MKV extract tool also load files from sub-folders and export files to the sub-folder of the original files, and an option to delete the original files? I am going from M4A to MKA.

Let me check out what’s needed to make that happen. Probably in best to add to the Audio Batch tool is my guess

One more update just uploaded to 6.1.0 Beta 6 after more testing (same link above)

@himey I updated the existing 'Extract Audio from MKV/M4A' tool .m4a to mkv conversion to include all the tags in the original .m4a and either write them to the mkv or to the JRiver Sidecar xml file

I think that tool is all I'm going to do. Just drag all your ,m4a files into the grid (with MKV selected as the output) and it will convert to mkv. Clear the grid and drag the next albums .m4a file in, etc.

(as usual I need an espresso to kick off my day!)
I go with regular black coffee :)

Great job, now tagging works (tested mp4)
tag & rename files.png

One suggestion though: make the boxes on the right bigger. For easier edits. Still okey for AC/DC though =)
The && is still in Split & Rename Concerts

Thanks
Robert

edit:
update just uploaded to 6.1.0 Beta 6
The version I installed says beta 5

Updated MMH 6.1.0 beta 7 is now uploaded to link (same as in previous posts). This fixes scaling issues when using Windows Text Scaling > 100%

Latest Change:
Improved UI when users set Windows display Text & Layout scaling > 100% (also now supports per monitor scaling if users have multiple screens))

(Removed - now released)

Last edited:
Just downloaded and installed beta 7. Now the && is gone and the boxes for tagging looks good here.
Thanks

Thanks for all your recent feedback.

I'll update the docs including new screen shots and info on how the new Tag Editor works and then publish an official release.

One more 6.1.0 beta (beta 8) for Improvements and to resolve issues I found when testing:

Tag & Rename, Split & Rename Concerts and Extract Audio from MKV' tools:
Improved Syncing of grid and Tag Editor
Resolved Tag Editor issue when loading multiple values when field is numeric
Improved updating of NewName field when Title tag is empty
Pre-populating the Musicbrainz Tag lookup with 'Album Artist' and 'Album' from existing tags, folder name or filename

Tag & Rename tool:
Added a new 'Tag & Rename' button (previously only two buttons 'Tag Only' and 'Rename Only")

Same link a previous:

(Link removed - now released)

Another 6.1.0 beta (beta 9). This one adds:

Tag & Rename tool: Now supports loading multiple folders (albums) into the grid for concurrent tagging:
- New 'Add Sub Folder' button (recursive loading of all sub-folders under selected folder
- Updated 'Add Folder' button now supports selection of multiple folders (CTRL-Click, SHIFT-Click for range etc)
- Updated 'Add Files' button which now does not auto-clear any existing grid files

Use same link as previous post above.

Here's the new Tag & Rename dialog with 3 album folders loaded:
NewMMHTagger.PNG

Music Media Helper 6.1.0 released:

Version 6.1.0 (July 11 2022)
-------------
New:
Split & Rename tool: Dragging multiple MKV files onto grid with Output set to MP4 converts all MKV files to MP4 files
Tag & Rename tool: Now supports loading multiple folders (albums) into the grid for tagging:
- New Add Sub Folder button (recursive loading of all sub-folders under selected folder
- Updated Add Folder button now supports selection of multiple folders (CTRL-Click, SHIFT-Click for range etc)
Tag & Rename tool: Added new 'Tag & Rename' button (previously there were two buttons 'Tag Only' & 'Rename Only'
Added new skins to emulate Windows 11 (named 'WXI ...')

Changes:
New Tag Editor control added to Split & Rename tool, Tag & Rename tool and Extract Audio from MKV tool
The Tag Editor control enables editing of all tags including new tags:
Disc, DiscCount, DiscTitle, Track, TrackCount, RemixedBy

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool - Failed to extract from MKV with > 24hrs of media
Chapter Edit tool - Failed to load MKV with > 24hrs of media
Tag & Rename tool - Checkbox in incorrect position - fixed

Changes:
Improved UI when users set Windows display Text & Layout scaling > 100% (also now supports per monitor scaling)
Updated to latest Ffmpeg v5 (June 20) and MKVtoolnix v68.0.0 components
Updated MediaInfo to 22.06
Updated 3rd party UI controls
Updated PDF docs - Please read the updated Tag & Rename tool docs regarding the new Tag Editor control

Here's the changes in the Tag & Rename tool for tagging:

Tagging Files - Overview:
Tags from the grid cells are saved to each file by:
  • Editing in a grid cell immediately the cell is exited (e.g. Tab key or mouse click on another cell)
  • Clicking either the ‘Tag & Rename’ or ‘Tag Only’ command buttons
When either of the two ‘Tag & Rename’ or ‘Tag Only’ command buttons are used, MMH saves all the grid tags for all the files in the grid, if there is only one album (folder) in the grid. If there are multiple folders (albums) in the grid MMH saves all tags for all files BUT only for albums with at least one row (file) selected.

HINT: Use the normal Windows selection methods to select rows (CTRL+A for all, CTRL+Click, SHIFT+Click for multiples)

All existing tags for each loaded file are displayed in the file’s grid row. These can be freely edited on a cell by cell basis (which save the changes directly to each media file), or users can edit tags in the MMH ‘Tag Editor’ control on the right side of this dialog. Tags can also be edited in batch using MMH’s Musicbrainz online database lookup or by copying a list of track names from a test file or from a web page.

IMPORTANT: ‘Tag & Rename’ or ‘Tag Only’ buttons save the grid tags to each media file:
  • If only one folder (album) is loaded in the grid, both save tags to all files in the grid
  • If multiple folders (albums are loaded in the grid, both save tags to all files by folder (album) if at least one album row (file) is selected

The Tag Editor control:
The new Tag Editor always displays the tags from the current grid row (figure on left) or tags for all the selected rows (figure on right):

TagEditor1.PNG
TagEditorMV.PNG

When displaying tags for multiple rows (files) if all the values for a tag are identical the tag textbox shows that value (see Artist tag in right figure). If the all the values are not identical the tag shows ‘[multiple values’ (or ‘[mv] if the text box is small – see Track tag) and the textbox becomes a dropdown list which lists all the unique values for that tag.

Users can freely edit any tag in the Tag Editor. Any changes are saved to the selected grid rows when a user clicks the Tag Editors ‘Save’ button at bottom of the Tag Editor.
  • If only one row is selected, just that row’s tags are updated.
  • With multiple rows selected, the ‘Save’ button saves all tags (except those with values ‘[multiple values’ or ‘[mv]’) for all selected rows in the grid.
NOTE: A user must click Tag Editor’s ‘Save’ button to update the selected row(s) grid tags. This does not save to the media file(s). To save to the media files use either the ‘Tag & Rename’ or ‘Tag Only’ button at bottom right of the main dialog (based on row selection).

Album Cover Art:

The Tag Editor control displays existing embedded cover art (if any). The ‘Plus’ button allows are user to select a cover art file via a file browser (‘folder.jpg’ or cover.jpg’ only). The ‘cross’ button removes cover art.

Last edited:
Back