Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Media Helper 6.4.0 Released:

Version 6.4.0 (January 28 2023)
-------------
Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos Decoding now released in MMH Atmos Helper 1.3
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Now supports adding single MKV/MKA file without chapters
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 22.2.4
Updated PDF Docs

NOTE: ALL USERS OF MMH 6.3 SHOULD UPDATE TO 6.4 due to several important fixes in recent updates
What's the status of the tagging issue with WAV files? I can extract them with the Atmos tool, but when attempting to tag with MMH, they get ruined.

Perhaps you fixed it and I just missed it.

Thanks for everything!

What's the status of the tagging issue with WAV files?

I've updated MMH today (new 6.4.1 Beta 1) to stop saving a customised tag to wavs and w64 files (the tag is used by Kodi's UI to allow grouping of albums into 'discs').
Link: https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/Beta/MMHInstaller.msi

This seems to fix the wav tagging issue for previously reported (i.e. no file corruption) for all test apps I tried EXCEPT MP3tag which still refuses to show tags created by MMH):

I tested a wav tagged by 6.4.1 Beta 1 in the following programs with no issues:
  • Tagscanner
  • Foobar2000
  • MediaInfo
  • MMH 6 (reload after tagging)
  • VLC

Tags failed to show:
  • MP3Tag (latest version)

I suspect a bug in MP3tag

THX

Just in case any of you need to transfer files across your home LAN and run into problems, I found a handy MS site that re-educated me on all the things my old brain forgot.
Since I have a main pc I store my music on, and a backup pc that I keep copies of my BD's on the smaller HDD's until they fill up, then I package them up like they shipped and put them on the shelf.
Anyway a , for once, helpful MS site and I now have full access across my pc's to transfer files back and forth.
Especially helpful was setting permissions in the Security tabs of the drive properties for me, enabling some other things but anyway if you have problems check it out and go down the list.
Big shout out to @Infomas who found this about the same time I stumbled across it and alerted me.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/t...ing/cannot-access-shared-folder-file-explorer

I use MakeMKV for ripping blu-rays and then Music Media Helper to convert to FLAC/assign track info & artwork. I use Foobar2000 for DVD-As and SACDs after SACDExtract Gui. My question is - my laptop is Windows 8.1 which is no longer supported. I am scared to upgrade to 10 or 11 because the above all work flawlessly. Has anybody had issues with Windows upgrade screwing up MakeMKV, Music Helper, Foobar2000 or SACDExtractGui? Will these programs carry over with the upgrade? I'd rather not do a clean install and go thru reinstalling all of these programs again. Thanks.

I use MakeMKV for ripping blu-rays and then Music Media Helper to convert to FLAC/assign track info & artwork. I use Foobar2000 for DVD-As and SACDs after SACDExtract Gui. My question is - my laptop is Windows 8.1 which is no longer supported. I am scared to upgrade to 10 or 11 because the above all work flawlessly. Has anybody had issues with Windows upgrade screwing up MakeMKV, Music Helper, Foobar2000 or SACDExtractGui? Will these programs carry over with the upgrade? I'd rather not do a clean install and go thru reinstalling all of these programs again. Thanks.
I think you'd be OK with either a clean install or maybe an install in place if it will let you do that. Personally I'd just clean install to Windows 10 and see if your hardware is supported on 11. I use all those things with Win 11 Pro with no problems.

Music Media Helper 6.4.1 Released:

Version 6.4.1 (February 6 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
Tagging WAV files corrupts files - fixed
Tag Editor control: Now only saves cover art for selected files if changed by user in Tag Editor (fixes issue where cover art could overwirite existing)

Changes:
Atmos Helper tool: Atmos Decoding gain max increased to +15dB (from +10dB)

Not sure if this is an issue with MMH or my Windows. My File Manager has been weird lately... but anyway.

In tag and rename files, add folder...a few times I've had MMH lock up on me. Other times, not.

Like I say though, File Manager has been flakey lately. delete something, still shows. Rename something, no change. Until you refresh....weird.

Like I say though, File Manager has been flakey lately. delete something, still shows. Rename something, no change. Until you refresh....weird.

Do you have mapped network drives that are not switched on? Windows Explorer (File Explorer) plays up badly if one of my NASs is not on. Unlike some, I don’t run my NASs 24/7.

I fixed it recently by not permanently mapping any drives. I now have a batch file I run to only map drives when I need them.

EDIT: I can post an example mapping bat file if required.

What surprised me was that Windows was not showing files being deleted when mapped drives were not connected. Fixing with the bat file was to stop the Explorer delay when opening a file in a dialog, added bonus was it fixed the deletion refresh issue too. Something in Windows was waiting to ‘see’ the mapped folders… Horrible Windows bug that has been there for years.

Last edited:
Hi Garry,
Catching up on audio chores today, I received an error message during a process.

Using MMH 6.4.1, I was using Extract Audio from MKV to get some album FLACs, which worked fine as usual. The FLACs were renamed in the MMH window but still generic in the actual album folder. When I clicked on Tag & Rename, the correct names carried over to the FLACs as displayed in the folder but it flashed the warning message below for EACH file in the album. Then confirmed with OK message.

As a test, I found one album folder of FLACs that were extracted from MKV but I hadn't renamed them yet. So I opened Tag & Rename Media Files and selected that folder; when I clicked on Tag & Rename it copied all the song titles into the folder without an error message. Not sure if these are the same process, but it looks that way to me.

Thanks as always, Tim

PS - I've been stalled on Penteo upmixing as I could not wrap my head how to load tracks (or folders) into the Ozone 9 process to improve stereo imaging before upmixing. Are there any tips beyond the basic document or am I just missing something simple in that doc? THX

Attachments

• MMH1.jpg
    MMH1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MMH2.jpg
    MMH2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
Catching up on audio chores today, I received an error message during a process.

@timbre4 Fixed in MMH 6.4.2 just released.

MMH sometimes displays the file extension in its grids and in others there's no file extension displayed.

(I need to go through them all and always display the extension, so same functions are used throughout MMH and this sort of bug won't occur)

Here's my bat file:

I have two NASs with same logins so I only ask for the password once in the bat

Code:
@echo off
REM Remove all existing mappings ---------
net use * /Delete

REM Prompt for a password (don't leave the password in a file to be hacked -----
set /p PASSWORD="Server Password: "

@echo on

REM Add new DISKSTATION1 - each line maps a new NAS Shared Volume to a Windows drive letter ---
net use K: \\192.168.1.121\Volume1 %PASSWORD% /user:admin /persistent:no
net use L: \\192.168.1.121\Volume2 %PASSWORD% /user:admin /persistent:no
net use M: \\192.168.1.121\Volume3 %PASSWORD% /user:admin /persistent:no
net use N: \\192.168.1.121\Volume4 %PASSWORD% /user:admin /persistent:no
net use O: \\192.168.1.121\Volume5 %PASSWORD% /user:admin /persistent:no

REM Add new DISKSTATION2  - each line maps a new NAS Shared Volume to a Windows drive letter ---
net use P: \\192.168.1.62\Volume1 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no
net use Q: \\192.168.1.62\Volume2 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no
net use R: \\192.168.1.62\Volume3 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no
net use S: \\192.168.1.62\Volume4 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no
net use T: \\192.168.1.62\Volume5 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no
net use U: \\192.168.1.62\Volume6 %PASSWORD% /user:admin  /persistent:no

Running into an issue with a 30+ GB MKV Atmos file and the decoder.

I left it running over night. The CPU utilization was at near zero this morning, but RAM was over 9GB. No output files were in the MKV's directory. I checked the Temp folder and found some stuff. Not sure what's going on.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 12.11.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 12.14.02 PM.png

Back