Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the FE File Explorer but couldn’t find a way to play files from a connected drive. It wants to connect via a network. Maybe I should try latest version but my aim was to play my files when in my car.
A good app to use for playing Dolby Atmos tracks in your car is nPlayer. It supports streaming of Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3) and DTS via HDMI Pass-through, Airplay Pass-through and Chromecast Pass-through. I don't know if it can play files from a connected drive. Maybe it's possible via External Documents, but I'm not sure.
It plays files from any directory on your iPhone, that's how I use it. I upload files that I want to add on a cloud drive, download them and move them to a directory on my phone. It plays anything that I throw at it + you can customize it to your liking, the look, gestures, haptic touch, decoders, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, but those give the error. I also tried an encode using 768, it makes no difference. When I mux them with MP4Box, the error is gone.

I will change mp4/m4a encoding to use MP4Box in a near future MMH update.

Some Atmos Players are more sensitive than others to Atmos encodes. The Apple Player and Dolby Reference Player in the 'sensitive' category (closed systems). Non- sensitive: Kodi, VLC (open source)

Thanks!
It's probably requested before, but can you also add DTS:X support? Like extracting to multichannel interleaved WAV and encoding to DTS-HD Master Audio?

Music Media Helper 7.0.0 Beta 1

Here is the new beta version of MMH 7 using .NET 7 Desktop Runtime, the latest version of .NET released in December 2022.

MMH 7 and MMH 6 can be installed at same time, you can run either version as they are in two separate folders with their own short-cuts.

I plan to discontinue to enhance MMH 6. All future enhancements will be in MMH 7 only. I will continue to support MMH 6 for next month or so, after that I will only support MMH 7.

I have not yet updated any documentation but for those wanting to try the first MMH 7 beta version, here your go:

To use this new version you must first install the .NET 7 Desktop Runtime:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-7.0.4-windows-x64-installer
This link for MMH 7.0.0 beta 1:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi
Once installed MMH 7 users will be auto notified in the MM7 program when new updates are available

Change log:
Version 7.0.0 (Beta 1) (March 23 2023)
-------------
New:
.NET Desktop Runtime upgraded to version 7 (faster performance)

Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added Panel Splitter control to allow resizing of Tag Control
Tag & Rename tool: Added Panel Splitter control to allow resizing of Tag Control
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Added Panel Splitter control to allow resizing of Tag Control
All three tools above have File and Folder buttons moved to top left of dialog (previously on extreme right side)

Atmos Helper tool: Encoding DD+ Atmos to MP4/M4A files now uses MP4box for increased compatibility with DRP and iOS playback @MC_Freak

Thanks!

I get an error when converting to m4a or mp4:
Error creating Output file: *.m4a / *.mp4
Could not load file or assembly 'TagLibSharp, Version=2.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0'. The system cannot find the specified file.

So how does one uninstall MMH v6? I can find no listing for it and neither can Revo Uninstaller.
MMH 6 should appear in Windows Settings, Apps. Is it not there? If not did you install MMH 7 and it it listed in Settings, Apps?

I‘ll take a look shortly, coffee needed to wake me up!

Last edited:
Hi Garry, I have both the MMH updated 6 and the new MMH 7, should I dump the MMH 6 or keep for now?
I have no discs to rip as of this writing.

I’d suggest you keep 6 (just in case), but use MMH 7 and report any issues. I’m not expecting many in 7 as it’s pretty much same as 6 except now using .NET 7 runtime which has been stable for a while.

MMH 6 should appear in Windows Settings, Apps. Is it not there? If not did you install MMH 7 and it it listed in Settings, Apps?

I‘ll take a look shortly, coffee needed to wake me up!
No, I held off installing MMH 7 to see if I should do something to uninstall MMH 6.( because) It's not listed as a program in Programs and Features and in the Revo Uninstaller.
I'm not worried that it will cause problems, just curious that it does not show up anywhere.

If you're not worried then I'm not worried. You know more about it than I do, Tonight I will go ahead and install MMH 7.

As far as the NET 7 runtime I already have it installed for another program's requirements.

Thanks for your hard work!
With Beta 2 I get the error that libgpac.dll is not found (Output M4A MP4).

I've got another request: it it possible to add Dolby Digital Plus for Blu-ray, for when you have Dolby Media Encoder installed?
And do you know if it's possible to extract the height channels from DTS-HD:X tracks?

With v7 beta 2, Extract Audio from MKV option - pressing the Open MKV/MKA/M4A file button does nothing for me? i.e. no dialog appears.

The Split MKVfile button works in the Split & rename Concerts option....

Back