Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your hard work!
With Beta 2 I get the error that libgpac.dll is not found (Output M4A MP4).

I've got another request: it it possible to add Dolby Digital Plus for Blu-ray, for when you have Dolby Media Encoder installed?
And do you know if it's possible to extract the height channels from DTS-HD:X tracks?

I take a look this morning.

I don’t know how to decode DTS:X to wav yet. There isn’t much music available in DTS:X so not a priority.

In Beta 2 I get the error "Error opening media file (CopyTags): *DDP.mp4 Could not find file '*DDP.mp4'."

And this problem I get with all versions: I have Blu-rays ripped with separate chapters. They are separated with MKVToolNix.
When I decode the Dolby Atmos track of a separate chapter to Multichannel Interleaved WAV, it decodes the mlp (it's in the Temp directory and it's playable), but it does not encode to WAV. I get no error, it just won't do anything (no processor usage) and I have to cancel the proces.
It does that with any ripped chapter, also with chapters from other Blu-ray rips.
I have to rip the Blu-ray again, without splitting the chapters, and then it works.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 7.0.0 Beta 2 available

Fixes:
Tag Editor Control: 'Disc Title' text box will only allow numeric values - fixed
Beta 1 issue: TagLib library was not correct version (caused MMH 7 crash) - fixed

Download link in this post:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-audio-music-videos.22693/page-71#post-684894

Any chance the Join subfolders option will gain support for importing .MP4 files too? Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

In Beta 2 I get the error "Error opening media file (CopyTags): *DDP.mp4 Could not find file '*DDP.mp4'."

What was your original source file? (File type). - so I can test and resolve.

And this problem I get with all versions: I have Blu-rays ripped with separate chapters.

This is a known issue (see docs). Splitting an MKV or MP4 with MKVToolNix or Ffmpeg cause issues with the Dolby Reference Player. The split is not always done at a TrueHD key frame so the DRP refuses to accept the file a Atmos. These split chapter files play in every other media player I know (Kodi, VLC, JRiver, Oppo BD players etc) but not DRP.

I have tried all sorts of tricks but split MKVs always fail in DRP. BTW: The developer if MKVToolNix is aware of the issue but won’t fix as it’s deemed too special a requirement (a fix for one media player).

The workaround is to decode the original source MKV file created by MakeMKV with chapters (not split). The Atmos Helper then runs the DRP to decode to a large wav, then splits the wav into chapter files as per the original source MKV file’s chapter markings. So the end result is one interleaved wav file per chapter.

Beta 3 - Atmos Helper:
Missing OpenSVCDecoder.dll, avutil-57.dll & avformat-59.dll (Output M4A or MP4).

Thanks. I’ll add these to next beta installer.

Last edited:
What was your original source file? (File type). - so I can test and resolve.
Multichannel Interleaved WAV

This is a known issue (see docs). Splitting an MKV or MP4 with MKVToolNix or Ffmpeg cause issues with the Dolby Reference Player. The split is not always done at a TrueHD key frame so the DRP refuses to accept the file a Atmos. These split chapter files play in every other media player I know (Kodi, VLC, JRiver, Oppo BD players etc) but not DRP.

I have tried all sorts of tricks but split MKVs always fail in DRP. BTW: The developer if MKVToolNix is aware of the issue but won’t fix as it’s deemed too special a requirement (a fix for one media player).

The workaround is to decode the original source MKV file created by MakeMKV with chapters (not split). The Atmos Helper then runs the DRP to decode to a large wav, then splits the wav into chapter files as per the original source MKV file’s chapter markings. So the end result is one interleaved wav file per chapter.
Thanks for the extensive explanation. I had a hunch that something like that was the problem and used the workaround.
Do you know what tools can split the chapters of mkv/m4a files correctly?

Thanks. I’ll add these to next beta installer.
Thank you for creating such handy tools!

Multichannel Interleaved WAV

So this error your reported earlier is with the Atmos Encoder then? Can you be more specific when reporting issues please.

No probs. Its me. I'm was working on updates to Decoding all day yesterday and stupidly presumed your issue was with decoding. Its Encoding!! Apologies.

Last edited:
So this error your reported earlier is with the Atmos Encoder then? Can you be more specific when reporting issues please.

No probs. Its me. I'm was working on updates to Decoding all day yesterday and stupidly presumed your issue was with decoding. Its Encoding!! Apologies.
No worries,.. I assumed that it was clear because I'm mainly testing the Atmos Helper. I'll add it the next time, like I did with the missing dlls.

I have not found anything yet. If you do please let me know.
I will.

Imho it's pretty stupid that the Dolby Reference Player is so sensitive and it can't recognize and correct Dolby's own format.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 7.0.0 Beta 4 available

Changes:
Merge Video and FLAC tool: Folder Selection dialog now supports multiple folders (CTRL+Click, SHIFT+Click for a range etc) @wkearney99
Atmos Helper tool: Encoding DD+ Atmos to MP4/M4A files now uses MP4box (only if GPAC x64 is installed on same PC) for increased compatibility with DRP and iOS playback @MC_Freak

Download link in to latest MMH 7 beta:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Here is the link to GPAC x64 installer:
https://download.tsi.telecom-paristech.fr/gpac/release/2.2/gpac-2.2-rev0-gab012bbf-master-x64.exe

Last edited:
The Atmos Helper of Beta 4 works like a charm! I've tried every Output Type, you've fixed all errors.

For when you got the time: Is it possible to get around the DRC profiles? (to add "DRC off" to the selection) I know Dolby Media Encoder does not have the option, but I hope that it is possible.
+ Can you add the "Dolby Digital Plus for Blu-ray" format, with the supported bitrates? (for peops who have the Dolby Media Encoder installed)

Last edited:
Hi Garry,
I ripped the new Blu Ray ATMOS-The Dark Side Of The Moon, it has some new layer of protection as it took almost 2-3 minutes to get to the point of selection. Then after that it ripped normally.

Next step tagging with MMH. I used version 7.
No problems using top tab "Split And Rename Concerts", tagged all fine, with the CUE, JRiver Sidecar, etc.
Went to my folder as usual, put the chapters and root rip all in one as I usually do, moved into NAS, imported to JRiver, all as usual.
But, when imported, the root folder went into my video folder of the JRiver, that is good, but my MKV Chapters would not, they went into my audio folder not my video folder in JRiver.

Good news is TDSOTM is gapless so end result is perfect, playing from the video section is what I wanted anyway.
The MKV Chapter files which landed in my audio folder play in my MCH setting but not my ATMOS setting.
I thought well, maybe this is a Version 7 glitch, so I did again with latest version 6, same result.
I did the exact same process, Version 7, with the new TYA Atmos and no problems as usual.

I don't think this is a needed fix with MMH or JRiver, I think it has more to do with the actual BLU RAY of TDSOTM, some kind of protection? I just don't know how to explain it.
BTW, no issues with the ripping, tagging, and playing of the 5.1 and 2.0 Blu Ray of Dark Side using "Extract Audio From MKV" into FLAC files.

I take it Jriver does not do .iso playback, or you guys just like to split into chapters?
I mean I do sometimes, and I use MMH to do it.
I have def run into some weird dics at times for splitting up and/or protection schemes

Last edited:
I take it Jriver does not do .iso playback, or you guys just like to split into chapters?
I mean I do sometimes, and I use MMH to do it.
I have def run into some weird dics at times for splitting up and/or protection schemes
To be honest with you I am not sure what the definition of .iso is? I should.
Garry, has been very helpful with my ripping for JRiver.
JRiver will play MKV (ATMOS) files via it's video section, PC>HDMI out>Pre Pro>amps and speakers, flawless. In this configuration will play gapless, Dark Side Moon, Abbey Road, etc. Most music files are not gapless so I like the chapters because I can tag the chapters with song name, etc.
JRiver will not play MKV chapters from the video section gapless, JRiver will play FLAC files from the audio section gapless.
All the time when playing what I call the root folder, the rip file that comes out of MKV, plays with the menu or video showing with song name on the menu, like Abbey Road, you always know where you are. Dark Side plays this root file perfectly gapless in JRiver, but even if you are playing the hard disc via the blu ray player it does not show track name, first time I have seen that.

Anyway, I am making a lot about nothing really, I do believe it has something to do with the new coding on the new Dark Side Blu Ray. Another fella on another thread said, I'm lucky, he couldn't even get the new blu ray to rip at all.
Garry has told me I can do different, but I am so used to what I am doing for so many years, I just feel comfortable doing the way I know, which is perfect.
Now if all future blu rays change there protection, then we will all likely learn some new ways.

Back