Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the file is recognized by Windows 10 as an install file - there is no option for "run as administrator"

1628294600708.png

Running Music Media Helper.exe brings up the version 5.0.5 GUI.

There should be a new ‘Music Media Helper 5’ shortcut on your desktop that will run MMH 5.

I think updating from MMH 4 is not running nicely by the sounds.

MMH 5 leaves MMH 4 installed so there’s two shortcuts.

It appears the MMH 5 installer is confused and doesn’t complete and run MMH 5 if it’s called from the MMH 4 app’s Update.

I’ll look into solving this.

Sorry for bustin your chops Gary, the way the installer window seems to crash at midpoint I didn't think it was completing.

I think the installer window finishes without showing 100% complete but for some reason MMH5 doesn’t start automatically when called from MMH 4.

Maybe the best way to install MMH 5 is directly from a new download and not via MMH 4’s update? That’s what I did on my test PC this morning without an issue.

I think the installer window finishes without showing 100% complete but for some reason MMH5 doesn’t start automatically when called from MMH 4.
Maybe the best way to install MMH 5 is directly from a new download and not via MMH 4’s update? That’s what I did on my test PC this morning without an issue.
The surprising thing is it just all happens so fast. The installer window opens for all of about 2 seconds and then poof, it's gone. Leaving us sitting there wondering "ok, whats next" LOL. Never seen an install rip by like that.
Anywho, it's all good, we'll get past this soon enough.

With MMH and .NET there’s no old Windows COM technology which required all components to be added/updated in Window s registry. It’s literally just copying files to a folder. So with a fast SSD drive is going to be very fast.

With MMH you can just copy the mmh programs folder to another pc (with .net 5 installed) and it will run, even copying to a folder on your desktop, it doesn’t need to be in your ‘program files’ folder.

So you can have multiple folders with multiple MMH versions if you wanted that.

Without COM it solves many old Windows problems where registry is corrupted or different apps need different versions of same components and installing something new can break another totally unrelated application.

Weeks ago I prepared a WD 5TB easyStore HDD for hub sharing with albums organized into Quad 4.0 and Surround 5.1 folders. The 4.0 FLACs work fine with WIN 10 PCs or OPPO players and older Denon AVR. However, I took it into the living room with Sony X800 BD player and newer Denon AVR-X that only plays the front channels. The 5.0/5.1 FLACs play fine natively.

After the MMH 5.05 install, I brought the HDD back out here and initiated the Remix Channel Layout feature for the first time. I elected to use Remix Folder for Output as an insurance policy. Shortly after launching the process, I started getting two errors that are likely due to the album folder contents which besides FLACs, could include folder.jpg or other PNG images, etc. I tried in advance to clean out any oddball files that didn't serve my purposes here.

Started last night and it was up to 1025 out of 4320 files to process. Now I've accidentally closed the process while closing error messages! Anyhow, here are the errors I encountered:

1. 'FLAC stream not found in starting position' (conflict with FLAC not being first item in the folder?)
MMH Error 1.png

2. Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid? (no idea why this happens)
MMH Error 2.png

Maybe I need to clear off any junk files with a drive level search in the meantime.
Thanks Tim

The surprising thing is it just all happens so fast. The installer window opens for all of about 2 seconds and then poof, it's gone. Leaving us sitting there wondering "ok, whats next" LOL. Never seen an install rip by like that.
Anywho, it's all good, we'll get past this soon enough.
I had my Norton appear to do that, and had to jump in to stop it deleting the installer!

@timbre There is no need to clean any non audio files as MMH only looks for audio files in folders. This won’t be the issue.

If you use the output option ‘Remix Folder’ (not Overwrite) your files will be duplicated so you need a large disc drive if you intend doing many albums.

Your error messages: I have not seen these issues previously.
Is it possible for you to send me a couple of sample source files that cause the errors? You can see the file names in the error messages you posted.

There was a change from MMH4 to MMH5 where MMH5 attempts to process multiple files concurrently, I wonder if this contributes to the issue? Do you still have MMH 4 installed and could try on the problem Album folders? MMH did two files concurrently, MMH does up to 4 concurrently (depending on your processor) which may be too many if your are using a slow USB drive.

Music Media helper 5.0.6 released

Version 5.0.6 (August 8 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: 'Target Gain' now includes option to use independent source channels in Target calculation
Updated 3rd party UI controls & MKVToolNix files
Updated PDF docs

Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: 'Target Gain' - Setting C gain > 0 did not update Target Gain - fixed

Not quite sure if this is an MMH issue or MakeMKV issue. I ripped the All Things Must Pass 50th Blu-ray with MakeMKV. Using Extract Audio from MKV, I successfully ripped all the multichannel audio streams. But with the two Hi-res stereo PCM streams I get the "No data in Box Header" error message. The resulting files are empty.
What did I do wrong? Thanks

Attachments

• Box Header Error.jpg
    Box Header Error.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 43
Not sure but there’s no need to save stereo PCM to m4a format (I’m not sure m4a can handle PCM)

You should convert the stereo streams to FLAC or WAV using MMH and let me know if you have any issues.

Back