Music Media Helper (useful tools for Music Videos & MCH Audio)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Try navigating to the m4a album folders, right-click or long select (hold down until a pop-up menu appears) and click the Rescan Tags option (or equivalent, I can’t remember exact name). Click the option to do a full scan.

HomerJAU

Staff member
how is the mac port coming?
Slower than I was hoping. I’m going to wait until .NET 6 is released before doing much more. A lot of what’s being done in .NET MAUI (the multi platform UI) is based on iOS now. So I’m waiting to see what happens in next couple of months.

kvadro

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
💥 What are the tools used TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY of the mp3 after downloading from Youtube?

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
💥 What are the tools used TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY of the mp3 after downloading from Youtube?
You can't, its very lossy.

mp3 chops out frequencies if they are below a threshold, so you can't add them back in - its why sometimes you'll notice something like a cowbell appears to be more prominent in mp3 compared to the mix straight from CD. Lots of claims of up-sampling & interpolation methods, but once its gone from the source what is it you're adding?

HomerJAU

Staff member
Music Media Helper 5.0.14 released:

Version 5.0.14 (Sept 15 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
MMH Installer: Failed with .NET 5 not installed error when .NET 5 was installed and .NET 4.8 was not - fixed

Changes:
Code cleanup and minor UI changes/fixes
Updated to latest MKVtoolnix and Ffmpeg 4.4 components

HomerJAU

Staff member
Music Media Helper 5.0.15 released:

Version 5.0.15 (Sept 17 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Failed to convert M4A to FLAC or WAV if using drag & drop or from file dialog - fixed

Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Now loads tags in output files (e.g Tags in FLAC converted to from M4A with tags)

timmer

I just ripped some .mlp from a dvd audio disc created mka files with mkvtoonix. when I try and convert the mka files to m4a with MMH it creates zero size files everytime. Any suggestions?

HomerJAU

Staff member
I messaged a link to the mlp file
It looks like the m4a container does not support mlp. I get this error message when attempting to copy an mlp stream from an MKA or using a mlp file directly as the input:

codec not currently supported in container. Could not write header for output file #0

I'll dig deeper but at this stage I have no solution to get mlp into m4a..

I assume you want m4a for tagging support? Are you using Kodi?

I have converted by DVDAs to FLAC. That's one alternative. MLP to FLAC is a lossless conversion.
If you want to keep MLP you could create a CUE file for the MKAs to get 'tags' to work