Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful program. Do you know if their is a FFmpeg command to levelize an mp4/MKV with 5.1 ac3 similar to MP3gain or ReplayGain? I'm converting MCH FLAC to MP4 with ac3 5.1 to play on my iphone/ipad with spatial audio.

I don’t know of any player that reads ReplayGain tags when playing video files. Does the Apple iOS spatial audio player?

You can convert FLAC files with ReplayGain tags to FLAC files with gain changed permanently to match ReplayGain tags, then convert those changed FLACs to AC3.

Homer Is it worthwhile for you to allow the rename files function work with .mlp files? Not looking to tag them just rename them. I sometimes do a quick and dirty DVDA rip and get the mlp files then rename them since the DVDAExplorer just lists the channel assignments vs actual name. Hmm or could they be put in a taggable container I wonder w/o drastically increasing file size.:unsure:
Also I don't see where you have the flac encoder abilitiy in your program or am I just missing it somehow?

Long as I'm rattling on...I could not get the latest version to install over the older one, I had to uninstall the old one then install new one...but I'm thinking there may have been some file corruption as at first Windows didn't wanna install it at all, so I deleted and redownloaded, did clean install and all is good.

Homer Is it worthwhile for you to allow the rename files function work with .mlp files?

How do you play your .mlp files?

I tried getting .mlp into a .M4A file without luck (mlp codec is not supported in m4a). I could try and get mlp into m4a as TrueHD but not many players recognize TrueHD in m4a (Foobar and Kodi do).

I can let .mlp files be renamed in MMH but I'd need to catch any errors if a user attempts to tag (if MMH cannot tag .mlp, I'd need to test)

How do you play your .mlp files?

I tried getting .mlp into a .M4A file without luck (mlp codec is not supported in m4a). I could try and get mlp into m4a as TrueHD but not many players recognize TrueHD in m4a (Foobar and Kodi do).

I can let .mlp files be renamed in MMH but I'd need to catch any errors if a user attempts to tag (if MMH cannot tag .mlp, I'd need to test)
I use Foobar with the DVDA component installed to play .mlp encoded files.

As far as renaming mlp files, I may be the only one want's to do this so don't spend your time on it if you don't think it worthwhile. Even a swiss army knife has it's limitations! I was just wishing for a way to rename about any song as long as no tagging had to be done, I guess.

So how do most people rip DVDA to wav to flac? I mean I could rip mono's but then I still have an extra step of converting to mch flac. So all I've been doing is using the old DVDAExplorer program to just rip the mlp files then play directly in Foobar.

I mean in an ideal world you could mount a DVDA disc or .iso , extract (decode) to wav, then convert (encode) to FLAC. Maybe such program already exists, I don't know.

I had some quad (The Doobie Brothers) files that won't play because one of my AVRs Denon 920W doesn't handle quad flac with kodi passthrough. They just played in stereo. On my other reciever Denon 3700h they play fine in quad. So I converted them with music helper to add a silent center channel. Kodi won't play them now on either system. Flac files seem to be no longer compatible. After having Music Helper create them. Any thoughts?

I don’t think anything has changed recently in MMH that would affect playback after adding silent channels.

I‘ll check it today.

I just tested a quad to 5.0 FLAC remix done in MMH and it played fine in Kodi 19.2 on my PC.

Maybe try to add a silent C and LFE and see if that resolves playback on your AVRs.

Is it possible your FLAC files contain DTS? Some users add a DTS stream to FLAC files and they play as DTS not PCM on your AVR.

If you want you can upload a sample FLAC and I can test that. PM me with a link.

I am having a problem converting m4a files to mkv. The reason I need to convert is that these contain atmos, and I use JRiver for playback. This means I need to bitstream (HDMI) to my AVR for the Atmos decoding. However, JRiver can't 'bitstream' with an audio type container, but can with a video one like mkv.

Here are my steps:
  1. Start Music Media Helper
  2. Check for updates - result: you are using the current version
  3. Under "Audio Tools", click "Extract Audio from MKV"
  4. Set Output dropdown to mkv
  5. Click "Open MKV/MKA/M4A File" button and navigate to and select the .m4a file
  6. Click the "Open" button
Result:
- In Music Media Helper the file is listed under both Current Filename and Proposed New Name, with the .m4a extension.
- In Windows file explorer, the file is no longer present (you may have to navigate to a different folder and comeback to see that).

If I repeat the above steps, but for output I use flac or mka, it works.

Is the problem happening because I'm going from an audio to a video container?

FYI, this command FFmpeg command seems to work ok:
ffmpeg -i "filename.m4a" -c:a copy outputname.mkv

ps: I love Media Music Helper! It is so handy :)

Attachments

• MediaiInfo.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 35
Thanks for reporting this Bill. I’ll check it out this morning and post an update.

(I changed this tool in MMH a while back and caused a few issues. I was hoping it was fixed now. Apologies)

Is there a way to keep the tags intact when converting from M4A to MKA? Thanks!

Matroska (MKA and MKV) uses a complex music tagging system. I don’t know any players that read Matroska audio tags correctly. What are you using?

I am having a problem converting m4a files to mkv.

Music Media Helper 5.0.25 released:

Version 5.0.25 December 6 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Failed converting M4A to MKV - fixed

-----------------------------------------------

I never posted these two previous MMH change logs:

Version 5.0.24 (November 19 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: File renaming did not add extension - fixed (version 5.0.23 regression)
Updated to latest MKVtoolnix v63.0.0 components

Version 5.0.23 (November 6 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: File renaming added extension twice - fixed

Back