Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried it with the latest and confirm that the M4A to MKV conversion is now working. Thank you!! (I'm used to waiting weeks/months for fixes at work, you are awesome) :bowing:

Matroska (MKA and MKV) uses a complex music tagging system. I don’t know any players that read Matroska audio tags correctly. What are you using?

Mp3tag.
Plex server / Kodi with PlexKodiConnect add-on. The tags work fine using the mka's.

Is DTS FLAC TO PCM FLAC in the Remix tools section still working?

Music Media Helper 5.0.26 released.

Version 5.0.26 (December 16 2021)
-------------
Fixes:
Audio Stream selection dialog not showing 'Codec' on 4K monitor with 150% text scaling - fixed
Converting a FLAC with DTS WAV to FLAC with PCM WAV failed - fixed

Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls

Music Media Helper 5.0.28 released.

Version 5.0.28 (December 24 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: MKV and MKA output files now have chapters removed

This makes 'Extract Audio from MKV/MKA' tool consistent with 'Split and Rename Concerts' tool where all chapters are removed in output files. (1 file per chapter with no chapter info)

Music Media Helper 5.0.28 released.

Version 5.0.28 (December 24 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: MKV and MKA output files now have chapters removed

This makes 'Extract Audio from MKV/MKA' tool consistent with 'Split and Rename Concerts' tool where all chapters are removed in output files. (1 file per chapter with no chapter info)

I tried the same files I was processing before and the .MKA outputs still have the 2 chapters per file. The M4A files do not have any chapters in them.

I tried the same files I was processing before and the .MKA outputs still have the 2 chapters per file. The M4A files do not have any chapters in them.

I added new code to remove all chapters after all the chapter files have been created. You'll need to wait until the files are added to the grid (ready for tagging) before checking the .mka chapters have been removed.

Music Media Helper 5.0.29 released.

Version 5.0.29 (January 2 2022)
-------------
Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: With EU regional settings DR file shows incorrect Peak values - fixed
Channel Volume tool: Loading a folder with no audio files gave error message - fixed

Changes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Improved support for M4A files
Updated PDF Docs

Music Media Helper 5.0.30 released.

Version 5.0.30 (January 7 2022)
-------------
Fixes:
Join and Split Audio tool: Error running external program - fixed

(I think this bug is a leftover from the switch to .NET 5, not 100% sure but its been there a while)

Please correct me if im wrong. As of right now, the only logical reason to convert MKA to M4A is for compatible tags with Kodi, correct? Otherwise creating CUE files accomplishes the same thing for Kodi purposes? M4A doesn't correct the bouncy progress bar in Kodi when playing 24 bit MKA? So far the only other advantage I can see is that the length of the track is displayed using M4A when browsing, while the CUE sheet solution doesn't show that info.

Not sure if this is a bug report or just a limitation of MKA --> M4A, but Album, Album Artist, and Year, are not transferred over to the M4A. FYI, I hopelessly tagged my MKA files using MP3Tag before I realized that Kodi couldn't read them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.16.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.16.53 PM.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.41.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 1.41.38 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
You are correct.

.m4a tag support is the only reason. But since tagging is critical for Kodi’s music library all my Atmos music is in fully tagged .m4a files. ’Tags’ read from cue files are very limited (just basic few). I use DiscNumber and Disc Subtitle to split multi disc releases into ‘discs’ in the Kodi UI and MusicBrainzIDs to correctly identify obscure artists.

I’ve logged the Kodi bouncy progressbar bug on the Kodi bug tracker. Hopefully it will get fixed in next update.

Please correct me if im wrong. As of right now, the only logical reason to convert MKA to M4A is for compatible tags with Kodi, correct? Otherwise creating CUE files accomplishes the same thing for Kodi purposes? M4A doesn't correct the bouncy progress bar in Kodi when playing 24 bit MKA? So far the only other advantage I can see is that the length of the track is displayed using M4A when browsing, while the CUE sheet solution doesn't show that info.

Not sure if this is a bug report or just a limitation of MKA --> M4A, but Album, Album Artist, and Year, are not transferred over to the M4A. FYI, I hopelessly tagged my MKA files using MP3Tag before I realized that Kodi couldn't read them.

Pretty sure you won't get the bouncy progress bar if you turn off passthrough and output PCM. Of course you lose Atmos.

Back