Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What version of MMH are you using?

(Edit: Sounds like a bug to me)
Funny you should ask. I just now realized MMH 6 was out there so I upgraded it from MMH 5 about 10 min ago. Still the same problem though. Resampler still converts, but there are no output files.

By “bug”, do you mean a software bug or a system bug?

My test with MMH 6.0.2 is working ok (Quad 192kHz to 96kHz) using the two tested Output Options 'Overwrite Source Files' and 'Remixed Folder (under Source)'.

1646082136465.png

What Output (Resampled) Option are you using?

Maybe you can PM me a link to a small sample file?

My test with MMH 6.0.2 is working ok (Quad 192kHz to 96kHz) using the two tested Output Options 'Overwrite Source Files' and 'Remixed Folder (under Source)'.

View attachment 76531

What Output (Resampled) Option are you using?

Maybe you can PM me a link to a small sample file?
I’ve tried Remix Folder and a User Defined File. The Folder name (or “Remixed”) for the new folder is where it should after a conversion attempt, but it’s always empty. I’ve deleted the empty folder before every next attempt.

I haven’t used Overwrite Source Files (for obvious reasons), but I suppose I could since I have back-ups.

Do the source files just go to my Recycle folder if I choose Overwrite?

I’m a little tied up with work right now, but I’ll try to set-up a file sharing account later today or tonight. Thanks!

No Overwrite kills the original! (No recycle bin). You need to work on a copy of your original or have a backup already done.
Thanks.

Even if worse came to worst and I deleted them, I have the discs.

In lieu of a resampler solution, it just dawned on me it would be quicker and easier to re-rip them (I stiil have the BDMV files saved actually) to 24/96 and then add the silent channel than go one file at a time with something like Audacity!

Easier to Resample than re-rip etc.

I can give you a batch file to Resample all FLACs in a folder if you like?

MMH uses Sox for resampling. You can try Sox or ffmpeg, both are included in MMH.

Copy one of the two sections below (one uses Sox, other ffmpeg) into a text file named 'resample.bat' then copy the .bat file into a folder containing your FLAC files and run it:

1. Using Sox - This is what MMH does:
Code:
if not exist "Output" mkdir "Output"

for %%A IN (*.flac) do (
"C:\Program Files\Music Media Helper 6\Sox.exe" "%%~nA.flac" "Output\%%A" rate -s 96000
)
pause

OR:

2. Using ffmpeg
Code:
if not exist "Output" mkdir "Output"

for %%A IN (*.flac) do (
"C:\Program Files\Music Media Helper 6\ffmpeg.exe" -i "%%~nA.flac" -ar 96000 "Output\%%A"
)
pause

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 6.0.3 released

Version 6.0.3 (March 3 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Updated 3rd party UI controls (incl. fix for slow file dialog)
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Improved support M4A files

Hi Homer,

Some .mka conversions will "complete" for an album in a matter of a few seconds, but the file size output is 0kb. The pattern I find is anything with DVD-A source with MLP seems to be the issue. DVD-A with DTS converts just fine.

Using 6.0.3.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Pat,

Please give more info on the issue:
Are you converting from .mka or to .mka?
What is the source file‘s file extension?

I don’t think MLP from DVD-A is supported in an .mka file. Can you please send me small sample source files for testing?

You can PM me with sample link info or for my email address.

THX
Garry

(Pat sent me info via PM - just for others interested in the resolution)

Thanks for the sample and confirmation of your conversion issue Pat.

I can confirm .m4a cannot currently hold the MLP codec (limitation of the .m4a spec)

However, I'd recommend just converting the .mka MLP to FLAC with MMH which would give you same thing (but lossless MLP converted to lossless PCM) and FLAC can be easily tagged for Kodi like .m4a.

I struggling to get the chapter editor to work. I:

1) Open an mkv file and set the number chapters and hit apply
2) I get the chapter names from Musicbrainz
3) I enter the start times (manual copy paste., why can't I import?) from a cue file
4) Press Save. Something flashes in windows explores but the modification date of my mkv doesn't change and no other files are there (and I don't have chapters in my mkv)

What am I doing wrong?

This is the latest MMH.

1646767518932.png

I tried adding .000 to the end of start times (at least in MMH 5.x) but that didn't change anything.

FYI this is an AWS Atmos encoded mkv. When I sent it up to AWS for encoding the video had chapters, but none came back :cry:

FWIW I was able to do it using ffmpeg instructions here: How to Add Chapters to MP4s with FFmpeg

I used git-2021-02-01-5441699 version of ffmpeg, which is a few days newer than Release 5.0 (in case that is relevant).

I'd still like to know what I'm doing wrong in MMH, however.

Last edited:
I struggling to get the chapter editor to work. I:

What am I doing wrong?

I just tested here and all working fine in 6.0.3

From your screen capture I'm wondering how long your path is?
The mkv/mka file needs to be closed, if it was open in another program it can't save.

I'm happy to help resolve the issue if you can provide more info.

I'll add an option to import for a CUE file in a future MMH update.

MMH Chapter Editor tool currently imports from 'Paste from Clipboard' chapter data based on the www.chapterdb.org format:

CHAPTER01=0000:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=Intro
CHAPTER02=00:02:30.000
CHAPTER02NAME=Baby prepares to rock

etc

And also supports copy and paste in this simple format: ChapterTitle|StartTime with the vertical bar delimiter (one line per chapter)

I’d Have You Anytime|00:00:00.000
My Sweet Lord|00:02:57.760
Wah‐Wah|00:07:38.958

THX
Garry

I did a test with a short path, and no unusual characters in the path:

"E:\Chapter-Test\video.mp4"

The video.mp4 file was not open in any application.

I got the same result in MMH 6. Save flashes, the file in windows explorer flashes, but then its modification time doesn't change and it doesn't have a chapter menu.

I then used ffmpeg to convert the mp4 to an mkv:

ffmpeg.exe" -i "E:\Chapter-Test\video.mp4" "E:\Chapter-Test\video.mkv"

and tried MMH 6 again.

1646850160668.png

restarted MMH 6.

But got the same error dialog.

Back