Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Music Media Helper 6.0.4 released

Version 6.0.4 March 12 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Chapter Editor tool: Add support for CUE importing to name chapters and chapter times - new (MMH converts from cue mm:ss.ff format to hh:mm:ss.nnn)
Updated PDF Docs

Fixes:
Chapter Editor failed on saving chapters in MP4 files - fixed

Music Media Helper 6.0.5 released

Version 6.0.5 (March 16 2022)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Volume tool: Now supports maximum 12 channels (previously 8) - new
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA/M4A tool: Improved support M4A files

Fixes:
Chapter Editor tool: Clean up UI after previous 6.0.4 update changes

Hey Jim.

Are you talking about the Auto gain calculation? I did make a change that ignores calculating FL and FR gain if the Front Target is left at 0. If you change that to -0.5 (or any none 0 value) it works as previous releases.

It seemed like a good idea at the time and 0.5db gain should not affect what you hear but this new option allows FR and FL to remain unaltered is a user wants that. What do you think? If you are not ok with this I can revert to the previous code (Gain calc logic).

THX
Garry

Hi Garry,

I tried that, but it didn't work for me. After that I reduced the volume with the upmix.
Tried the gains and still a slight difference. (See the screenshot).
I would prefer the previous code but that is up to you....
Anyway thanks for your work!

Cheers,
Jim

Attachments

• Screenshot.JPG
    Screenshot.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 83
trying to download for mac and I keep getting windows only, is there a link to the Mac download anywhere?, sorry but i'm old and learning this stuff all the time, I just want to put music from blu-ray onto my iphone in the simplest way possible

HI Mike,

I’m not sure what you want. Please clarify.

I’m pretty sure both MMH and Foobar create a file with individual song DRs with volume info. Do you want the channel volume info too? (Now that I’ve typed this I guess that’s it).

You request: Song DR and channel peak and rms for all songs in a folder (Typically an album folder)

Yes, the statistics. I did it manually and found a bug (foolbar). I'll explain this later. Therefore I used a Penteo upmix of PF Piper At The Gates. It's actually 4.1 (and the reason for the bug in foobar+DR Tool).

It could look like in the statistics_foo.txt example attached. All in one file would be nice as my example (took some time to do this).

"The Bug in foobar":
The mmh screenshot shows correct values, even of the almost quiet center. But if you read foobar's result of 01-Astronomy Domine.foo_dr.txt DR is DR8 which is not correct. I assume the wrong Avg RMS of Channel 3 (center) -1.#J dB.

MMH does it right!(y):).

Attachments

• Piper_Penteo_DR.jpg
    Piper_Penteo_DR.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Statistics_foo.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 01-Astronomy Domine.foo_dr.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 43
Good find! When I wrote the MMH DR calc I wanted it to fix the Foobar issue we (QQ) found on some SACD conversions. Foobar doesn’t deal with ‘nearly’ silent channels correctly, MMH ignores them (treats them as silent).

Depending on it’s levels nearly silent channels can either lower or boost Foobar’s reported MCH DR. But since nearly silent cannot be heard their DR should not be included in the calc. Examples: DR of a low level hum might be DR2 while a hum with a spike (SACD silent channels) may be DR50. Both those when averaged destroy the music channel DR calcs accuracy.

MMH’s ‘Batch Audio Tools’ has a recursive DR calculator that creates a Foobar like dr text file with corrected DR.for all album sub-folders. (I’m pretty sure that tool uses the new MMH DR calc - it’s been a while since I used it)

Last edited:
Indeed! Just did a complete foobar DR scan again and the error remains the same. MMH does calculate it different. And correct!
Great.
MMH generates a summary using batch, but this it not containing the different channel calculation. Perhaps in 6.05. I tried 5.0.32.

Back