Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello from Coober Pedy out in the desert (Opal mining). We’re staying the weekend in an underground house and my phone gets reception here. Lucky we’d booked this place a few weeks ago as huge storm rolled in with torrential rain and dangerous wind!
Troglodytes rule!

FYI: I think Mp3Tag can embed art to .MKVs.

That is what I use for Atmos MKA's.
What I did was under "tools", set it up to open Album Art Downloader when I right click the files within Mp3Tag. I then add the artist and album cover to the files. AAD is set to name album covers "folder" and artist's picture to artist.

I tried to rip 37 hours of audio from a single MKV file but MMH failed after processing 24 hours of audio. Returned an error that said a value in a timestamp was out of range. I assume the tool has an issue with 25 as an hour value but perhaps there is a reason for this behavior. Anyone else run into this?

Error in LoadChaptersFromOriginalMKV: The TimeSpan string '24:31:51:307' could not be parsed because at least one of the numeric components is out of range or contains too many digits.

Hmm, maybe it's that 307 that's out of range.

Anyone else run into this?

I have not seen any reports of issues like this but 37 hours is long. I think there is a hard coded limit of 6 hrs in one of MMH‘s conversions (for CUE files). I should probably increase that. This won’t effect your issue.

I’ll take a look at the code later this morning (6:18 here now) but I may not be able to reproduce the issue as I don’t have anything over about 3hrs I suspect. Maybe I can try to join a file multiple times…

I have 2 blu-ray discs from a box set that are audio archives. I used makemkv to extract 50 and 83 MKV files respectively. That's too many files to use MMH one at a time, so I used MMH to pack them into 2 individual MKVs so I would only have to run 2 audio extractions. Hence, the errors. Obviously I can create more MKVs that are not so long as to trigger the error. Just messes up the track numbering.

No pressure on my account. A nice free tool you've provided. Perhaps there is some automated way to rip the mkv files individually that I missed.

Last edited:
I assume you are using the 'Extract Audio from MKV' tool when you get the error? If so what are you converting the audio to? (FLAC etc)

Running 6.1.0 BETA 1. Whoops. Almost missed that the error moved to another function.

Error in LoadChaptersFromMKVandSplitToAudio: The TimeSpan string '24:31:51:307' could not be parsed because at least one of the numeric components is out of range or contains too many digits.

Last edited:
Hi Garry.
The function in MMH that converts .MKV with PCM audio into .MP4 with .FLAC audio when using "Split & Rename Concerts" is very useful. However, if possible: it would be really great if MMH would accept multiple files to be converted.
Thanks alot
/ Robert

The function in MMH that converts .MKV with PCM audio into .MP4 with .FLAC audio when using "Split & Rename Concerts" is very useful. However, if possible: it would be really great if MMH would accept multiple files to be converted.

I could add that functionality but it will screw with the semi-automated renaming from the MusicBrainz lookup as that assumes all the files are from same release.

Let me take a look at the code and I’ll see what I can do. I guess your main requirement is to shorten your wait time by queuing up a bunch of releases and letting them all process while you do something else. If thats the case you could go back and rename them as separate processes (Using the Tag & Rename tool)?

EDIT: The next major release (6.1.0) will support adding multiple folders in the Tag & Rename tool. You can then select multiple album (or concert) folders to load into the grid for tag editing/file renaming. MMH 6.1 will allow users to select multiple folders from its ‘Folder Select Dialog’, like it does now for its ‘File Select Dialog’ for multiple files. 6.1.0 is still little way off (but I’m working on it currently).

Last edited:
Yes that's correct. My thought was just to convert a bunch of single songs in MKV to MP4.

Maybe there could a new tool, called converter or similar. That would leave the split concerts tool as is.

Thanks. The Extract Audio from MKV tool supports dragging multiple files for conversion. I was thinking the Video splitter might do same. I’ll check it out tomorrow.

Hi Garry,
I just ripped the new Porcupine Tree using MKV and MMH as always, no problems. On this disc, and I think another one before it. the MKV shows Angle 1 with all the selections and Angle 2 with all the selections.
I first ripped Angle 1 and when selected using MMH Chapter Split MKV, MMH could not do it. Then I ripped Angle 2 and MMH had no problem.
The end result with Angle 2 was the audio only, good, but no video, so Angle 2 must be the video for each chapter?
My question is: On my first MKV rip if I included Angle 1 & 2 would MMH merge the video and audio together?

BTW: my youngest daughter a few weeks ago went with her friend to Australia for 10 days. I was going to PM you, but my wife's sister passed and we flew back and forth to Philly and just couldn't get my brain going to call you.
She had a great time.

My question is: On my first MKV rip if I included Angle 1 & 2 would MMH merge the video and audio together?

Currently MMH’s tool to merge video and audio only supports MKV and FLAC. I will update that in next MMH release to support any audio stream.

In the mean time use MKVToolnix (free) to merge any streams from two or more MKV files. It’s pretty straight forward. Load both your MKV files then select the streams you want to add to the output MKV.

Sorry to hear about you wife’s sister. My condolences to you and your family.

Good to hear your daughter liked it downunder. We may have been away from home when she was here as we hired a 4x4 and went bush for a couple of weeks. But my single 25yo daughter would have been happy to show her around if we were not around.

My thought was just to convert a bunch of single songs in MKV to MP4.

I’ll add this in upcoming MMH 6.1.0. (And send you a link to the pre-release beta when this is added). Actually the easiest way for me is to add it to the ‘Extract Audio from MKV’ by adding an option to keep the video stream. Its not the logical place to add it but it’s much easier coding as all the logic is already there.

Back