Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new version of Music Media Helper released today with a couple of fixes:
- Resampling Grid not displaying bit depth and sample rate correctly
- Scraping a Music Concert crash on release selection (in certain circumstances)

To update just unzip/copy zip file contents and overwrite files in your existing MMH folder.

Hi Garry,
getting my feet wet for the first time with MMH.

Tried the Split MKV to FLAC feature and found some issue going on.

Source: BR-A WYWH
Run MakeMKV and select only the 4.0 version -> pf-wywh.mkv

Now, if i load the complete pf-wywh.mkv into the "Split MKV to FLAC" it does find the 5 chapters that are inside... and stop. "Conversion completed in 3.5 sec", but it hasn't converted anything.

Instead, if i split the pf-wywh.mkv into the single 5 chapters, loading each chapter one by one into the "Split MKV to FLAC" each single chapter is correctly converted to flac.

Any hint on what to look for?

Tried the Split MKV to FLAC feature and found some issue going on.

Source: BR-A WYWH
Run MakeMKV and select only the 4.0 version -> pf-wywh.mkv

Now, if i load the complete pf-wywh.mkv into the "Split MKV to FLAC" it does find the 5 chapters that are inside... and stop. "Conversion completed in 3.5 sec", but it hasn't converted anything.

Any hint on what to look for?

I checked this out this morning using my WYWH BD. Created an MKV containing just the Quad LPCM track. Then used 'Split MKV to FLAC'. It created 5 FLAC files in about 40 sec.

Capture.PNG

I looked at the code and added a new error message where I didn't have one which might help debug your issue. (I also fixed a bug regarding finding the artist and album names from the folder name and updated both ffmpeg and MediaInfo libraries to their latest versions, later won't affect your reported issue).

Can you please download the latest version from from previous link and let me now if you now get a error message and what it says?

I also noticed the code to auto scrape MusicBrainz for the track titles is no longer working. I will need to take a look at that next week. In the mean time you can still copy and past a list of tracks (from the clipboard - all at once) to update all the track titles.

Thanks
Garry

Can you please download the latest version from from previous link and let me now if you now get a error message and what it says?

Done.
Error message with new version: The MKV file does not contain chapters so it cannot be split into chapter files. You can use the Launcher tool Create chapters in MKV to add chapters to this file, then split into chapters.

Done.
Error message with new version: The MKV file does not contain chapters so it cannot be split into chapter files. You can use the Launcher tool Create chapters in MKV to add chapters to this file, then split into chapters.

Thanks.

I'm wondering if you are still using the original MKV from the first run you posted. In that post you mentioned it found 5 chapters but failed to split/create the flac files. The message you posted is a usability message.

That message is valid if the MKV file does not contain chapters. You must either add chapters or use a program like MakeMKV to create a new MKV file (MakeMKV will create with chapters by default)

Thanks.

I'm wondering if you are still using the original MKV from the first run you posted. In that post you mentioned it found 5 chapters but failed to split/create the flac files. The message you posted is a usability message.

That message is valid if the MKV file does not contain chapters. You must either add chapters or use a program like MakeMKV to create a new MKV file (MakeMKV will create with chapters by default)

Yes, the file is the same.

Further test; first of all, let's name the last application 3.01 and the first one i dl 3.00

A)
3.00: Split MKV into Flac: see the 5 chapters but it doesn't start the conversion process, so it ends in 3.5 sec.
3.01: Split MKV into Flac: error message "this file has no chapters..." and crash.

B)
3.00: Split and rename Concerts: see the chapters and split correctly into the single files.
3.01: Split and rename concerts: error message "this file has no chapters..." and crash.

C)
3.00: Split MKV into Flac: loading one by one the single chapters files created above (B) it does encode them in flac.
3.01: Split MKV into Flac: loading one by one the single chapters files created above (B) error message "this file has no chapters..." and crash.

Same results also with a different file, Chicago T.A. 4.0 dts.

Maybe there's something to change into the MakeMKV settings?

Yes, the file is the same.

Further test; first of all, let's name the last application 3.01 and the first one i dl 3.00 ...

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

Fixed now (update ready on same link). Classic IBM error (Idiot Behind Machine) by me. After making the last change to display any error I also decided to update a couple of components and didn't test!!! I actually copied the wrong file!!!!

BTW: In the 'About' menu on the Launcher dialog there is a version number

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

Fixed now (update ready on same link). Classic IBM error (Idiot Behind Machine) by me. After making the last change to display any error I also decided to update a couple of components and didn't test!!! I actually copied the wrong file!!!!

BTW: In the 'About' menu on the Launcher dialog there is a version number

Tested 3.0RC5, it does behave exactly as the first one i tried.

DELETED.

I will look at this again. Really not sure what the issue is...

Could it be related to MakeMKV or some of its settings? What version are you using? Mine is 1.10.5.

DELETED.

I will look at this again. Really not sure what the issue is...

Doesn't seem to be OS-related.
I have tried this morning the program on a different machine and the result is the same.
For the record: original pc where i tried first is a AMD 4Gb ram Win 7 64 bit; the second one that i've tried this morning is Intel 2Gb ram Win 10 32 bit.

One question: would be possible to do a similar "Split MKV to Flac" page where is possible to load the already-splitted MKV and then do the flac encode and tag rename as it is? At least it can be a workaround until the real issue going on is clear.

Doesn't seem to be OS-related.
I have tried this morning the program on a different machine and the result is the same.
For the record: original pc where i tried first is a AMD 4Gb ram Win 7 64 bit; the second one that i've tried this morning is Intel 2Gb ram Win 10 32 bit.

One question: would be possible to do a similar "Split MKV to Flac" page where is possible to load the already-splitted MKV and then do the flac encode and tag rename as it is? At least it can be a workaround until the real issue going on is clear.

Yes I can do that.

I am using the latest version of MakeMKV to rip the initial MKV. What version are you using?

I will look into this issue tomorrow. I've been busy over last couple of days.

Yes I can do that.

I am using the latest version of MakeMKV to rip the initial MKV. What version are you using?

I will look into this issue tomorrow. I've been busy over last couple of days.

Should be same as your, since i dl'it one week ago.

A updated version is now available that fixes a couple of issues in the 'MKV to FLAC' conversion tool.

Fix: Failed if Windows Regional Settings were set to show decimal points as commas (typically in many European countries - Thanks to Winopener's help!)
Also improves auto album release meta data scrapping from MusicBrainz in the MKV to FLAC tool.

Download from an updated link in post #17

Updated version on same links as posted earlier.

Changes:
  • Added new tool to Rename Media Files. This supports semi-automated renaming of all selected files by pasting from a text list (e.g in Windows 'Copy' a list of song titles from a text file, then 'paste from clipboard' to rename all files with one command)
  • Added new options in the audio 'Resample' dialog to:
Remove Channel 3 (e.g. Silent centre) from a 5 channel audio file. Making it a quad file.
Remove Channel 3 and 4 (e.g. Silent centre and silent sub) from a 5.1 audio file. Making it a quad file.​
There is also a 'Add silent channel' to a quad file too option - Some AVRs don't play 4 channel files, they need 5 channel (with a silent centre)​

• A few bug fixes
  • Updated PDF docs

A new version has just been updated to include a new 'Remix Audio' tool with 7.1 to 5.1 conversion of FLAC and WAV.

The new remix option mixes the Right Rear and Right Side surround channels together, same for left surround channels.

There is an option to overwrite source files or create remixed files in a sub-folder of source (named 'Remixed')

There are also remix options for adding/removing channels for quad tracks. Thesze were previously in the 'Resample Audio' tool - now moved to 'Remix'

Remix71to51.PNG

You can download from same URL as posted earlier in this thread

Last edited:
I managed to download it eventually but I got an error message a few times I tried saying the file does not exist, the file I managed to download has a size= 62.067M and has some files in the zip dated 16/11/17 so seems Ok as you're ahead of us in the UK.

A new version has just been updated to include a new 'Remix Audio' tool with 7.1 to 5.1 conversion of FLAC and WAV.

The new remix option mixes the Right Rear and Right Side surround channels together, same for left surround channels.

There is an option to overwrite source files or create remixed files in a sub-folder of source (named 'Remixed')

There are also remix options for adding/removing channels for quad tracks. Thesze were previously in the 'Resample Audio' tool - now moved to 'Remix'

Remix71to51.png

You can download from same URL as posted earlier in this thread

Hi Duncan,

Can you please provide more info on your error message? What file is missing?

THX
Garry

Thanks Duncan. The correct URL is here:

EDIT: I've removed the old link as its no longer valid

Back