Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Garry, can you give me some advice for batch changing my dts encoded FLAC files made with Audiomuxer to standard PCM FLACs?

I am not even sure this can be done but I am just trying to figure out if I can and how much trouble it will be.

Problem is if I play a standard pcm FLAC and follow that in the playlist a DTS FLAC, all my players choke and I only get static.

For compatibility reasons I am thinking about converting all of them to standard FLAC even though the file size may increase. Thanks in advance!

I can help you out as MMH already has tools for batch conversion. Maybe I can mod one to decode DTS FLACs to wav and reencode. There’s already a tool to reencode FLACs in batch mode. Can you please send me a link to just a single DTS encoded FLAC for me to test?

I am planning to release a new MMH version today, it might be a very easy mod. Just need to workout best way to decode DTS FLACs to wav

I can help you out as MMH already has tools for batch conversion. Maybe I can mod one to decode DTS FLACs to wav and reencode. There’s already a tool to reencode FLACs in batch mode. Can you please send me a link to just a single DTS encoded FLAC for me to test?

I am planning to release a new MMH version today, it might be a very easy mod. Just need to workout best way to decode DTS FLACs to wav

Not sure how to best send you a file?

Do you have a standard .dts file on your PC? Running it through the dts to wav/ flac in Audiomuxer takes seconds.

I will PM you. Thanks again.

It looks like I need to do the following:
  • Convert DTS embedded FLAC to a dts file
  • Convert dts file to mch FLAC
  • copy tags from original DTS embedded FLAC to new FLAC
I need to specify the PCM file structure. Will ALL the DTS FLACs be 16 bit 44.1kHz?

Would it be ok if I ended with :
delete Original file and rename new FLAC to original FLAC?

That is, I'd effectively overwrite your original files with the PCM FLACs.

I would suggest you backup your originals before using this.

Evan:

I need to specify the PCM file structure.

Will ALL your DTS FLACs be 16 bit 44.1kHz? Or do I need to allow you to specify. I guess you will have 16/48, 24/48, 24/96 from DVD and BD?

It looks like I need to do the following:
  • Convert DTS embedded FLAC to a dts file
  • Convert dts file to mch FLAC
  • copy tags from original DTS embedded FLAC to new FLAC
I need to specify the PCM file structure. Will ALL the DTS FLACs be 16 bit 44.1kHz?

Would it be ok if I ended with :
delete Original file and rename new FLAC to original FLAC?

That is, I'd effectively overwrite your original files with the PCM FLACs.

I would suggest you backup your originals before using this.
Evan:

I need to specify the PCM file structure.

Will ALL your DTS FLACs be 16 bit 44.1kHz? Or do I need to allow you to specify. I guess you will have 16/48, 24/48, 24/96 from DVD and BD?

That would probably be better to have the original specs but I doubt anyone could hear the difference if they all were @ 16/44.

Maybe I can read each file and set the PCM output format based on source format.

I probably won't get this completed today. I'll add it asap but it will miss today's release.

Maybe I can read each file and set the PCM output format based on source format.

I probably won't get this completed today. I'll add it asap but it will miss today's release.

Considering the dts, whether 24/96, 24/48 or 16/44.1 will be within a standard stereo PCM of 16/44.1 or 16/48 will it be too complicated to base it on the source format of the dts?

Ok thanks. I think its only bit depth, 16 or 24 so I may implement that. Would you have a sample 24 bit DTS in FLAC test file please? Don't worry if you don't.

I'll work on implementing this tomorrow.

MMH Version 3.8.2 Released:

Updated Documentation (overdue)

Updated New Penteo Tagging Tool:
Added new Search for Artwork dialog (auto album download artwork from fanart.tv and/or search folders on your PC and network)
Added ability to open an album folder in Windows Explorer from the album grid (double-click)

See info here with screenshots:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ool-to-aid-penteo-upmixers.27804/#post-472739
Rename and tagging Tool:
Added new Search for Artwork dialog (auto album download artwork from fanart.tv) and tag files with cover.

MKV to FLAC conversion Tool:
Added new Search for Artwork dialog (auto album download artwork from fanart.tv) and tag files with cover.

All above tools, improved speed of Musicbrainz online database searches

The new MusicBrainz file Tagging screen, now with Find Artwork on fanart.tv with download and cover art tagging:
RenameFilesTagging2.png

Last edited:
Just finished converting my dtsma blurays to flac with mkh and music media helper All went well.... except....My quadio chicago box flac files (and psch pill by neil) have jitter in them. The dynamic range is there but the jittery sound makes them unlistenable. Is there some setting in mmh that will fix this?

Ok thanks. I think its only bit depth, 16 or 24 so I may implement that. Would you have a sample 24 bit DTS in FLAC test file please? Don't worry if you don't.

I'll work on implementing this tomorrow.

Cool. I will send a 24/96 dts over. Thought I did yesterday but looking back to what I sent, it may have not made it over.

Is there some setting in mmh that will fix this?

I’ve never seen or heard of that issue.

The Chicago Quadio is 4.0 and many AVRs won’t play pure quad. My two Denons play quad as stereo (front channels only, rear channels missing). Is it possible you are hearing a stereo or stereo upmix being done by your AVR processing?

You may need to add a silent centre or C and LFE to fix (MMH Remix tool).

The Quadio is also 192kHz isn’t it? Maybe Multichannel 192/24 is an issue with your player?

My player does 96/24, so that must be the reason. Can I get the 192/24 to convert to 96/24 somehow?

MMH Version 3.8.2 Released:

Updated Documentation (overdue)

Updated New Penteo Tagging Tool:
Added new Search for Artwork dialog (auto album download artwork from fanart.tv and/or search folders on your PC and network)
Added ability to open an album folder in Windows Explorer from the album grid (double-click)

See info here with screenshots:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ool-to-aid-penteo-upmixers.27804/#post-472739
Rename and tagging Tool:

MKV to FLAC conversion Tool:

All above tools, improved speed of Musicbrainz online database searches

The new MusicBrainz file Tagging screen, now with Find Artwork on fanart.tv with download and cover art tagging:
RenameFilesTagging2.png
Wow Garry, you have really been doing some advanced work. I am excited to try it and fearful at the same time.

Back