Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I have the oppo set up for 4 large speakers so the lfe and center are combined, then sent through the OPPOs rca outs to vintage gear. The only discs I have found that must have a center channel are those pesky doors discs. I do intend to experiment with this and see if there is a difference. I am now looking for a sound card with 4 rca inputs so I can digitize my quad reel tapes to 96/24. I checked older posts and they all have sound cards with the larger pci connector and not the smaller pcie. Mt pc is a dell xps 870 with windows pro 7. Any ideas for a sound card that could do this?..

Right now I have the oppo set up for 4 large speakers so the lfe and center are combined, then sent through the OPPOs rca outs to vintage gear. The only discs I have found that must have a center channel are those pesky doors discs. I do intend to experiment with this and see if there is a difference. I am now looking for a sound card with 4 rca inputs so I can digitize my quad reel tapes to 96/24. I checked older posts and they all have sound cards with the larger pci connector and not the smaller pcie. Mt pc is a dell xps 870 with windows pro 7. Any ideas for a sound card that could do this?..

Might be easier to do two channels at a time and edit with multichannel software.

MMH Version 3.8.3 Released:

Changes:
Remix Tool: Add new option to Convert 2 ch DTS encoded FLAC to 6ch PCM FLAC (retaining tags and cover art from original files)
Minor 'tweaks' to the Penteo Tool (improved code after using it myself)

The new Click-Once Installer package is now on my server. The zip package is still uploading (Google Drive is slowwwwww since CV has everyone at home surfing the net and watching Netflix...)

getting this message preventing install:
ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/Music Media Helper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [3/19/2020 10:13:37 PM] : Activation of https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh/Music Media Helper.application has started.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:39 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:39 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:39 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:41 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:41 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [3/19/2020 10:13:41 PM] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Internal.I... (TRUNCATED)

CHINESE to me...

Last edited:
Is this your first MMH update since 3.8 was released about 3 weeks ago?

If you go to Windows Settings, Apps and uninstall the previous version, then try the install again, that should solve the problem.

Last edited:
MMH Version 3.8.3 Released:

Changes:
Remix Tool: Add new option to Convert 2 ch DTS encoded FLAC to 6ch PCM FLAC (retaining tags and cover art from original files)
Minor 'tweaks' to the Penteo Tool (improved code after using it myself)

The new Click-Once Installer package is now on my server. The zip package is still uploading (Google Drive is slowwwwww since CV has everyone at home surfing the net and watching Netflix...)

Tested Stormwatch which is 24/96 DTS. I already had it ripped and tagged to a FLAC wrapper using the Audiomuxer conversion tool.

43 seconds later I had a standard PCM FLAC with all tags intact!

Thank you! What an amazing tool that keeps getting better.

There’s a few companies that do multichannel audio interfaces. I bought one of these as it was cheap, not sure it its any good.

https://www.behringer.com/Categorie...HD/p/P0BK1/Videos?active=Videos#googtrans(en|
Hi Garry
Just got one of those Gizmo's, just waiting on RCA input adapters, then should be aok.
Is there any software you recommend to record the input to the PC?
I heard Audacity is reasonable but that some folk find it is intermittent in its operation.
This will be via the Involves 'Little Bluey'.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
I used Audacity. I didn’t spend too much time with it as it was about the time we were selling our previous house and everything got packed away for buyer inspections. Since I moving into my new place Ive not unpacked it.

I also bought a little DAC to use as all my stereo music was in FLAC from my discs. Foobar stereo out to DAC to Surround Master to UMC404HD to USB to Audacity to record. Although I’d probably use Reaper DAW now since I have it instead of Audacity (Reaper 60day free trial)

Music Media Helper 3.8.6 released: This won't effect most users here, its all changes to Music Videos (Concerts) when using Kodi.

Changes:
Rename/Tag Media Files
tool now supports 'Audio' and 'Video' file renaming - This is the tool to use to rename Concert Videos already split into chapters. When renaming videos there's a new dialog to set Music Video NFO info manually for the concert (added new genre and Year)

Split & Rename Concerts tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). This supports copy 'n' paste a list of track names to rename from

Scrape a Concert Folder tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). There is no need to Scrape to create the NFO files. Scraping only gets the cover art and fanart (if found on TMDB).

Batch Creation Tools (Videos) - now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year) for each folder

The new Music Video dialog:
images%2FMusicConcertInfo.PNG

Additional changes:
Updated latest 3rd Party components

Docs are now updated with new screen grabs and info related to above changes

Download links on OP.

Last edited:
Music Media Helper 3.8.6 released: This won't effect most users here, its all changes to Music Videos (Concerts) when using Kodi.

Changes:
Rename/Tag Media Files
tool now supports 'Audio' and 'Video' file renaming - This is the tool to use to rename Concert Videos already split into chapters. When renaming videos there's a new dialog to set Music Video NFO info manually for the concert (added new genre and Year)

Split & Rename Concerts tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). This supports copy 'n' paste a list of track names to rename from

Scrape a Concert Folder tool now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year). There is no need to Scrape to create the NFO files. Scraping only gets the cover art and fanart (if found on TMDB).

Batch Creation Tools (Videos) - now adds a new dialog during NFO creation to set Music Video NFO info manually (added new genre and Year) for each folder

The new Music Video dialog:
images%2FMusicConcertInfo.PNG

Additional changes:
Updated latest 3rd Party components

Docs are now updated with new screen grabs and info related to above changes

Download links on OP.

I am having trouble upgrading? Any suggestions? I tried the manual zip too and it didn't work either.

Back