Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Garry, been trying to update MMH app, and I keep getting this message, I know I have good internet connection. It's on my Win. 10 NUC, any help please?

MMH CONNECT.jpg

Hey Garry, been trying to update MMH app, and I keep getting this message

Version 4 has a totally new auto update system which is not compatible with version 3.x. You need to uninstall 3.x from Control Panel, Apps. Then download the latest installer in the first post here. Once 4.0 is installed you’ll get auto notifications of future updates.

Version 4 uses a conventional MSI installer and installs in your Programs (x86) folder. Creates an MMH shortcut in your start menu and a desktop shortcut. When an update is available you’ll see a list of changes in the notification.

The new update system seems to work without any issues. The previous Click-Once auto update system had issues for most users.

But your post reminded me I should be able to get 3.x to install 4.0 So users don’t get the error you posted. I’ll check that out this week.

Newbie here. I’ve tried to use the 7.1 to 5.1 remix function to create 5.1 flacs (from 7.1 flacs) for Abbey Road & REM’s Auto For The People, but I keep getting exact 7.1 flac copies as the output in the “remix” folder.

Is there something obvious I’m doing wrong?

Newbie here. I’ve tried to use the 7.1 to 5.1 remix function to create 5.1 flacs (from 7.1 flacs) for Abbey Road & REM’s Auto For The People, but I keep getting exact 7.1 flac copies as the output in the “remix” folder.

Is there something obvious I’m doing wrong?

Just tested it with the latest version, 4.0.7, and it worked fine.

I’ll check this out today. Can you please confirm your MMH version? I
I just downloaded it last night and I checked for updates this am, so I assume it’s the latest version.

Even though the software seems completely intuitive, I‘m assuming it’s operator error - not a software issue.

EDIT: Just checked. It’s 4.0.7.

Hey, Gary, is there anyway to convert some 7.1 flac files (thinking GHS) back to separate MKV files in MMH or other software?

FLAC to MKV means FLAC into an MKV container. Is that what you want?

MMH can merge FLAC into an existing MKV
MKVToolnix can create an MKA (Matroska Audio) from a FLAC

Splitting the MKV retains the original video and audio streams from the input MKV. So if you have an Atmos audio stream your split MKVs will have Atmos

So in MMH then, you're saying you have to start with the original MKV file and split from there, (not convert the flac files into an MKV container?)

I just tested 7.1 Flac's inserted into a mkv with Audiomuxer and it didn't work. I played but no audio.

So it looks like 7.1 flac support using usb is nonexistent. :(

I will try a couple other things.

Why not use MMH to convert the 7.1 to 5.1? 5.1 Flacs definitely works. I just tested it...

Back