Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks G.

The 4.0 Auto Update will show progress of the download at bottom. When the D/L it completed MMH should auto close and install the update. Maybe the D/L never completed for some reason? (internet or server issue, or you closed MMH too soon?)

See how it goes on next update and please report f there's more issues. It download to the normal user Downloads folder and installs in c:\program files (x86)\Music Media Helper\ folder

....but outside of that, I think MMH is doing what it's supposed to. I was splitting an mka and was able to get the app to find the track listing, but I need to work on that. I was in a hurry and finally pasted the tracks in a text file then copied each track name individually to name each chapter. I was thinking it was supposed to paste all but I don't have much experience using the app at this point with .mka files

Thanks G.

The 4.0 Auto Update will show progress of the download at bottom. When the D/L it completed MMH should auto close and install the update. Maybe the D/L never completed for some reason? (internet or server issue, or you closed MMH too soon?)

See how it goes on next update and please report f there's more issues. It download to the normal user Downloads folder and installs in c:\program files (x86)\Music Media Helper\ folder
Will do! I have my downloads remapped to my K drive, not a problem usually but maybe you have hard coded it?

Hey Gary, can MMH handle and break thd files into chapters; doesn't look like there's anyway to split MKV Atmos files into chapters?
It splits full MKV files into chapters. The Atmos would just be another audio stream in the MKV file. Why wouldn't it split that into chapters just like any other MKV?

@HomerJAU - just got done splitting the Goats Head Soup MKV files in MMH (Very Handy :)) and here's what it shows.
Notice that there's two Star Star files created, one about 3.32MB and the other 1.04GB, so what's that one at only 3.32MB? Haven't checked it out on my main oppo system yet.
And should those files include the Atmos mix if I ripped the correct files (for down mix purposes only?)

GHS MKV SPLIT MMH.jpg

You can delete the very small file. Play it, it’s probably just a few milliseconds.

Chapter markers on BDs are sometimes not quite right (time wise) also there’s often an extra chapter for credits or by error.

MMH can also extract and split your MKV with chapters to FLAC, WAV and M4A (m4a is the only file that has a copy of the original codec aka Atmos, TrueHD, DTS-HDMA, DTS etc for decoding during playback). The audio tool for this also tags files with an internet lookup of the Artist and Album Names - these must be named correctly to find a match on the MusicBrainz database)

Last edited:
....but outside of that, I think MMH is doing what it's supposed to. I was splitting an mka and was able to get the app to find the track listing, but I need to work on that. I was in a hurry and finally pasted the tracks in a text file then copied each track name individually to name each chapter. I was thinking it was supposed to paste all but I don't have much experience using the app at this point with .mka files

I missed your post yesterday...

There’s an option to Paste the entire text file track list to rename all files. You just need to copy all the text in the file (select All, CTRL-C, then use the paste button in the paste dialog).

Theres a tool to Rename too.

Check the PDF docs.

Music Media Helper 4.0.9 Released:

Version 4.0.9 (September 23 2020)
-------------
Fixes:
Extract MKV to Audio Tool: MusicBrainz tagging. Certain scenarios Artist name contained ID - fixed
Rename/Tagging Tool: 'Tag Only' button was invisible - fixed
MusicBrainz Tagging: Failed to load releases without release 'Year' - fixed

Changes:
MusicBrainz Tagging: Now uses a 'fuzzy search' for Album Name (no longer needs to be an exact match)
Extract MKV to Audio Tool: Can now rename files more than once in a session
Rename/Tagging Tool: Can now rename files more than once
Rename/Tagging Tool: Now checks for possible duplicate filename prior to renaming
Split and Rename Concerts: Can now rename files more than once in a session
Split and Rename Concerts: Now checks for possible duplicate filename prior to renaming

I open MMH, notice there is an update available, click the Check For Updates up top.
Window says I have version x would I like to update now I click yes.
Instantly another message box/window pops up and says it's downloaded do I want to quit and install it
(at bottom of app it says "downloaded" or similar from what I remember)
I click yes.
I look in downloads folder it's not there.
Same as before.
I mean I guess it all looks right, it's just automatically jumping to the "downloaded" message but not downloading anything.
No way it could that fast anyway.
So I'm about to go grab it myself.
That's all I know.

Thanks for the info I’ll check it out today.

The download is relatively slow, you’ll see the bottom version number text change to an incrementing byte count. I think it takes about a minute or so to download. It’s supposed to automatically close MMH when completed and run the installer.

I may have to add logging so I can find out what’s going on on your PC.

Hey Gary, can MMH handle and break thd files into chapters; doesn't look like there's anyway to split MKV Atmos files into chapters?

The first tool Splits an MKV into chapters saving as an MKV. You can rename the files in bulk by copying a list of tracks in a text file or copied from a web page etc, but you can’t tag (MKV file’s are video files and audio tags won’t be read by any player I know).

Music Media Helper 4.0.10 Released:

Version 4.0.10 (September 25 2020)
-------------
Fixes:
Auto Update would fail to download new MMH version if user moved default Windows Download folder - fixed

Changes:
If Update download is not installed by user the Installer location is now displayed

I can confirm that m4a files do not play in Kodi 18.8 (latest official release). They do play in Kodi 19 alpha 1 (Kodi 19 will be officially released in coming months).

BTW: I’m running Kodi 19 alpha 1 on my Intel NUC8 running Win10 wth no issues. This also plays 4K videos with HDR which is the reason I moved to Kodi 19 Win10 (Kodi 19 for Linux is not yet in alpha release)
Are the settings transferred from 18 when you install v19?

I can confirm that m4a files do not play in Kodi 18.8 (latest official release). They do play in Kodi 19 alpha 1 (Kodi 19 will be officially released in coming months).

BTW: I’m running Kodi 19 alpha 1 on my Intel NUC8 running Win10 wth no issues. This also plays 4K videos with HDR which is the reason I moved to Kodi 19 Win10 (Kodi 19 for Linux is not yet in alpha release)

Were you able to get m4a files to play gapless? Sadly they didn't for me.

For the very few Atmos music rips I have, I think for now I am going to keep them in MKV format, and store them in my music video library, within Kodi. Just need to iron out the best way to sort them so I can get the Atmos music collection to only show if need be?

Back