Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the settings transferred from 18 when you install v19?

I changed from Linux to Windows, so it was a completely new system starting from scratch.

With Linux (LibreElec/CoreElec) upgrades settings are retained. Probably The same with Windows, but I’m not 100% sure.

Were you able to get m4a files to play gapless? Sadly they didn't for me.

For the very few Atmos music rips I have, I think for now I am going to keep them in MKV format, and store them in my music video library, within Kodi. Just need to iron out the best way to sort them so I can get the Atmos music collection to only show if need be?

I haven’t noticed whether m4a’s are playing Gapless.

I still have some Atmos albums as MKAs with an album CUE file. As long as the MKVs files have no chapters then Kodi reads the CUE and adds MKA file’s to its audio library. EDIT: MMH has a tool to split an MKV to MKA and create a CUE

Last edited:
I haven’t noticed whether m4a’s are playing Gapless.

I still have some Atmos albums as MKAs with an album CUE file. As long as the MKVs files have no chapters then Kodi reads the CUE and adds MKA file’s to its audio library.

Trying to keep everything plex server compatible so cue files are a no go for me. MKV's seems like a good compromise if I can figure out a good sorting method.

Music Media Helper 4.0.12 Released:

Version 4.0.12 (October 15 2020)
-------------
Changes:
Batch Audio Tool: Added support for DSF, WAV, M4A files
3rd party tools updated (ffmpeg, MKVMerge, MediaInfo)

Thanks Duncan. I noticed uploading to my Microsoft Azure Server was faster than normal today. Maybe they increased their old limit?

Got any way to parse and split into chapters/tracks an Atmos m2ts from Blu - Ray when the mpls file is missing/damaged?
Or is that just too much hassle to code for?

Convert the M2TS to MKV, using MKVMerge but since the chapter data is in the mpls (playlist) it won’t have chapters. There’s a tool in MMH to create chapters in an MKV you need to enter each chapter start time, once the chapters are in the MKV it’s business as usual.

MMH has MKVMerge in its programs folder. Command line to convert is:

”c:\program files ((x86)\music media helper\mkvmerge.exe” -o output.mkv input.m2ts

You need double quotes if file names or folder names have spaces

EDIT: Adding Chapters to MKV in MMH:

https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh4/Music Media Helper Documentation.pdf#page30

Last edited:
Convert the M2TS to MKV, using MKVMerge but since the chapter data is in the mpls (playlist) it won’t have chapters. There’s a tool in MMH to create chapters in an MKV you need to enter each chapter start time, once the chapters are in the MKV it’s business as usual.

MMH has MKVMerge in its programs folder. Command line to convert is:

”c:\program files ((x86)\music media helper\mkvmerge.exe” -o output.mkv input.m2ts

You need double quotes if file names or folder names have spaces

EDIT: Adding Chapters to MKV in MMH:

https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh4/Music Media Helper Documentation.pdf#page30

Glad to know your "little" program has incorporated such capabilities. :)

Nice, will it only work with mkv or AnyDVD isos too?

Full menu support of blu-ray iso's is hit and miss. DVD iso's work well if I remember correctly. MKV video is perfect with a limitation of Dolby Vision/Atmos combination.

Today I ripped my new BOOKA SHADE -Dear Future Self BD using MakeMKV; then opened in MMH and split the MKV files and then down converted and tagged to 5.1 flac.
Very helpful, since this title has no 5.1 mix that I could find; only a Dolby Atmos mix. (*Great surround mix BTW! 😄)

BOOKA SHADE DFS.jpg

What is the best way to go 640kbps Dolby Digital (new Lennon blu-ray) directly to FLAC, to put as an optional listen on my Plex server? TIA.

Create an MKV from your disc including all the audio streams. When using MMH Extract Audio Tool select the DD 5.1 stream and convert to FLAC. If the original DD stream is 640kbps then it’s a lossy and converted to FLAC after the decode, and appear to be lossless (but it’s a still a lossy decode).

You might need to tag it as a different album e,g GST (DD 5,1)

I thought I down mixed the MKV Atmos to flac 5.1, but now I can't seem to remember how I did it in MMH- help please???

MMH can Remix 7.1 FLAC to 5.1 (Remix tool option). It can’t do Atmos to 5.1. You’d need to Extract the 7.1 TrueHD/Atmos stream to 7.1 FLAC, then use the remix tool to go from 7.1 to 5.1.

Are you shure, that you can ATMOS convert into FLAC and play them back?
I think, it doesn't work, you'll get a normal Multi-Channel-Sound (5.1 or 7.1).

Am I right? I didn't check it yet ...

Are you shure, that you can ATMOS convert into FLAC and play them back?
I think, it doesn't work, you'll get a normal Multi-Channel-Sound (5.1 or 7.1).

Am I right? I didn't check it yet ...
Yeah, it’s all so confusing, I’m thinking it’s the Atmos 7.1 version with the height data already folded down into basic 7.1 then converted into the 5.1 :unsure:
Who the hell knows what differences in the mix we’re really getting! That would take some serious sleuthing 🕵️‍♂️ when listening to something known extremely well by the listener. But then if you’ve never heard what’s supposed to be in the heights and where in the infinite object oriented space it’s placed; how could we have an iota of a clue.

Maybe Escher knows

1603373032072.jpeg

Back