Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, and FYI...Donald Fagen Kamakiriad (DVDA), of course a PCM album, finished successfully. It looks like it's a DSD issue with maybe the trimming MMH is trying to do (temp-temp-files?).

Regardless, VERY cool tool. Thanks for the work. (y)

I get this error at every track

I just tested my SACD Sea Change album Delay fix (all files as a batch) and all went well.

Can you please check if you have enough spare disc space. MMH creates copies of each file as in converts. Some DSF files are huge. Yours are 1.3GB each.

My DSF files are smaller than yours. Example:

First track is 574,273 KB compared to your 1.3 GB. I wonder if Sox doesn't like high rate DSD? Although it did the first couple ok.

Audio
Format :DSD
Format/Info :Direct Stream Digital
Commercial name :DSD64
Format settings :Little
Duration :4 min 37 s
Bit rate :16.9 Mb/s
Channel(s) :6 channels
Channel layout :L R C Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate :2 822 kHz

Nightfly (DSD) was smooth sailing, although largest file was 740MB. I will try another large file DSD album (even if it doesn't need it) just to test file limitation idea. By the way, the other unique thing about Sea Change (OH Delay!!) is that it had just previously been MMH'd for FL/FR phase, if that makes any difference.

So I tried Pieter Wispelwey Concerto for Cello and it completed the first track (1.5GB) but skipped track 2 and threw an error on track 3 ("could not find part of"); both tracks are smaller than track one but still large than a gigabyte. Track 4, a 2.2GB track, completed successfully. So, in summary the remix folder contains tracks 1 and 4 with new date modified listings, and track 2 with its original 2018 time stamp...and no track 3. Go figure.

Attachments

• cover_c275x275.jpg
    cover_c275x275.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 60
Well, I've got 150GB left on C, and I have 8 GB RAM. Dunno. Seems like Sox doesn't like large DSD files, but doesn't explain why Wispelwey tracks 1 and 4 succeeded. Oh well....not a big issue right now.

Update: As I said in post 520 I made a copy of Sea Change (DSD) for test purposes. With the test folder I first did the front channels invert (replace source file) then attempted to do the channel delays (both replace source or create remix subfolder) and it blew up. Well....tonight I went back to the original Sea Change (DSD) folder and told MMH to create a remix subfolder (thereby saving my originals from being touched) and re-did everything, this time starting with the channel delay step, then followed by the invert front channels step. Success! Go figure....again. (y)

To cut out a whole bunch of trouble shooting (path length, special characters, memory constraints during a copy, etc), try copying Wispelwey track 3 to the root of your drive, rename it something simple like 3.dsf, and try again.

Success! Go figure....again

Thanks for the follow up.

Nothing obvious to me. I did review the code but I can’t see what the issue is except that Sox failing to convert would cause the missing file error.

I will make a change to delete the temporary files if an error occurs and maybe I can log any Sox error messages which may help to workout why it fails on specific DSF files.

To cut out a whole bunch of trouble shooting (path length, special characters, memory constraints during a copy, etc), try copying Wispelwey track 3 to the root of your drive, rename it something simple like 3.dsf, and try again.

Great idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Music Media Helper 4.1.1 Released:

Version 4.1.1 (March 2 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Delay tool: As listed below
Progressbar added to each file view (handy for large DSF files or 192kHz FLAC etc)
Sox errors now captured and shown
If Sox fails temp files are now deleted
Only Trim start for DSF files (removing Sox DSF glitch added to beginning of delayed channels) - was trimming FLAC and WAV (trim length is same as delay added + 2ms)
Window Resizing fix

Last edited:
Thx. I followed your idea and copied the Wispelwey album folder to my C drive, renamed the folder "test" and renamed the four tracks 1.dsf, etc. I loaded the new 4.1.1 MMH and voila it ran successfully. Since there was no real control group (too many variables changed) we can't pinpoint the culprit but my guess is the path name was not helping. :oops: Here's the original:
pathlength1.png

I may run again, this time with original file names. Chip away at it.

Your directory structure is loooooong and classical file names are often also long which is why I suggested the simple test.

I realize classical albums often have long names (I'm in that industry) but I don't see where my directory structure is long. I have album folders directly under one large subfolder (in this case none, but in real world a subfolder called mch). Most folks have a nesting of artist/album at least. It's never bitten me until now (and this was a root folder under C). Easy to fix, though...thx.

I don't see where MMH can convert dsd (dsf files) to flac. Am I missing it?
I have been doing the following inside a perl script: ffmpeg -i $File -sample_fmt s16 -ar 88200 $Output1 and based on how well mmh does mkv and quad conversions was going to take it for a spin here also.

Music Media Helper 4.1.1 Released:

Version 4.1.1 (March 2 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Delay tool: As listed below
Progressbar added to each file view (handy for large DSF files or 192kHz FLAC etc)
Sox errors now captured and shown
If Sox fails temp files are now deleted
Only Trim start for DSF files (removing Sox DSF glitch added to beginning of delayed channels) - was trimming FLAC and WAV (trim length is same as delay added + 2ms)
Window Resizing fix

Works just fine . Thx for all your effort and foresight . Just completed resyncing Dig by Boz . 4 ms LFE delay on all tracks on average

Back