Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not like it is hard .. just seeing what else I could use your über tool for. Thanks for the prompt response.

Music Media Helper 4.1.1 Released:

Version 4.1.1 (March 2 2021)
-------------
Changes:
Channel Delay tool: As listed below
Progressbar added to each file view (handy for large DSF files or 192kHz FLAC etc)
Sox errors now captured and shown
If Sox fails temp files are now deleted
Only Trim start for DSF files (removing Sox DSF glitch added to beginning of delayed channels) - was trimming FLAC and WAV (trim length is same as delay added + 2ms)
Window Resizing fix

The in-application update option did not work. Had to download from the download site.
The msi file sizes for each download are quite different. 114Mb vs 74Mb.

I have a nice addition ...
A process that utilizes the exisitng Disk drive on a computer to break into a SACD and allows everyone to rip the Hires.
Us non techy (non PS3 +) numbskulls need help ! 😂😂😂
It depends on being able to write a software driver for the CD/DVD/BD read-writer to control the laser head position, select the correct laser, and then extracting the data bits from the disc.

CDs use 780nm, DVDs use 650nm and Blu-Rays 405nm. Interestingly the SACD layer also uses a 650nm laser, but there maybe other differences in bandwidth, laser intensity etc.

It depends on being able to write a software driver for the CD/DVD/BD read-writer to control the laser head position, select the correct laser, and then extracting the data bits from the disc.

CDs use 780nm, DVDs use 650nm and Blu-Rays 405nm. Interestingly the SACD layer also uses a 650nm laser, but there maybe other differences in bandwidth, laser intensity etc.
Many of you guys absolutely amaze me of your knowledge.
I think we should make a page of the smartest people on QQ, but there all here, mostly.

The in-application update option did not work. Had to download from the download site.
The msi file sizes for each download are quite different. 114Mb vs 74Mb.

Maybe the in-application download failed. The size should be around 114MB as it downloads the full application.

I should spend some time working out how I could just do a patch update (very small most of the time), but I’ve never done so.

A process that utilizes the exisitng Disk drive on a computer to break into a SACD and allows everyone to rip the Hires.
Us non techy (non PS3 +) numbskulls need help !

SACDs are encrypted and still need specific SACD enabled drives. There is no known software decryption, it must be done via a SACD enabled disc drive, standard DVD/BD drives can’t read encrypted SACD discs.

BTW: You do know about ripping SACDs to a computer using certain BD/SACD combo players? Oppo, Pioneer, Sony etc. There’s a thread here on QQ with instructions and supported players.

SACDs are encrypted and still need specific SACD enabled drives. There is no known software decryption, it must be done via a SACD enabled disc drive, standard DVD/BD drives can’t read encrypted SACD discs.

BTW: You do know about ripping SACDs to a computer using certain BD/SACD combo players? Oppo, Pioneer, Sony etc. There’s a thread here on QQ with instructions and supported players.

Thx , yes i know Like I said I'm a numbskull! Also this numbskull does not want another piece of kit lying around for the wife to ball me out about :(

Is there a way to do a channel remix where I switch the Center channel to the LFE channel? The Center channel would go away at that point but could be silent.

Sorry if this has already been addressed at this point.

Hi, basic question here. Does MakeMKV rip 4K UltraHD?
Or is it my little Panasonic ripper that does not play 4KUltraHD?
I have the INXS Live Baby Live and wanted to be successful at the full Video/Atmos rip, no go on the 4KUltraHD disc.
The standard Blu Ray included in the two disc set, ripped/worked fine.
If it is my Panasonic Blu Ray ripper, is there a brand or model that will rip a 4KUltraHD disc?

I'm not sure if MakeMKV works with UHD Blu-ray, but you do need a UHD-capable drive to read and play 4K discs.
Yes, I think that is more the answer, as I couldn't even get MakeMKV to read the disc.
Any brands you would recommend, strictly for ripping of course. Not even sure if I was successful at a 4K rip would JRiver play back?

Yes, I think that is more the answer, as I couldn't even get MakeMKV to read the disc.
Any brands you would recommend, strictly for ripping of course. Not even sure if I was successful at a 4K rip would JRiver play back?

MakeMKV will rip 4K with the proper drive. Dolby Vision discs have certain ripping limitations so keep that in mind. The MakeMKV forums have all this info spelled out there.

Hello Garry,

Great toolbox. Thank you.
But I've a strange problem. Used mmh to convert Chicago III Quad (mkv from quadio) into single flac files as usual.
KODi does not play all those tracks that are linked together correctly. It causes a pause. Tracks 13...17 as example.
Scrubbing does not work either.
Foobar plays without problems. I used foobar to transcode to flac as work around. That works. VLC behaves
similar to KODi.
2.0 is ok, 4.0 not.
Any ideas?

I've exchanged the flac encoder file and mkvtoolnix files without success. Using mmh version 4.1.1. But observed with older mmh versions too.

Best regards, Mike

Is there a way to do a channel remix where I switch the Center channel to the LFE channel? The Center channel would go away at that point but could be silent.

The Channel Remix tool’s User Defined Remix can do this. See the PDF docs.

Back